Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254301 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11925 on: July 12, 2015, 06:30:28 pm »

... well, the mahogany, at least, does have giant trees as well. Though I don't think it has the tool equivalents. They're just, uh. Buried. It's kinda' weird, honestly. But yeah, there's giant mahogany trees in the jungle underground, if you dig around for 'em. They've got chests in 'em.

i know, the only thing missing is a living mahogany loom for furniture. but yeah pearlwood, boreal wood, shadewood huh crimson wood should also have living tools and furniture along with giant versions...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11926 on: July 12, 2015, 10:20:38 pm »

I think before making any tall construction it may be a good idea to level the ground to almost 0 feet (a little higher maybe to have non-underground basements) to avoid having harpies and Luck Dragons or whatstheirname all the time.

I'm going to do that in one of my worlds, and put the default spawn in a tower of some kind.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11927 on: July 12, 2015, 10:31:37 pm »

Don't NPCs prevent them from spawning?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11928 on: July 12, 2015, 10:32:10 pm »

Has TEdit been properly updated yet, or has a new map viewer/editor taken the crown?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11929 on: July 12, 2015, 10:39:12 pm »

There was an experimental coded by critcodedtuna on Reddit; no official word from BinaryConstruct yet afaik.

should work on 1.3.0.4 but only if you can compile it and bugs are expected.

E:
Spoiler: vortex beetle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: rust shanty (click to show/hide)

1. found a cloud directly above the rust shanty, just below harpy spawns; had no structures. Had all of the water though. If you're going to ask, it's what flooded rust shanty in the first place.

Either way constructed it with a mix of tin plating, cogs, planter boxes, waterfall blocks, marble, and martian conduit plating.

it's my "mobile" botany up in the sky, with 3 residents to cripple harpy spawns. No guarantees if the wyvern will give a visit.

2. Rust shanty is complete; the large house is a mini-storage + dam + incomplete shanty housing the wizard. marble prefabs remain stuck there for eternity, at least until i can get TEdit and remove all the corruption, or clentaminate every hellevator or so, spaced 118 blocks apart. will be a pain.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:53:06 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11930 on: July 12, 2015, 10:46:46 pm »

Don't NPCs prevent them from spawning?
In non-expert, anyway. Mostly. I've... kinda' found wyvern spawning suppression to be a bit iffy at times, even in the normal difficulty. Not nearly often enough to be a serious issue, but I've had wyverns come down and screw with me in the middle of a mostly-full NPC barracks before. Probably spawned right on the edge of the suppression effect, far enough away to catch up when I got there or somethin', but still.

Will say that even in expert the NPC monster suppression effect is still fairly effective, though. Functionally you probably won't have much of a problem so long as you get enough NPCs up there before you trigger hard mode.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11931 on: July 12, 2015, 10:54:20 pm »

Of course, monsters will continue to spawn during Blood Moons. Not sure if that applies to wyverns, but I know that at one point burrowers could spawn and attack your base...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11932 on: July 12, 2015, 10:55:27 pm »

Of course, monsters will continue to spawn during Blood Moons. Not sure if that applies to wyverns, but I know that at one point burrowers could spawn and attack your base...

good luck if you happen to base in corruption.

world feeders.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11933 on: July 12, 2015, 11:10:17 pm »

world feeders.
Bingo.

That was my first experince with TEdit, actually; deleting the corruption created by the Wahl's death that perfectly centered itself on my base.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11934 on: July 12, 2015, 11:20:19 pm »

world feeders.
Bingo.

That was my first experince with TEdit, actually; deleting the corruption created by the Wahl's death that perfectly centered itself on my base.

and why i dislike building bases post hardmode, but dang, the game has around 1/3 of the remaining npcs on hardmode...

And there's no TEdit, so... I am forced to do the forcy thing: Bring Hardmode and build around it. :/ Thankfully I live in the crimson, which is marginally less worse, surface-wise. Stickers spit like hell though.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11935 on: July 12, 2015, 11:21:25 pm »

having corruption/crimson/hallow in the center doesnt affect you much if you have your base above ground.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11936 on: July 12, 2015, 11:49:46 pm »

I built this in an expert mode world and don't really have any problems with spawns so I think it's the best thing you can do in that situation. Bloodmoons are a bit of a problem but I run away during them hehe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I couldn't stay on the ground as it was crazy hard. Between the goblin invasions and the bloodmoons and basically everything killing everyone, it's pretty rough. Not to mention I'm planning to unleash hardmode on this world soon and I expect the surface to be uninhabitable.

Edit:

Also, I used all the leftover parts from making my little Chinese village based in a normal world so it feels like there's some connection between the two.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11937 on: July 13, 2015, 12:07:17 am »

tbh it depends on the layout of your town and your equipment.

in expert mode yeah i died a lot and my NPCs died alot too. but once you get certain weapons it becomes trivial tbh.

i found the bee gun specially effective at the job. you just have to dodge certain enemies and try to get the stars for replenishing mana outside of that perma spamming the bees make it a cakewalk.

same for bloodmoons.

i would advice that you leave a part of the layout as a park or something. a place where no NPC can be seen in the screen so you can just kill the mobs...it worked for me.....

the mobs will go for you instead, as the wont spawn offscreen in the other houses. so you can focus in killing them. kind like making an arena for events (yeah i know it sounds plain obvious).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:30:48 am by xaritscin »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11938 on: July 13, 2015, 12:50:32 am »

New Guy and Umiman.... Holy crap, those are some beautiful houses! I'm always blown away by anyone who can make constructions in such detail - who can look at a pile of pieces and imagine them into such an attractive cohesive whole. Well done!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11939 on: July 13, 2015, 12:56:15 am »

indeed, gathering all that dynasty materials must have taken a good deal of time and a large amount of money.
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 887