Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261461 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12090 on: July 19, 2015, 12:30:34 pm »

it is required to have them for several reason:

1. its the only mini-biome in which cobweb is a renewable resource

2. its the only mini-biome where you get the web slinger item

3. the black recluse spiders are the only source of materials for the early hardmode summoner equipment (spider armor and spider related weapons, without them you would have to defeat plantera for the tiki armor which means skipping a lot of your summoner playthrought because bee armor wont be of use there so you would be obligued to use other role).

4. the black recluses are the only source of the poison staff. for those who used it

5. It's the only location where you can find the Stylist NPC.  The only biome- or other condition-specific NPC that's tied to a biome that may not exist at game start (Truffle, for the above-ground mushroom biome) is still linked to a biome that can be created by hand, which you can't do with spider nests; I'm pretty sure honey and larva to summon the Queen Bee (for Witch Doctor) is another guarantee from the generator. 

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12091 on: July 19, 2015, 12:40:34 pm »

it is required to have them for several reason:

1. its the only mini-biome in which cobweb is a renewable resource

2. its the only mini-biome where you get the web slinger item

3. the black recluse spiders are the only source of materials for the early hardmode summoner equipment (spider armor and spider related weapons, without them you would have to defeat plantera for the tiki armor which means skipping a lot of your summoner playthrought because bee armor wont be of use there so you would be obligued to use other role).

4. the black recluses are the only source of the poison staff. for those who used it

5. It's the only location where you can find the Stylist NPC.  The only biome- or other condition-specific NPC that's tied to a biome that may not exist at game start (Truffle, for the above-ground mushroom biome) is still linked to a biome that can be created by hand, which you can't do with spider nests; I'm pretty sure honey and larva to summon the Queen Bee (for Witch Doctor) is another guarantee from the generator.

oh yeah, sorry....

basically all the minibiomes are somewhat mandatory for progression be it due to the drops or the materials that you can farm there...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12092 on: July 19, 2015, 12:58:27 pm »

exactly i brought some crimstone and put it into an specific spot on the map. it has been growing plentifull so far. but im worry that the hallow will end eating it overtime. they are separated by sunflowers tho.

as for the rest, the underground jungle is growing large spots of chlorophyte so i guess it will be safe for now. as for the surface its a lost cause. with the underground corruption spread at that side keeping the jungle clean will be a pita.

got to purify the corruption spreading towards the base and left some more sunflowers to cover it. the idea is to allow the hallow to eat the pre-hardmode corrruption spot.
Sunflowers do not block hardmode corruption/crimson. Hallow also doesn't eat corruption/crimson - they collide and lock themselves in a stalemate.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12093 on: July 19, 2015, 01:44:55 pm »

Do we have a running server right now?
Nah, shut mine down after we pretty much ran out of content.
Is it stripped out, or could there be a short time to go loot all the chests?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12094 on: July 19, 2015, 02:32:39 pm »

Super non-bonus:
Apex Cruiser from Starbound some time ago. I never got around to finishing the rail gun assembly between the forward arms. Oh well.
Did you make that in-game?
Booted up starbound while waiting for tedit/TC.

Yeah, I used the old Custom Ship Mod. Dunno if it's still around, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12095 on: July 19, 2015, 02:36:10 pm »

so at this point is there a bay12 server?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12096 on: July 19, 2015, 03:21:07 pm »

tried to take on the twins with the current equipment and didnt got them to half life, their play pattern becomes so quick its hard to mantain yourself dodging, i used the arena in which i fought skeletron though. i used also all my potions, any ideas in how to kill them in expert? or should i opt to go for another mechanical boss?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12097 on: July 19, 2015, 04:01:44 pm »

So.... I just went from regular jungle armor to full melee adamantite in one jump. From fishing. and it's glorious. Feels like cheating now.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12098 on: July 19, 2015, 04:28:54 pm »

It is much easier to fight them one at a time, and particularly easier to do so while running, preferably flying with wings.

that's what i did, the issue is that im playing summoner, and well, spider minions have to be at a certain position in order to do damage. my secondary weapons were a mythical meteor staff and a godly ice bow with unlimited ammo.

i didnt have hardmode accesories though. have just gotten for the ankh shield and well, had to hack in the materials for the charm of myths and the star necklace. only have seen 2 mimics in the whole gameplay, the one that gave me the bow and a hallow mimic which unfortunatelly i couldnt kill because i was swarmed by bats.

it seems 1.3 made them very rare to find. back in 1.2 i could find them frecuently, even had to sell the items cause already had the crafts.

but anyways.

sitting at 48 defense right now. maybe i will try the destroyer instead. at least i can get him onto the spider's attack range.

EDIT:

almost kill him, the head stole a large chunk of my life when i failed to dodge it, will have to think on a new strategy, also got swarmed by enemies. may have to use a calming potion.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 04:44:34 pm by xaritscin »

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12099 on: July 19, 2015, 04:45:25 pm »

I killed 4 Mothrons in one eclipse and got no loot.

I think the RNG hates me. :(
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12100 on: July 19, 2015, 04:48:57 pm »

I got an Eye of Cthulu every time. They're super common, I thought.
thincake

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #12101 on: July 19, 2015, 04:53:30 pm »

I killed 4 Mothrons in one eclipse and got no loot.

I think the RNG hates me. :(

RNGesus only accepts burnt sacrifice.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12102 on: July 19, 2015, 05:00:25 pm »

Mothron only drops the broken hero sword after all the mech bosses are dead, and only drops Eye of Cthulhu after Plantera is dead, from what I understand.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12103 on: July 19, 2015, 05:07:06 pm »

The solar eclipse started literally as I was fighting Plantera, so that obviously wasn't the cause.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12104 on: July 19, 2015, 05:44:50 pm »

built two small floating island, one with jungle vegetation for the witch doctor, and the other for the truffle with mushrooms and related stuff.

its part of a large project involving the move of all the NPCs to at least 100 tiles up on the air before the land is completely infected.

traveled to the underworld in search of the tax collector. found a shadow chest mimic too.

thinking of what to do next in order to take down the mechanical bosses. the destroyer was the easiest but i couldnt kill him due to large amount of enemies on screen during the battle. may have to make some pink candles.

also need a weapon for taking down the probes quickly, trying to shoot them with the ice bow is difficult and im not equiped for ranged damage.

maybe i'll wait for a pirate invasion or something, well if i get the luck of getting a pirate staff maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 887