Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254408 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12210 on: July 22, 2015, 11:05:27 pm »

... there actually is a dungeon fishing biome, iirc, there's just not terribly much interesting in it. There's dungeon crates in the game, anyway.
Mainly, dungeon crates can give you most (all?) dungeon items, like the cobalt shield and such.  Fishing crates have been used as a way to make some finite items renewable like that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12211 on: July 22, 2015, 11:51:47 pm »

Me and Kilakan have finally beaten the game and got all the stuff. I do find it funny how once we sort of got into the groove we just started killing the Moon Lord casually.

As for Plantera he is a lot easier then you think but you need a LONG track with a hole in it... You want to constantly go around in large circles.

There are few bosses you can reasonably beat without an arena.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12212 on: July 22, 2015, 11:54:36 pm »

I never use an arena short of a platform skybridge about 150 tiles long.
thincake

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12213 on: July 22, 2015, 11:58:59 pm »

There are a few bosses where that isn't ideal. Plantera, skeletron, Martian Madness, and the Moon Lord are 4 I'd classify that under.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12214 on: July 23, 2015, 12:11:55 am »

I normally just jump around my house. I set up a few little armory huts with heart dispensers to help me along.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12215 on: July 23, 2015, 12:13:58 am »

There are a few bosses where that isn't ideal. Plantera, skeletron, Martian Madness, and the Moon Lord are 4 I'd classify that under.
I still beat them easy enough.
thincake

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12216 on: July 23, 2015, 12:19:30 am »

I still beat them easy enough.

Yeah, true. It is far better then just using the ordinary landscapes.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12217 on: July 23, 2015, 12:22:16 am »

Me and Demon defeated the Moon Lord mostly by flying everywhere with the UFO Car Key thing and teleporting to the nurse with a mirror when we needed to heal.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12218 on: July 23, 2015, 12:26:17 am »

I just Spectre Armour + Nebula Blaze'd him
420nebulablazeit
thincake

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12219 on: July 23, 2015, 12:30:35 am »

Me and Demon defeated the Moon Lord mostly by flying everywhere with the UFO Car Key thing and teleporting to the nurse with a mirror when we needed to heal.

I did it by standing perfectly still :P

Mind you >_> I used a few tricks >_>

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12220 on: July 23, 2015, 12:32:19 am »

I really like how every time the goblin and the mechanic talk, it's always about love.

Like, every single time. It's all they talk about.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12221 on: July 23, 2015, 07:24:09 am »

I did it by standing perfectly still :P

Mind you >_> I used a few tricks >_>
Yes, spectre healing and buffs from the nebula armor are hilariously overpowered.  Watching you basically moving slowly back and forth in the middle of the moon lord on expert mode as I just fired endless lasar beams at it was definitely fun :p
Nom nom nom

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12222 on: July 23, 2015, 10:02:36 am »

The Nebula armor drops buff swirlies even if you don't deal magic damage.  I've wondered how good it'd work to fight moonbro with nebula armor and ranged accessories, and go with chloro bullets/arrows.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12223 on: July 23, 2015, 10:04:10 am »

Finally got the Moon Lord down, myself.

Those pillars are pretty wild, in a hectic but fun and very pretty way. I don't think I'd have stood a chance without the specter hood, at least the first time.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12224 on: July 23, 2015, 11:55:51 am »

And I have just beat expert Skeletron. Finally, damn. My first try, some time ago, was space armor + space gun. Bastard trapped me inside his head, death followed swiftly. So for the past few days I gave it a try again. Put down some fireplaces around dungeon entrance and extended the upper part with platform. First try was with amazon, because despite claiming space gun is totes enough for pre-hardmode in the past, I've realized I was a foolish, foolish man. However, it didn't go so well. I've realized I have some problems hitting his hands, the way he flails around with them. Tried some different combinations, including harpoon and crimson bow and then space gun again (all that on top of all the possible buffs I could come up with). Got him to drop one of his hands with the later, while using a minecart, but died again due to poor planning. So I tried with recently acquired Medusa's head... and it was quite good! Got him to drop both hands, but the fight was dragging off for too long, and just before the clock turned 4:30, he hit me with his head, killing me.

At that point I've realized my main problem was not actually seeing the bastard. I had shine and night vision potions, but they just weren't cutting it. So I put some high dirt walls around and torches on them, lightning the whole area. Tried again, combined Medusa + amazon and that was it. With some planning, surprisingly easy once you get rid of his hands, actually. No cray-cray mode like low-life EoC. Also found mechanic immediately. I guess that means it's finally time to start with my space yacht project though, I've been expanding my underground temporary NPC shelter for far too long.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 887