Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261161 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12360 on: November 22, 2016, 06:13:10 pm »

No worries tomorrow there's another day.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: November 23, 2016, 01:04:22 am »

WHAT! IMPOSTERS!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: November 23, 2016, 10:19:50 pm »

So.....  1.3.4 has been out for a week.

Opinions on the new content?

How does it compare to the Desert update?

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: November 27, 2016, 02:23:59 pm »

after five years it still gets updates, i love this game!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: December 29, 2016, 08:30:16 am »

Have somebody here tried "magic weapons only" run? What are your tips, tricks & stuff like that? Early game strategy as I understand is "dig 'till you don't find a cluster of 10 gems".
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12365 on: December 29, 2016, 08:47:51 am »

I did it once. My early game was digging during the day to find gems and running around at night to stockpile stars for mana upgrades. It wasn't much fun if I'm honest.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: December 29, 2016, 09:38:48 am »

Heh. There's a few mods that make it much less of a chore, iirc, though how compatible they are with the current version... *shrugs*

Couple of the RPG ones, I think the red cloud thing (though it's definitely not compatible with the current version, unless someone got up and updated it), probably others. Adds in more/better early game magic tools, extra sources of mana management stuff, that sort of thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: December 30, 2016, 01:02:56 am »

Oh, this thread exists.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

subi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12368 on: December 30, 2016, 05:28:40 am »

Oh, this thread exists.

Why not :) Game is great ! Let me know if someone still need a copy ;)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12369 on: December 30, 2016, 06:38:44 am »

RNG, y u hate me? I'm surrounded by Corruption biome from both western and eastern directions, and there's no wand of sparks. I really need to find those friggin gems.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: December 30, 2016, 02:38:11 pm »

RNG, y u hate me? I'm surrounded by Corruption biome from both western and eastern directions, and there's no wand of sparks. I really need to find those friggin gems.

Do you have trees close enough to make a bunch of platforms?

Eaters can't descend through platforms, so you might be able to make your way through.

Paving over the corrupted ground with wood or cactus will reduce the number of corruption-themed enemies.  Edit: or themed blocks from presents, since it's christmas event until sunday.

I never thought before about the difficulties of strict magic-only games.  Even the fishing rewards are all melee.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 02:39:56 pm by 0x517A5D »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: December 30, 2016, 03:40:37 pm »

Do you have trees close enough to make a bunch of platforms?

Eaters can't descend through platforms, so you might be able to make your way through.

Paving over the corrupted ground with wood or cactus will reduce the number of corruption-themed enemies.  Edit: or themed blocks from presents, since it's christmas event until sunday.

I never thought before about the difficulties of strict magic-only games.  Even the fishing rewards are all melee.

Well, I already got Emerald Staff + Vilethorn. I'll probably start with killing Eater of Worlds. And I made some kills with my instruments, so it's already not pure magic damage, but I don't care.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12372 on: January 04, 2017, 10:56:08 am »

Sorry for double post, but Wiki says that Aqua Scepter can be reforged to "Mythical" prefix. The problem is that I reforged it 50 times, but best prefix I got so far was "Godly". Is wiki wrong or I just really unlucky?

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: January 04, 2017, 11:34:10 am »

Sorry for double post, but Wiki says that Aqua Scepter can be reforged to "Mythical" prefix. The problem is that I reforged it 50 times, but best prefix I got so far was "Godly". Is wiki wrong or I just really unlucky?

Depends on the odds. The wiki doesn't have anything on the relative likelihoods of each of the mods, but if it's a 1% chance per roll, you only have a 40% chance of getting it after 50 tries. If it's 5% it's 93%. Anything in between and you're unlucky, but not spectacularly unlucky.

(Python code so people can check my math.)
Code: [Select]
>>> pct = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
>>> odds = [(1 - p/100.0)**50 for p in pct]  # chance *not* to get a p% roll after 50 tries
>>> odds
[0.6050060671375364, 0.36416968008711675, 0.2180653753474073, 0.1298857935220383
8, 0.07694497527671315]

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: January 04, 2017, 11:59:28 am »

If you received Godly for a magical weapon, Mythical should be a possibility.  The best modifier for any given weapon or tool tends to vary by a few criteria, but one of the big ones for magic weapons is knockback.  Godly and Mythical both have knockback modifiers, so either both are available to a magic weapon (if it has knockback) or neither are (if it does not).  Aqua Scepters do have knockback according to the wiki stats, so my presumption based on this and the information you specified is that the stats are accurate. 
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 887