Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263134 times)

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2011, 05:18:44 pm »

Thanks. Great game, blasting zombies like a boss with my shotgun while drunk, but endlessly repeating error messages kinda slowed it down.

Big issue. I am/use a German keyboard, and making @ is ctrl + shift + Q here, so I am basically  unable to ever view my char-screen after I enter the game, as they key combo  is not accepted by the game. Also why the numpad doesn't work for movement, I fear.

I will make keys configurable as soon as possible.  My apologies to international users!

I'm not sure if I like the 3 perk/disadvantage limit, will we be able to choose more when we level? I also kept running into DEBUG error things in the top left corner, just stuff like -1 HP or -5 HP and I didn't know what all that was about.

More perks as the game goes on is a good idea.  I have been considering letting the player spend large amounts of XP on character development; e.g. every 5,000 XP can be used as a single character creation point.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 28, 2011, 05:19:07 pm »

I'm also getting debug:health x errors.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 28, 2011, 05:30:44 pm »

New windows bin: https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win32_v1.1.zip
Fixes helpfile

All should users set comp mode to win95 to minimize the chance of crashing on the statscreen.

Vista/Win7 users should also run it in admin.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 28, 2011, 05:34:28 pm »

New windows bin: https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win32_v1.1.zip
Fixes helpfile

All should users set comp mode to win95 to minimize the chance of crashing on the statscreen.

I am so glad you helped with a Windows verision. I started to feel like the operating system bastard child... as if I was on Linux or... *shudder* a Mac. I will be downloading when I get home, playing until my wife gets home, and explaining why it is awesome until she divorces me. Such is the way of B12 favorites.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 28, 2011, 05:36:18 pm »

Fixes helpfile

I am so glad you helped with a Windows verision. I started to feel like the operating system bastard child... as if I was on Linux or... *shudder* a Mac. I will be downloading when I get home, playing until my wife gets home, and explaining why it is awesome until she divorces me. Such is the way of B12 favorites.
Lets just all thank the god of Operation Systems that we aren't macs.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 28, 2011, 05:49:48 pm »

Wow. You never want to be a schizo that spawns in a tiny town with no pharmacy. I walked along a seemingly endless road through a forest freaking out until I finally got taken down by wolves, it was fun though.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2011, 05:54:48 pm »

How do you increase the hunger rate?
Edit:Asking this because I increased the time ingame by 5x so I need to increase hunger by 5x.

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #352 on: June 28, 2011, 06:11:04 pm »

Just a couple of suggestions, I've been reading HP Lovecraft lately and I think it could be fun to incorporate some monsters from his writings, maybe horrific creatures spawned from darkness, mysterious sounds at night when you try to sleep, that follow you like a curse, maybe even randomly generated 'deep one' villages, with hidden underground full of mysterious artifacts and danger.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with his works, or you think it'd fit with the feel of the game, but it's just something I thought about this morning as I was making breakfast.

Edit:

Also, I get the following error when I try to make the latest from the repository:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:25:39 pm by dbfuru »

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 28, 2011, 06:24:48 pm »

Just a couple of suggestions, I've been reading HP Lovecraft lately and I think it could be fun to incorporate some monsters from his writings, maybe horrific creatures spawned from darkness, mysterious sounds at night when you try to sleep, that follow you like a curse, maybe even randomly generated 'deep one' villages, with hidden underground full of mysterious artifacts and danger.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with his works, or you think it'd fit with the feel of the game, but it's just something I thought about this morning as I was making breakfast.

Oh yeah, Eldritch abominations would be sweet! And I think they fit the theme, too.

Edit: Found a typo, it can be a spoiler, so yeah:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:37:09 pm by Bitoru »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 28, 2011, 06:46:32 pm »

Oh yeah, Eldritch abominations would be sweet! And I think they fit the theme, too.

Edit: Found a typo, it can be a spoiler, so yeah:

Hmmmmm. Delicious!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 28, 2011, 06:48:24 pm »

Another international side note: I am quite unaware what some of the drugs due, adderall and so on are rather unknown here.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 28, 2011, 06:55:00 pm »

How do you increase the hunger rate?
Edit:Asking this because I increased the time ingame by 5x so I need to increase hunger by 5x.

game.cpp, line 610.  Change (turn % 50) to (turn % 10) to increase hunger 5x.  I am still planning on unifying the passage of time somewhere, so it's possible to just change the time scale with a single alteration, rather than dozens in multiple files.

Edit:

Also, I get the following error when I try to make the latest from the repository:

That error is because you did not "make clean" before "make".

As for the eldritch horrors, they are already in the game.

Another international side note: I am quite unaware what some of the drugs due, adderall and so on are rather unknown here.

Once you pick up an item, press 'i' to open your inventory, the press the letter for any item to get a description thereof.  Also, wikipedia!
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 28, 2011, 07:03:07 pm »

I just thought of something, why not add duct tape to the game so you can tape up windows to smash them silently? And it's duct tape, it could have so many other possibilities!

Ignore me if duct tape and the ability to use it on windows is in the game already.

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 28, 2011, 07:04:07 pm »

My character feels sorry for killing their mother. Is this part of the hallucinations?

Schizos are fun. ;)

Also, the police stations need a doughnut stockpile. :P
It would make them even better at being safehouses.
eldritch horrors
I gotta explore a lab sometime.

EDIT: OH GOD
I thought I killed her

She is uninjured!
Oh... I mean it.
Wait a second... It?

You have the sudden urge to SCREAM!
AHHHHHHH!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:10:03 pm by Ma88hew »

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #359 on: June 28, 2011, 07:08:34 pm »

That error is because you did not "make clean" before "make".

As for the eldritch horrors, they are already in the game.

Thank you kindly for the help!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 777