Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263199 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1230 on: July 06, 2011, 09:13:17 pm »

This is a dumb question, but how do you put stuff into a drawer?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 06, 2011, 09:32:30 pm »

This is a dumb question, but how do you put stuff into a drawer?

You don't.  Sorry.  In the future you'll be able to.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 06, 2011, 09:43:05 pm »

I think there should be a distinction between types of sounds.  Because right now, Lightning Storms are basically zombie generators, because they cause loud noises wherever you are.  My safehouse being in danger of burning down at any time is bad enough without brutes piling up outside the door because they think I'm Zeus or something.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 06, 2011, 09:46:41 pm »

You CAN put stuff into drawers, but its not very easy. If you're over your allowed space, it will as you to drop  your current item - if you were picking something up from a drawer, it will put your current item in the drawer. ^_^

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 06, 2011, 10:00:56 pm »

Is there any way to disarm a trap?

'e'xamine it.

Thank ye. And perchance would there be a chance for items to trigger traps in the future?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 06, 2011, 10:13:02 pm »

My safehouse being in danger of burning down at any time is bad enough without brutes piling up outside the door because they think I'm Zeus or something.
You have the worst luck.  Is thunder more likely to happen outside of town?  Because I never see it in the city.

coolguy1351

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 06, 2011, 10:20:04 pm »

'e'xamine it.

Thank ye. And perchance would there be a chance for items to trigger traps in the future?

I remember reading about someone who disarmed a trap by tossing a zombie corpse onto it.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 06, 2011, 10:23:19 pm »

Wait, the Putty version is actually online and what we're doing is affecting the world for everybody else? This explains so much.

Are companions always extremely rare? I have met a grand total of four living people over eight or nine lives, two of them in the deep forest.

Just found a fifth. I had some sort of weird NPC Debug Mode, and then my companion ate so much Adderall his brain popped.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 06, 2011, 10:36:29 pm »

'e'xamine it.

I remember reading about someone who disarmed a trap by tossing a zombie corpse onto it.

Hmm well I've tossed various objects onto a few traps but not a body.

My safehouse being in danger of burning down at any time is bad enough without brutes piling up outside the door because they think I'm Zeus or something.
You have the worst luck.  Is thunder more likely to happen outside of town?  Because I never see it in the city.

I just had the same thing happen to me sans zombies, the fire extinguisher does nothing against a raging fire. Whales perhaps some sort of water/foam grenade for taking out fires would be in order. There are similar things in real life but then again I'm not to sure how effective they are against large scale fires.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 06, 2011, 11:09:02 pm »

Just found a fifth. I had some sort of weird NPC Debug Mode, and then my companion ate so much Adderall his brain popped.
NPCs will often spam debug messages. And their heads explode when the code screws up and they enter an infinite loop.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 06, 2011, 11:46:12 pm »

I just had the same thing happen to me sans zombies, the fire extinguisher does nothing against a raging fire. Whales perhaps some sort of water/foam grenade for taking out fires would be in order. There are similar things in real life but then again I'm not to sure how effective they are against large scale fires.

I kind of like the way lightning brings out the zombies--a lightning storm turns into mega danger mode, so stay on your toes.  They're not super-common.  Your location has no effect on the weather.

Fire extinguishers are really only good for small fires, a few tiles or smaller--you can nip them in the bud before they burn your safehouse down.  With bigger fires, you'll still remove a tile or two of fire but they'll be refilled quickly.  I like the idea of water grenades, and once I have grenade launchers and such working, I'll add them in.

Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Hamel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 06, 2011, 11:50:44 pm »

After trying two other cooking recipes, I am fairly certain that I cannot get any more cooking skill at all. Has anyone managed to get past 6 cooking after the recent skill gain modifications?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 06, 2011, 11:53:42 pm »

ToonyMan saw a Hulk kill a fast zombie, somehow.

Hulks are like Left 4 dead tanks or Killing floor Fleshpounds. If you get between their target and them they will utterly destroy your shit.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 07, 2011, 12:05:35 am »

ToonyMan saw a Hulk kill a fast zombie, somehow.
Hulks are like Left 4 dead tanks or Killing floor Fleshpounds. If you get between their target and them they will utterly destroy your shit.
Hulks fucking wreck you yeah.  If one spots you, you're pretty much dead.  Pray that you have a molotov on hand and then take some caffeine pills and RUN RUN RUN

Unless of course, you have an ample supply of deadly weapons.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 07, 2011, 12:08:05 am »

Or you can have godly blunt weapons skill, that plus even just a shotgun will in turn wreck THEIR shit. My best character had like a 2 in 5 or so chance to crush their skulls and kill them instantly.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 777