Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263004 times)

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1560 on: July 13, 2011, 01:48:31 pm »

well, I just started playing this game and I picked the android trait.  I got battery powered retractable adamantine claws.  They were pretty awesome, the only thing was that it also cost POW to retract them, and with them out you can't pick up objects.  So unfortunately I was unable to pick up batteries to eat them, so I was forced to kamikaze waves of zombies, or die a slow death of starvation.  This game is pretty awesome.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 13, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »

You could always crash at bee hives and ant mounds when the rain starts.
Because there is absolutely no threat in doing that whatsoever. Completely safe. Might as well not even bring a weapon.
Animal Empathy.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 13, 2011, 03:34:00 pm »

Call me crazy. But I don't think Animal Empathy should work AT ALL on the giant insects. Since it says no mutants and those are quite obviously mutants.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 13, 2011, 03:37:52 pm »

They're just big sad and misunderstood.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 13, 2011, 04:05:47 pm »

Well, I know for a fact Animal Empathy doesn't work on giant ants.  I have noticed that they don't attack immediately, but will latch on if you linger around them more than a minute or so.  I don't have enough basic experience with the ants to say if that's unusual behavior.

The giant bees were a little weird, when I went to a hive, they were all in constant Fleeing mode.  Don't know if that was Animal Empathy or something else, since woodland creatures like wolves just kinda leave you alone.

Funnily enough, it causes rodents and deer to follow you around like a Disney princess, but they constantly try to kill each other (and anything else that gets near you).
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: July 13, 2011, 04:11:52 pm »

Funnily enough, it causes rodents and deer to follow you around like a Disney princess, but they constantly try to kill each other (and anything else that gets near you).

O.O
This makes the perk so worth getting now
*Hugs*

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: July 13, 2011, 04:17:07 pm »

Be warned, I have never once seen them hit anything, including each other.  You'll also accidentally kill them all the time by walking into them, but this carries no penalty, and even if they survive the attack (like deer) they're still friendly.  Leading around a band of squirrels actually saved my ass once when a Hulk was chasing me, and they blocked him out as speedbumps so he wasted time attacking them.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 13, 2011, 04:19:28 pm »

Killing them all means more meats for mah belleh.

So it's win win.
How much is animal empathy anyway?
*Hugs*

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 13, 2011, 04:23:42 pm »

Deer are actually QUITE capable of smacking around basic zombies and killing off all the rest of your entourage. It's a one point perk for basically a traveling larder. Quite nice.

Also, bug. Crafting a molotov while wielding the bottle of booze leaves you with a glass bottle in your hand and a new molotov made. It ALSO seems like it only counts the weight of the new molotov, so if you drop the bottle, you free up some space.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1569 on: July 13, 2011, 04:49:45 pm »

I've been using hoarder a lot, because I play like that anyway. Anybody else use that?

edit- dammit. I got into a survivor city and now the game won't respond. I hope it's just lagging, cause if it's frozen I'm gonna RAEG.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:03:13 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 13, 2011, 05:04:04 pm »

The game autosaves, so you can forceclose it and restart and only lose a max of 30 minutes of game time.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1571 on: July 13, 2011, 05:34:46 pm »

Does it autosave when you create a character?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

gilmouta

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McGuard has been shot in the knee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: July 13, 2011, 06:09:43 pm »

So I still didn't get an answer: Where are the shovels at?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 13, 2011, 06:19:31 pm »

So I still didn't get an answer: Where are the shovels at?

Hardware store, as has been said quite a few times earlier in the thread, and exactly where you would expect them to be.  They're slightly rare, so you might have to look for a while.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: July 13, 2011, 06:22:21 pm »

Does it autosave when you create a character?
No, but it autosaves at every :00 and :30.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 777