Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263138 times)

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1755 on: July 16, 2011, 02:46:19 pm »

I got addicted to caffeine.
I got killed by a dude who presumably has three balls.
Were you playing Borderlands?

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 16, 2011, 02:49:17 pm »

Go find a new city to lurk in then. It's possible to clear them out.

It is? I though just more and more kept coming. Especially if you used firearms (which are most exciting, obviously!).

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 16, 2011, 03:01:17 pm »

I think there are about 5-6 thousand zombies and variants in each city
*Hugs*

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 16, 2011, 04:02:40 pm »

Crap. Got infected by fungaloid, so I exited the game to reload the half-hour autosave. Loads, I kill a zombie hulk that wasn't there when the game saved, and my game crashes. Reloading it from the menu causes an immediate crash now. :x
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 16, 2011, 04:06:47 pm »

That'll teach you to cheat. :P

Also, I wonder what was up with that lab - sounds freaking awesome.

Also: Found my first ID card/dead scientist today! Nothing else of value on him, that I noticed, BUT I was running for my life when I stumbled on him. I mostly yanked the card and ran, but it means I get to explore a lab now. Wooh!

And there's one right near my little isolated safehouse too.

(Oh god, I came so close to losing this character to one of the tank zeds, I might need to see if I can find a better weapon for fighting them off than a baseball bat at some point. My health got into the worse reds. D:)

Question: What does it mean when a stat goes red?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:15:33 pm by GlyphGryph »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 16, 2011, 04:19:29 pm »

That'll teach you to cheat. :P

Also, I wonder what was up with that lab - sounds freaking awesome.

Also: Found my first ID card/dead scientist today! Nothing else of value on him, that I noticed, BUT I was running for my life when I stumbled on him. I mostly yanked the card and ran, but it means I get to explore a lab now. Wooh!

And there's one right near my little isolated safehouse too.

(Oh god, I came so close to losing this character to one of the tank zeds, I might need to see if I can find a better weapon for fighting them off than a baseball bat at some point. My health got into the worse reds. D:)

Question: What does it mean when a stat goes red?

The number it is now is "reduced". So your strength might be 12 instead of 13, for whatever reason. If the number is green, its increased, like from stimulants.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 16, 2011, 04:30:24 pm »

So for long term survival, what do you guys do exactly?  I started in a really small town, I've survived for 5 days going around eating, upping skills at the local library and stockpiling everything into one safehouse.  Food looks like its going to be an issue, and I haven't seen any wildlife I can hunt other then wolves which give alot of meat... but it's such a pain to cook it. 

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 16, 2011, 04:33:04 pm »

Herp derp, meant skill not stat. Communication fail on my part. :P

Anyways, how is meat a pain to cook? Batteries from a single radio will give you enough hot plate charges to cook for weeks... if you can find a hotplate.

If not, the morale penalty for eating it raw isn't THAT bad. Also, BeeHive Honey and Berries!

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 16, 2011, 04:36:26 pm »

Hm yeah I guess you're right.  I'm the type to try to save EVERYTHING and hoard it all till its absolutely necessary.  So after cooking meat, how long does it last before it spoils? Or is it better to make beef jerky?

EDIT: I wish there was a jerrycan type item to collect tons of water and purify it all in one go.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:39:50 pm by Tnx »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 16, 2011, 04:40:24 pm »

A day or two, I think. Not long. But killing something new every day or two isn't that bad, really. Even a BB gun will give you enough meat to get by on, and wolves will happily run into your melee weapons.

Heck, I don't even go hunting anymore - I get enough meet from squirrels killing themselves on my spike traps.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 16, 2011, 05:14:49 pm »

I got addicted to caffeine.
Story of my life.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 16, 2011, 05:27:45 pm »

After clearing out a house of items and stuff, is there any point to leaving it there?  Or does torching it lower the rate of zombie spawning or anything like that?

EDIT: Wow just killed a hulk with the help of a bear trap, got like 10 leather pelts.. Are these even useful?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 05:30:14 pm by Tnx »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 16, 2011, 05:32:25 pm »

Yes, they make a few tailoring recipes.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 16, 2011, 05:40:00 pm »

Hm from what I can see, scratched eyeglasses do not hamper your ability to see or aim (hit to bonus is -2 for normal and scratched).  Was this intended?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 16, 2011, 05:41:58 pm »

Pretty sure none of the damage modifiers have actual effects, do they? I thought they just tracked how close the item was to being destroyed.

So... Any help on red skills? My skills have almost all turned red and stopped going up at this point, and I don't understand why. O_O
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 777