Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263350 times)

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1950 on: July 18, 2011, 01:13:47 pm »

I once had an item assigned outside the a-Z group, to ` (Spanish keyboard, but that's a French accent character). Took me a while to find the correct key combination.

Probably a bug.

In windows 1.3.7 I've seen items assigned to ` and @ occasionally, this is possibly related to having a full (52 items) inventory and picking stuff up...

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: July 18, 2011, 02:34:19 pm »

I once had an item assigned outside the a-Z group, to ` (Spanish keyboard, but that's a French accent character). Took me a while to find the correct key combination.

Probably a bug.

In windows 1.3.7 I've seen items assigned to ` and @ occasionally, this is possibly related to having a full (52 items) inventory and picking stuff up...
I've seen it too. Even though there is an item limit, I sometimes wear stupid stuff like three pairs of jeans, a peacoat, a hoodie, and a jean jacket when I can't find proper storage equipment. That's probably the cause, and I've only seen it once or twice.
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: July 18, 2011, 08:00:13 pm »

When are NPC's making a come-back? This game would rock with some NPCS running around looting and etc, etc :)!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: July 18, 2011, 08:13:36 pm »

I assume npc's will come back when Whales fixes npc's.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: July 18, 2011, 08:22:16 pm »

I can't really remember, but doesn't G (Shift+g) generate an NPC?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: July 18, 2011, 08:38:27 pm »

I can't really remember, but doesn't G (Shift+g) generate an NPC?

It does, but they're usually really buggy.

And, of course, if you need to press 'G' to spawn them, they aren't going to be spawning on their own. No running into an NPC while looting a store, or finding them running shops in a survivor settlement, which is half the fun of them in the first place.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 18, 2011, 09:05:11 pm »

Eurgh. Every single death has been due to huge mobs of zombies that appear out of nowhere. I ultimately end up surrounded by fast zombies. It also seems like it always happens when I attempt to cross a large field. Does this happen to anyone else? If so, how do you counter it? Should I just stick to running between buildings and streets and stay away from open areas?

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: July 18, 2011, 09:13:42 pm »

I try to stick to alleyways if I can. Or sewers. They have less deadly enemies than aboveground imo.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: July 18, 2011, 09:14:43 pm »

I've heard that CHUDs can rip you a new one, though.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: July 18, 2011, 09:16:05 pm »

Eurgh. Every single death has been due to huge mobs of zombies that appear out of nowhere. I ultimately end up surrounded by fast zombies. It also seems like it always happens when I attempt to cross a large field. Does this happen to anyone else? If so, how do you counter it? Should I just stick to running between buildings and streets and stay away from open areas?

Do you use loud firearms? Loud is bad. If your weapon is loud and isn't a shotgun, put a silencer on it. It won't stop being loud enough to spawn zombies, but it will be quieter than it was.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: July 18, 2011, 09:21:46 pm »

No, I use a baseball bat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: July 18, 2011, 09:38:35 pm »

Just remember it's usually better to run than to fight.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: July 18, 2011, 09:40:01 pm »

The deal is that the fast zombies keep up with you and surround you, letting the slower ones catch up before a way out can be made.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: July 18, 2011, 09:41:24 pm »

That's why you stand behind a broken window and make faces at them.
The massive speed hit lets you kill pretty much anything before it can move.
*Hugs*

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: July 18, 2011, 09:43:37 pm »

Good idea. Always shut doors behind you when you can. It takes them a few turns for you to run away or get ready to fight.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 777