Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263231 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #2280 on: July 20, 2011, 08:51:20 pm »

So. . .i found a bunch of lava in the middle of a road. Any thoughts? (Hell, volcanoes, superhot zombies, RNG incident)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: July 20, 2011, 09:04:43 pm »

AUGH MY LEGS
Will my speed ever be more than 1 again? :-[
To be more specific, my legs were just blown all the way down to 0 by a turret. Pesky lil' buggers.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:09:28 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: July 20, 2011, 09:17:13 pm »

AUGH MY LEGS
Will my speed ever be more than 1 again? :-[
To be more specific, my legs were just blown all the way down to 0 by a turret. Pesky lil' buggers.
Sleep it off.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: July 20, 2011, 09:24:25 pm »

I broke open a glass tank to get a "misshapen fetus", which was not present when the tank was opened.  I am disappointed.

Note to self, next time you break into a secret government evil science laboratory, bring Thorazine.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: July 20, 2011, 09:25:06 pm »

Is there any way to make the screen somewhat larger, in terms of how much area it displays around you?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: July 20, 2011, 09:30:52 pm »

Hi. Fan forums should be up within the hour. Had a few speedbumps with FTP clients and some family, but now things are on the road to working.

Mostly.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: July 20, 2011, 09:34:09 pm »

I noticed the screen thing too. Isnt the number of verticle tiles larger than the number of horizontal? It seems quite odd to me, as that would mean that your perception to the east/west is lower than north/south. Also, what about that lava in the middle of the road? What in the hell.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: July 20, 2011, 09:34:56 pm »

Is there anyway to turn off debug mode? It gives me errors sometimes and I'm always tempted to map teleport the hell out of places when I'm getting swarmed cause I'm such a p**** xD.

I can't resist the temptation! Hence, I'm looking for a way to turn it off :].
Thanks!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: July 20, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »

I encounted a gas station that was already exploded/burning. Did I end up in a place a previous character was?

I noticed some of the stuff nearby zombies were dropping were some of the things the suspected previous character was carrying at the time of death(in the exploding gas station).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: July 20, 2011, 09:36:45 pm »

Is there any way to make the screen somewhat larger, in terms of how much area it displays around you?

Nope, unless you want to learn c++ and mod this in. It's cheating though.

----

@xDarkx: hold SPACE down to cycle through the messages, then hit '~' to turn off debug mode

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: July 20, 2011, 09:37:21 pm »

I played a character that never left the sewers! If you have the right mutations and bionics, it is possible!!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: July 20, 2011, 09:39:28 pm »

Ok. The lava. Why was it in the middle of the road. Please. Tell me.

Red

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: July 20, 2011, 09:41:36 pm »

I encounted a gas station that was already exploded/burning. Did I end up in a place a previous character was?

I noticed some of the stuff nearby zombies were dropping were some of the things the suspected previous character was carrying at the time of death(in the exploding gas station).

Probably so, I came across the corpse of one of my previous characters before.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 20, 2011, 09:45:25 pm »

Perhaps it didn't look both ways, and was hit by a car fleeing the city?

I haven't even seen lava yet.  Occasionally I've found like ponds of water or something in the middle of the road, which is kinda weird I guess.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: July 20, 2011, 09:47:45 pm »

Nope, unless you want to learn c++ and mod this in. It's cheating though.

That can be done, considering I already know C++, but I'm not sure how it is cheating any more than having a large screen on, say, Nethack, Crawl or Dwarf Fortress. What's the point of having a large vision radius if you can only see a tenth of it? Cheating would be akin to giving myself a starting weapon with insane stats by hardcoding it in, or more points to start with, or uncap the number of advantages, etc.

On another note, debug mode froze my game, but I wasn't too far with that character anyway.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:04:45 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 777