Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1262978 times)

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4185 on: August 01, 2011, 08:59:24 pm »

So quick gun note Whales. The MP5 has a -1 damage modifier, while the glock 19 has a +1 damage modifier. This makes no sense. The Glock has a shorter barrel and uses the same ammunition, meaning that the muzzle velocity can only be lower than the MP5. The only way this would make sense would be if the MP5 came equipped with a silencer....

Fixed.

So quick gun note Whales. The MP5 has a -1 damage modifier, while the glock 19 has a +1 damage modifier. This makes no sense. The Glock has a shorter barrel and uses the same ammunition, meaning that the muzzle velocity can only be lower than the MP5. The only way this would make sense would be if the MP5 came equipped with a silencer....

Rate of fire, recoil and gameplay balance perhaps.

Well, it's a very small modification.  I'll try it the realistic way for a while, see if it makes the MP5 overpowered.

I suppose the logical way to do it would be to take some arbitrary muzzle energy for each cartridge, and then look at how different guns modify that.

It's not really a big deal except for Pistols/SMGs which share the same rounds but have very different muzzle lengths...

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: August 01, 2011, 09:00:58 pm »

I've been wondering, what are the heart symbols on the tileset?

Bloody, still beating hearts ripped from victims chests?  :o

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: August 01, 2011, 09:05:59 pm »

I think that they are pharmacies

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: August 01, 2011, 09:06:57 pm »

That's probably the + symbols. Or not.
In that case, what are those?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: August 01, 2011, 09:08:31 pm »

"Couldn't optimize tileset for drawing"
Is that suppose to come up, Deon?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: August 01, 2011, 09:11:33 pm »

Fixed.

Well, it's a very small modification.  I'll try it the realistic way for a while, see if it makes the MP5 overpowered.

I suppose the logical way to do it would be to take some arbitrary muzzle energy for each cartridge, and then look at how different guns modify that.

It's not really a big deal except for Pistols/SMGs which share the same rounds but have very different muzzle lengths...

That's basically how it works now.  Ammo has a damage rating, and different guns modify that.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: August 01, 2011, 09:13:05 pm »

Fixed.

That's basically how it works now.  Ammo has a damage rating, and different guns modify that.

Did you actually use muzzle energy for the guns/cartridges or did you just wing it? So far it's seemed reasonable...

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: August 01, 2011, 09:15:37 pm »

Fixed.

Did you actually use muzzle energy for the guns/cartridges or did you just wing it? So far it's seemed reasonable...

I don't use muzzle energy, I'm not trying to simulate it on that level.  But I did consult energy levels, fragmentation and tumbling when picking damage levels for different kinds of ammo.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: August 01, 2011, 09:20:10 pm »

Have to say that tileset looks pretty good, though I will remain a 'purist' for now at least, which is strange considering I never play DF without one. Perhaps it has something to do with getting in on the action early hmm.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: August 01, 2011, 10:48:35 pm »

WEEEEE THANK YOU DEON THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!  8) damn it i'm back from hospital and first thing i do is play cataclysm, this is as good as morphine lol

edit: Deon can you post a link of the forum/thread or wherever we can refresh and notice new versions of your tilesets mod please?

edit: Whales, i've found a bug i think: Wearing a light jacket over anything puts torso encumbrance to 0, taking it off will put it back to normal. For example, my torso is 3 without wearing the light jacket, then i wear it over my clothes and it becomes 0
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:01:08 pm by toupz »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: August 02, 2011, 12:41:06 am »

Wearing 20 purses does seem quite weird, though, theres only so many places you can hang one from!

I see no problem with this, as long as you get inventive. Just take a note from D&D or Final Fantasy.

Yeah. They're belts, but the point still stands. Also, humor. Don't take me seriously.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:50:43 am by Mephisto »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: August 02, 2011, 02:34:37 am »

"Couldn't optimize tileset for drawing"
Is that suppose to come up, Deon?
Yep but it has something to do with Cib's custom pdcurses. I notice no errors or slow drawing.

That's probably the + symbols. Or not.
In that case, what are those?
It was 5 AM and I couldn't come up with a good symbol for a sportings good store. I will change them most likely.

WEEEEE THANK YOU DEON THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!  8) damn it i'm back from hospital and first thing i do is play cataclysm, this is as good as morphine lol

edit: Deon can you post a link of the forum/thread or wherever we can refresh and notice new versions of your tilesets mod please?

edit: Whales, i've found a bug i think: Wearing a light jacket over anything puts torso encumbrance to 0, taking it off will put it back to normal. For example, my torso is 3 without wearing the light jacket, then i wear it over my clothes and it becomes 0
You are welcome :).
I will make a new forum thread soon. I need to add more item sprites :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BoxMacLeod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: August 02, 2011, 05:04:41 am »

Make the sporting goods store a little football!

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: August 02, 2011, 05:07:11 am »

Make the sporting goods store a little football!

This man knows

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: August 02, 2011, 06:20:38 am »

I don't wish to incriminate myself but I have first or second hand experience with most of the drug in Cataclysm, including withdrawals.

Oh boy, hope you make better use of my donation money.  :o
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 777