Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263205 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4440 on: August 04, 2011, 09:34:33 am »

Tried both xterm and rxvt and got nothing once again. I've only built it once, so my tree isn't what's broken either. I tried using a binary compiled two days ago (from this page), and I get the same results.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:38:11 am by ILikePie »

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: August 04, 2011, 09:57:54 am »

Tried both xterm and rxvt and got nothing once again. I've only built it once, so my tree isn't what's broken either. I tried using a binary compiled two days ago (from this page), and I get the same results.

Well, since you are on Gentoo, it can be virtually anything. Maybe you can try a sandboxed chroot or a virtual machine...
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: August 04, 2011, 10:01:48 am »

Is rope any good? Can I use it to descend into my own pits? if so, how?
You can't, but it may well pay off to carry a rope around with you anyway
*Hugs*

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: August 04, 2011, 10:04:59 am »

What is the use for rope again?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: August 04, 2011, 10:05:19 am »

It's a secret ;D
*Hugs*

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: August 04, 2011, 10:08:19 am »

Well, since you are on Gentoo, it can be virtually anything. Maybe you can try a sandboxed chroot or a virtual machine...
Meh, I've never had any issues like this in the past. I guess I'll just play on one of the ttys.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: August 04, 2011, 10:10:23 am »

Considering how rope seems to have 30 weight, I don't think many people will be carrying rope very far. Damn near fills up my inventory alone.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: August 04, 2011, 10:10:37 am »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: August 04, 2011, 10:11:31 am »

Fine then, if you fall in a sinkhole and have a rope then you can throw it and not sink.
Spoilsports :P
*Hugs*

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: August 04, 2011, 10:17:20 am »

I didn't even know there are sinkholes in the game. o_O

Some dumbass truck driver just took the corner of his trailer off by ramming/scraping it across a tree in front of my agency, some Portuguese guy is now screaming at him as if he's the Mayor or a cop, even though I don't believe he's even a local business owner. I wouldn't be surprised if the driver knocks him out.

Oh, domestic disputes; what saddening displays of human disaffection.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: August 04, 2011, 10:19:23 am »

I didn't even know there are sinkholes in the game. o_O
Thus the fact I said it was a secret.
*Hugs*

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4451 on: August 04, 2011, 10:37:07 am »

Where do you even find sinkholes? I've never run across one.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: August 04, 2011, 10:41:58 am »

Where do you even find sinkholes? I've never run across one.
Under a bed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: August 04, 2011, 10:53:45 am »

I've been playing this game for a bit, loving it, and It would be awesome if we could all post entries of our characters, like a mini lets play. 

Also, how do you find mutagenic substances?  I've got a strong genetic base, I wanna turn into a TMNT. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4454 on: August 04, 2011, 11:05:56 am »

I think my bear swarm may have spawned from 4 different directions and came at me due to the alarm going off, had one bear coming from each of North, East, South, and West. I shot the spitter zombie, then shot the bear coming from the east, then started getting mauled by the ones from south and west - and the one from the north came around the corner as I ineffectually shot one of the two mauling me. There were a bunch of other things too. Eyebots, regular zombies, a few other letters I didn't even take time to check. Those bears didn't take long to kill me. I might have had a better chance running back into the police station, but I slowed due to the acid and thought my SMG could take care of them. Full clip of it didn't do a whole lot though, haha.

Losing is fun though. Learning that my epic death by bears was a rare occurance makes it even more funny.

I had another entertaining death. I started in a house with another science lab basement, found a mutagen, drank it, gained schizophrenia. Drank the purifier, but didn't lose it. Then I walked outside and got swarmed by giant wasps apparently emerging from the next house over. I thought it might be a hallucination since I hadn't even seen giant wasps before, but they killed me real enough :)

I started a third brand new crippled character, and now I'm off to an even better start. I picked up a backpack in the house I spawned in, found another glass bottle of purifier and mutagen across the street in a basement, and drank them both - got rid of all my negatives and gained light eater. Next house over had a basement full of weapons and guns and ammo; so I'm packing a combat knife, a rifle, and an SMG - as well as a few stacks of ammo for both guns and a couple molotovs. I think I'm near the same police station my other guy died at, im tempted to go over and see if I can get revenge. Wouldn't mind reclaiming the mp3 player :D
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 777