Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263012 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #6885 on: October 13, 2011, 06:12:40 pm »

Speaking of which: If you have Internal Furnace, there's no way to distinguish between eating something and burning it in the furnace. This matters for things that could ostensibly be used for both, like booze and food.

Speaking of which, it supposedly burns "organic matter", but does it work on things made out of stuff like plastic or rubber? It probably should.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: October 13, 2011, 06:21:27 pm »

I seem to find more and more things to ask. Relating to Bionics. Are there slots that limit separate types of bionics or can you theoretically install 1 of every bionic part if not multiples?

Also for radios. I think you should replace the 'default radio broadcast message' with "This is the National Emergency Broadcast System. We urge you to stay calm..."

Actually, in the latest version it has been changed to an emergency brocast system message.

Ethanol is still very strong, but comes with the disadvantage of alcoholism if used frequently (along with the disadvantage of being drunk, but as noted that is obviated with the Blood Filter bionic).  The next release will see it rather nerfed, and perhaps see the Metabolic Interchange as activated.  Internal Furnace will also be nerfed somewhat; only cotton, wool, paper, and wood can be burnt by it.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: October 13, 2011, 07:20:50 pm »

Oh well, then it's still pretty decent, at least as a fallback mechanism.

Tbh I did not realize I could burn cloth and wood till quite recently :-P
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: October 13, 2011, 07:50:25 pm »

Umm since its been noted there is a shortage of CBM:Internal Battery(?), does this mean they are currently not spawning at all or that they are just really really rare right now. And if so where can I find them?

Also where are you most likely to find energy rifles. I found my first one off a dead body around town but if there is a specific area that is better to hunt in I'd like to know, I need another :P
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: October 13, 2011, 07:58:02 pm »

They used to be in labs... dont know if they're still there
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: October 13, 2011, 08:02:27 pm »

Well Im currently lost on floor 3 of a lab and have every single upgrade I could get. Conveniently I'm somehow regaining Satiation by sleeping as I have all the Nutrition Augments which is nice. But I've just run out of batteries for my flashlight and I can probably bash a turret before it kills me (outta ammo too) to get more but having a battery would let me use my power supplies and all my new gadgets :P

Edit: Is there anything in labs that can instantly kill you without warning? And its not radiation either. No mutations and I have a Geiger Counter running periodically when I get to a new area.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:09:54 pm by S.K. Ren »

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: October 13, 2011, 08:14:10 pm »

Well Im currently lost on floor 3 of a lab and have every single upgrade I could get. Conveniently I'm somehow regaining Satiation by sleeping as I have all the Nutrition Augments which is nice. But I've just run out of batteries for my flashlight and I can probably bash a turret before it kills me (outta ammo too) to get more but having a battery would let me use my power supplies and all my new gadgets :P

Edit: Is there anything in labs that can instantly kill you without warning? And its not radiation either. No mutations and I have a Geiger Counter running periodically when I get to a new area.

Turrets can kill you without warning...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: October 13, 2011, 08:49:31 pm »

Well, not entirely without warning. . I

I think the problem is thqt if you receive a hit that instakills you the game displays the game over bar without updating the screen, so you don't see the exact cause of death've had i. I've had ithappen witt hah turrets and one time I threw a grenade too neqr

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: October 13, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »

Is there...any way to check what killed you? I've had a couple abrupt game overs now and wish there was some way of telling which monster OHKO'd me. :/

This is why I asked this... I was exploring a lab with a fairly advanced character and "Game Over"ed out of nowhere. I was at almost full health too.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: October 13, 2011, 10:33:37 pm »

Is there...any way to check what killed you? I've had a couple abrupt game overs now and wish there was some way of telling which monster OHKO'd me. :/

This is why I asked this... I was exploring a lab with a fairly advanced character and "Game Over"ed out of nowhere. I was at almost full health too.

You probably encountered the damage stun bug, most often occuring with turrets.
http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php?topic=177.0

It's already fixed. Next release should be fine.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: October 13, 2011, 11:11:34 pm »

You probably encountered the damage stun bug, most often occuring with turrets.
http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php?topic=177.0

It's already fixed. Next release should be fine.

Well, the only enemy visible when I died was a Secubot several spaces away. Do they have ranged attacks? It was my first time encountering one.

Though I just failed to hack a computer I guess, so maybe it was something else? If so it would've been nice to have some indication of what...

(It was easily my most successful character so far so I'm a bit sad about not having any closure. :P)

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: October 13, 2011, 11:24:44 pm »

A failed hack attempt can spawn several secubots.  They're kind of like mobile turrets.  Failing a hack attempt can only spawn one now; I forget if it's in the latest release, but it will definitely be in the next one.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: October 13, 2011, 11:34:57 pm »

Is the CBM:Nutrition Recycler aug meant to give you free food when you sleep or is this a side effect of having it in combination with Chemical Imbalance trait which randomly shifts your pain/hunger/thirst levels up and down?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: October 13, 2011, 11:39:48 pm »

No, I think it just slows the rate at which you hunger or thirst.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6899 on: October 14, 2011, 12:04:02 am »

I wouldn't be surprise if ther was a bug where sleeping reduced the rate at which you hunger such that the recycler make it positive.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 777