Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263508 times)

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #6870 on: October 13, 2011, 03:16:26 pm »

I seem to find more and more things to ask. Relating to Bionics. Are there slots that limit separate types of bionics or can you theoretically install 1 of every bionic part if not multiples?

Also for radios. I think you should replace the 'default radio broadcast message' with "This is the National Emergency Broadcast System. We urge you to stay calm..."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:28:53 pm by S.K. Ren »
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: October 13, 2011, 03:49:03 pm »

While I agree that if you don't use Computers, you shouldn't be able to keep your skill at 8 just cause you read a book.

I would say that you shouldn't be able to get to skill 8 just from reading books.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: October 13, 2011, 04:04:26 pm »

Anyone open a canister of goo? I now have a pet blob. When I die, my mortem will read "A boy and his blob" :D

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: October 13, 2011, 04:07:35 pm »

Is there...any way to check what killed you? I've had a couple abrupt game overs now and wish there was some way of telling which monster OHKO'd me. :/

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: October 13, 2011, 04:13:58 pm »

Is there a way to combine item stacks?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: October 13, 2011, 04:16:16 pm »

We also need an extensive wiki for this game.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: October 13, 2011, 04:17:16 pm »

FZ posted a link to the wiki project that Matt started like, 3 posts ago.
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: October 13, 2011, 04:28:57 pm »

While I agree that if you don't use Computers, you shouldn't be able to keep your skill at 8 just cause you read a book.

I would say that you shouldn't be able to get to skill 8 just from reading books.
Why not? Most characters don't survive long enough to get more skill than that anyway, either because zombies or you're too safe and supplied to be interested.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: October 13, 2011, 04:40:13 pm »

Perhaps it's too unrealistically quick the way you gain dots from books... but the way the crafts and monsters are balanced right now, you can't really make it slower without upsetting the other points, I think.

Maybe it'd be better for the books to work like raw materials, and provide bonuses to crafting recipes, rather than increasing your points in a skill directly by using them.

It's balanced in other ways, though. To access the higher books you require high int, which require either point investment or drug usage to get.

BTW: On this topic: would be nice to have more first-aid crafting skills. Maybe combine first aid with cooking to prepare drugs and whatnot?. Also: making first aid packs.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:42:14 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: October 13, 2011, 04:55:12 pm »

Perhaps it's too unrealistically quick the way you gain dots from books... but the way the crafts and monsters are balanced right now, you can't really make it slower without upsetting the other points, I think.

Maybe it'd be better for the books to work like raw materials, and provide bonuses to crafting recipes, rather than increasing your points in a skill directly by using them.

It's balanced in other ways, though. To access the higher books you require high int, which require either point investment or drug usage to get.

BTW: On this topic: would be nice to have more first-aid crafting skills. Maybe combine first aid with cooking to prepare drugs and whatnot?. Also: making first aid packs.
Take drugs to read books! Look at the pretty pictures in the novel!

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: October 13, 2011, 05:00:05 pm »

Since no one answered Ill repost with a bit of separation as to what I can install in the realm of Bionics:

1) Can I have more than 1 power supply? If not, then which is the most useful. Batteries(to heavy to carry enough around) and Ethanol(way to heavy to carry around) is a no go. Solar seems ok. Internal furnace and Metabolic seem to be the best or even the same (assuming you keep raw meat around in either case)

2) The CBM:Utilities offers an LED skull light. Does that drain power?

3) Does the CBM:Hazmat Air Filtration protect from a fungal infection? And how useful are the Fireproofing and Internal Climate augs? I can see Blood Filtration working well with an Ethanol furnace though. Too bad it kills the effectiveness of painkillers.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: October 13, 2011, 05:08:58 pm »

You can have more than one power supply, but you need multiple internal battery cbms to increase your max power limit. Internal furnace is great for getting rid of anything combustable you don't need anymore.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: October 13, 2011, 05:15:02 pm »

Ok cool. Now if only I could find some Adderall down here. I forgot to bring mine with me.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: October 13, 2011, 05:21:22 pm »

Since no one answered Ill repost with a bit of separation as to what I can install in the realm of Bionics:

1) Can I have more than 1 power supply? If not, then which is the most useful. Batteries(to heavy to carry enough around) and Ethanol(way to heavy to carry around) is a no go. Solar seems ok. Internal furnace and Metabolic seem to be the best or even the same (assuming you keep raw meat around in either case)

2) The CBM:Utilities offers an LED skull light. Does that drain power?

3) Does the CBM:Hazmat Air Filtration protect from a fungal infection? And how useful are the Fireproofing and Internal Climate augs? I can see Blood Filtration working well with an Ethanol furnace though. Too bad it kills the effectiveness of painkillers.
Ethanol Used to be the best. Haven't tested it lately, but one bottle of vodka was like 30 power a sip, and 20 sips. If you had blood filtration as well, no negatives at all. Honestly, was pretty broken.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #6884 on: October 13, 2011, 06:03:14 pm »

You can have multiple, but one thing to note is that Metabolic Interchange doesn't play well with others because you can't turn it on and off. As long as you have any food in you, it makes you hungrier and fills the energy pool. The only time you could possibly be low on batteries is when starving, so unless you're starving you wouldn't be able to use any of the other power sources.

Speaking of, changing that one to be activateable instead of always on might be better. Or maybe have it toggle on and off. That way you could have it in combination with other ones, so when you're low on food you can disable it and use batteries or liquor then turn it back on when you have plenty of food around and need a recharge. Alternatively it could only fill your energy up to a point based on how hungry you are. If you're stuffed it could max it, if you're beginning to feel hungry it would stop at 50%, if you're very hungry it wouldn't charge at all.

This assuming it's still the same as it was last time I played, which was just before the construction update.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 777