Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263085 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #7785 on: November 10, 2011, 06:49:22 am »

>teleported into rock

Fuuuuuuu

Q: Where does the game put the sav file?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:31:02 am by ThtblovesDF »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: November 10, 2011, 08:42:34 am »

>teleported into rock

Fuuuuuuu

Q: Where does the game put the sav file?
In the folder called "save" in the game directory? Unless you're running an OS that moves it around.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: November 10, 2011, 09:16:06 am »

Ain't there, the only thing there is "Data" and some templates...  Searching for save or my char name didn't bring anything up either O_o

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: November 10, 2011, 09:25:53 am »

You must be running an OS (Linux?) that moves it then, unless the folder is somehow hidden.

Running a search for (Name).sav or (Name).seen should tell you where it is.
If you're running Windows it's probably somewhere in the "User/(Name)/Documents" folder.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: November 10, 2011, 09:50:11 am »

Found it, was hidden for some reason, thanks!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: November 10, 2011, 11:17:59 am »

I have finally encountered the dreaded "Lightning strikes your safehouse, everything goes to shit" situation.  It apperantly struck the toilet.  God hates plumbing I guess.   Lost all my meds except some caffine pills and a first aid kit I keep on my person at all times, since the bathroom is where I kept most of it.

I managed to rescue all my books, my food and liquids, the spare ammo for my primary guns, some of my crafting junk and miraculously my stash of batteries that were located in the bathroom in a feat that could have probably made it into a burning building rescue scene in some action movie.  Then I moved into the house next door.

I'm suprised at the amount of stuff that can survive a fire though.  There were some caffine pills sitting in the rubble completely unharmed, where I know there was a huge rageing fire, just 8 hours ago, most of my crafting junk that I didn't grab in time made it including all my nails, although most of it all is burned.  The ammo that I didn't manage to get out of there is gone, but two guns that were sitting in the pile of it made it.  One badly burned remington shotgun and a completely untouched TEC-9.  A deployed beartrap also made it, though I managed to set the thing off on my foot when moving it to it's new home.  I guess it's mad that I abandoned it.

Does huge piles of stuff just not burn all at once and it still has to burn through all the stuff in a pile one at a time, or are those things all just particularly fireproof?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: November 10, 2011, 11:48:49 am »

Piles of stuff actually need to burn away instead of the entire pile suddenly flash-burning.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: November 10, 2011, 11:55:11 am »

Why not stash your stuff in basements? that way you'd be safe from fires
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: November 10, 2011, 11:57:18 am »

Because then you have the problem of going to fetch your shotgun to fend off that hulk that's currently struggling through your pits, and having it follow you downstairs unharmed.
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: November 10, 2011, 12:06:27 pm »

That's why you keep a sawed off and a box of shot on you at all times.

Alternatively: leave a loaded shotgun downstairs. That way you will be able to kill him down there, and you wont attract additional monsters.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: November 10, 2011, 12:06:54 pm »

we need this

or this in cataclysm

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: November 10, 2011, 12:23:10 pm »

My safe house lacks a basement. (Yea I know right? How safe could that be?)  But I do keep most of my combat gear on at all times  which consists of a Double Barrel shotgun with an enhanced grip and bayonette (averaging 40 melee damage per hit, 80 with a crit while rocking both bludgeoning and piercing damage) as my primary melee weapon+Oh shit button (KERBLAM! KERBLAM! HEADSHOT 350 damage X2!), Silenced Taurus handgun with an extended clip for big bugs, and a longbow for general use renewable ammo ranged capability.  So I would probably be in good shape for a hulk showing up with little warning.

I don't get much attention for using my shotty though, at least not around my safehouse's neighborhood.  Maybe I depopulated the place.  Most action I got in a week was immediately after the lightning strike, and that was pretty much just a handful of green zeds that got a pointy shotgun shoved through their skulls by somebody hauling armloads of food out of a burning building.  It was funny though, one of them got brained by an unlit(d'oh) Molotov.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: November 10, 2011, 12:29:00 pm »

Also, on bows: ignore longbows but keep the arrows. Once you find a compound bow, train  till you get archery one (to make more arrows). I think it's important to keep a modicum of archery skill in order to be able to kill fungies safely and cost-effectively.

If you have the strength for it (and 11 is not too bad) longbows are superior to compound bows in every way.

More accurate, shoots faster, weighs less, takes up less space (?!), and does more damage when used as a melee weapon (not that it really matters much). The only advantage the compound bow has is a bonus to hit in melee.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: November 10, 2011, 12:31:38 pm »

Idea: Pyromaniac.

Get schizophrenia as part of your character and maybe parkour expert for quick escapes from fire. Get a lighter as soon as possible. Light libraries and gas stations ON FIRE AT ANY POINT!

I wish fire spread...

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: November 10, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »

It's located on the server you play on.  So, yeah, you can't delete it.

So does that mean I'll be constantly making new characters in a world of constantly diminishing supplies then? Or will it generate a new map every time I generate a new character rather than use a template?
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 777