Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263050 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #7980 on: November 17, 2011, 09:51:43 pm »

Paranoia or Schizophrenia?  I always play schizo, it's extremely entertaining, especially when you get "soft hallucinations" where you see creatures but nothing else.  I saw a zombie, not crazy dots and no scratching skin or anything, so I shot it and, it vanished, but the noise attracted a shrieker and then, well...  First goal is Thorazine, if there's a clothing store on the way to the pharmacy that's fine, but Your Mom isn't going to wait forever!

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: November 17, 2011, 10:20:07 pm »

Sorry, Schizophrenia.  I have  have visual and auditory hallucinations, had to kill my own mother, had the world dissolve into fractiles.. Lots of stuff.. There just is never enough Thorazine to go around.. Never enough..

Question; do you always start in the same world, and is there a way to 'reset it'?

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: November 17, 2011, 10:23:58 pm »

Sorry, Schizophrenia.  I have  have visual and auditory hallucinations, had to kill my own mother, had the world dissolve into fractiles.. Lots of stuff.. There just is never enough Thorazine to go around.. Never enough..

Question; do you always start in the same world, and is there a way to 'reset it'?

Yes, but you can force the game to re-gen the world by deleting files in the save folder.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: November 17, 2011, 10:32:45 pm »

If there is no "save" folder the game will make one, otherwise yes you always spawn in the same world, but not always in the same city.  I usually prefer to remake a world as a good run has left the current one lacking ammo, drugs, and all the food is rotten, makes a fresh start rather difficult.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: November 17, 2011, 10:41:36 pm »

So just delete the save folder, gottcha.

Thanks, I wanted to reload for the same reasons.  I know the world is huge, but I always seem to spawn in the same part of it and I'm running low on ammo and thorazine.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: November 17, 2011, 10:44:28 pm »

I'd seen a little thing somewhere that someone made to auto-delete worlds.  I -think- you could mod the source code (open source ftw) and include a simple run during character death to delete the save folder.  But I've observed crashes if you open the game, delete the save folder, and then try to make a new character.  If it's going to get messy anyways, then not much point adding that snippet.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: November 17, 2011, 11:03:37 pm »

After a nightly venture which I undertook on day one, I begin to question the conventional wisdom of  "night = bad, always explore during the day". Sure, you see much less, but then again, so do zombies. It's so much easier to shake them off, particularily with the new hearing system, that it makes it almost worthwhile.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: November 17, 2011, 11:08:51 pm »

When hearing doesn't reveal squirrels I'll rely on it more :P

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #7988 on: November 17, 2011, 11:47:07 pm »

That already has been applied, actually.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: November 18, 2011, 12:15:43 am »

After puking my guts out from drinking from a toilet again (this time I didn't die, at least) I had a thought - why can't we boil water to reduce the poison factor?

I know there's already a water purifier you can build and some purifier tablets you can put in water, those should result in purified water which is 100% safe. Boiling it should result in boiled water which is much safer, but maybe not 100%.

Also, is the water from ponds or rivers safer then toilet water? My city is running out of cans of cola and puking my guts out all the time is getting kind of old...

And for those playing at home, poison resistance seems to stop the generic poison you get from drinking toilet water, but does not seem to effect the food poisoning portion much or at all. Considering that's by far the worst portion of it, it's not quite as good as I first thought (though it is only 1 points, so maybe still worthwhile)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: November 18, 2011, 12:36:00 am »

Question: Is there a way to mitigate or edit the rate of hunger and thirst? I swear I'll be full and slaked for a good while and suddenly be very hungry and very thirsty WAY too fast.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: November 18, 2011, 01:01:29 am »

You can use the Recycler unit in CBM:Nourishment (or is it Survival?) that slows your rate of hunger and thirst.  Though yes, I've observed this as well, you seem to crash pretty hard in hunger and thirst.  Beyond that you could edit the source code, but that's a bit more involved, and if you're up to doing that then you should be able to figure out how Cataclysm code works.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #7992 on: November 18, 2011, 01:02:11 am »

You can take the light eater trait, or get it by mutating.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: November 18, 2011, 02:18:05 am »

Whales, can you add: "You butcher the human coprse and find a used bio-implant" as a tiny randrom chance + butcher/cooking skill?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: November 18, 2011, 02:21:39 am »

You can find bio kits on zombie scientists rarely, and I've found them on dead scientists map extras in the middle of the road.
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 777