Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263282 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10230 on: July 04, 2012, 09:22:42 pm »

what unofficial builds?  The only ones I know of are here: http://whalesdev.com/download.php and the update from the 2nd made it pretty stable.

NPC spawns are disabled in it though, you have to modify a file to re-enable them.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: July 04, 2012, 10:32:47 pm »

Two things for Whales.

One, is fire supposed to generate light?  I assume nothing generates light yet.  Any ETA on that?

Two, I think the Construction menu is a little bugged.  In the windows version, scrolling down to the bottom clutters up the screen with uncleared text.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: July 04, 2012, 11:30:53 pm »

Uncleared text is an issue. Happens in the construction and 'p'ower menus, as well as select occasions in others, like dialogue. On the Windows version, at least.

Fire not making light bugs me. I lit a piece of wood when I was camped out in the back of a store, to read by. Disappointingly, I could not read by it, and was forced to abandon as the fire spread.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: July 05, 2012, 01:43:52 am »

As far as I remember, there was a debug mode few versions back. I either forgot how to activate or it must've been removed... help help?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: July 05, 2012, 02:12:55 am »

As far as I remember, there was a debug mode few versions back. I either forgot how to activate or it must've been removed... help help?
It's Shift+z now.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: July 05, 2012, 02:36:48 am »

It's Shift+z now.
It works, thanks.

Has anyone tried to trade with NPCs and gain skills in return? You know, the 'can you teach me' line?

I've so far traded a shitload of junk I found in a hardware store for a lot of useful skills, and I am going to continue doing that. :D

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: July 05, 2012, 05:16:54 am »

The r's, they run too fast. And I don't drive - attracts too many zombies.
The house I built was next to a pond, so water wasn't an issue. I mostly just wanted to see if I could build one from scratch.

I throw rocks at them. Plenty of rocks lying around, and it's usually a one hit kill once you hit. I also use knives, but since I usually only carry one and you can't find more in the wilderness it can get a bit tedious picking it up after every miss.
Love, scriver~

wvmmhxkh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: July 05, 2012, 05:25:22 am »

I'd like to report two bugs.

1. If you save while driving near NPC your saves will be fucked up permanently, when loading saved game afterwards- process will start allocating our memory, until it runs out of it.

2. After starting tremors in mine instead of getting Amigala Horror/s spawning game will crush no matter what you do. The only time it didn't i stood next to the holes and got killed by amigala horror the moment it spawned.

Also my game crashed several times after i talked to npc and that npc continued to go to wherever he were going. Killing npc prevents that.

wvmmhxkh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: July 05, 2012, 05:57:03 am »

Also it seems that if you unload too much items into car's truck some of them can get destroyed. Though some fall on the ground as they should.

wvmmhxkh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: July 05, 2012, 09:14:51 am »

BUG: Throwing a molotow into forest generated by triffid queen also crashes game from time to time.

also aren't vinebeasts are too hardcore? i mean you can burn them with molotow, but those are some though fast bastards. i can beat a skeleton with a bat if it closes on me, but if vinebeast gose into close quarters you are in a lot of trouble, though you can try to ignite earth under it and wait until one of you dies. as if triffids weren't big enough trouble.

wvmmhxkh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: July 05, 2012, 12:12:35 pm »

Now that's some weird-ass bug. I've got into missile silo, hacked and launched missile into fungal bloom, went back to the upsairs. Then i was in a middle of nowhere, map completely covered in fow, but the was a mark "goes down". It was in a middle of forest and didn't go down even slightly. Then i returned to old save, launched missile again, went up, saved, loaded. Now i was embedded in stone. So i sonic resonated my way into silo, went up, then again, then i was again in missile control room but map showed that i was on the surface. Couldn't sonic resonate my way out. Then i went up again, get into new map again, but couldn't save-load my way out this time.

Also missile didn't even blast fungal bloom.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: July 05, 2012, 06:00:06 pm »

There is an official forum, with a bug reporting board. Your experiences might be more useful posted there.
http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: July 05, 2012, 06:36:10 pm »

I just checked out the game with Deons tileset and I'm loving it so far.

Two questions.

Is there an updated tileset anywhere? (The tiny screen annoys the crap out of me after playing Deons)
I wielded an item, then tried to switch back to a martial arts style, but none of the keys work. Is this a windows port bug?
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: July 05, 2012, 06:54:05 pm »

I think pressing (w) then (_) lets you pick your martial arts style

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: July 05, 2012, 07:00:07 pm »

I think pressing (w) then (_) lets you pick your martial arts style

I tried that, but it didn't do anything.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 777