Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263456 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #10695 on: July 19, 2012, 04:16:24 pm »

Wow, I just deleted my Cataclysm folder (+ saves) to make way for the newest version. Over 116,000 files.

What on earth does it do to generate so many files??
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10696 on: July 19, 2012, 04:17:24 pm »

If I remember correctly, each space on the map creates its own personal file to store everything inside of it. You probably explored a lot.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: July 19, 2012, 04:22:18 pm »

My last attempt at attacking the trifflid grove got reverted.  The game crashed while I was throwing a Molotov at a queen trifflid from my car, the bug happened where the car vanished on load and I had to revert to a backup.

The backup was before I made my first attempt against the grove and I decided to try again this time with more firepower.  Like last time the surface grove burned to the ground, but again I was halted by the vines once I got inside.  I managed to shoot out 3 or 4 hubs, and a few purple things but I eventually got to a point where I had a wall of vines and no hub in sight.  I knifed my way through a bit, but took too much damage from meleeing them and had to leave again.

There's gotta be an easier way.  Maybe I'll just move.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:40:01 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: July 19, 2012, 04:33:55 pm »

Can't find the link to the version with doors without windows. Was a few pages back, but I seem to be blind.

It's my version. You can look back if you want. I'm still hammering out normal spawning of vehicles in parking lots and not much time to do that today. Gotta meet a man about a game of Power Grid.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: July 19, 2012, 07:53:27 pm »

Sorry for the noob question, as I haven't played in a while and there doesn't seem to be any info on vehicles in the Help menu:

I'm looking for the key that toggles the auto-throttle. I somehow toggled it off and can't remember how to get it back. Anyone know?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: July 19, 2012, 07:53:52 pm »

$ key does it.
*Hugs*

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: July 19, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »

Thanks!

(I probably could've gone searching the Cata forums, but I was feeling lazy... don't tell anyone, shh.)

Edit: Omg, these debug messages just killed me. Every step I took, I had to press space 6 times for this one NPC who was chasing me. I was so distracted trying not to crash my bike while running from Mr Angry and an army of Zs that I someow didn't see that he was right in front of me. He was also a karate master, kicked me in the eyes as I flew past, and blinded me. Then he kicked me again in the eyes and I died. This was after fending off 60+ zombies whilst suffering the same debug-spam. :( That wasn't fun.

Then I started a new character, in a completely different city, went down into the Evac shelter's basement and HE WAS THERE, WAITING FOR ME, AND SMACKED ME IN THE EYES AGAIN, BLINDING ME, AGAIN. F*** you, Hernandez!!

He's following me to every new character I make, and now another hostile NPC has started following me, so now there are three NPCs in this room with my 1-minute-old-already-doomed third character. This release has some bugs... :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:49:22 pm by Moogie »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: July 19, 2012, 10:05:28 pm »

Thanks!

(I probably could've gone searching the Cata forums, but I was feeling lazy... don't tell anyone, shh.)

Edit: Omg, these debug messages just killed me. Every step I took, I had to press space 6 times for this one NPC who was chasing me. I was so distracted trying not to crash my bike while running from Mr Angry and an army of Zs that I someow didn't see that he was right in front of me. He was also a karate master, kicked me in the eyes as I flew past, and blinded me. Then he kicked me again in the eyes and I died. This was after fending off 60+ zombies whilst suffering the same debug-spam. :( That wasn't fun.

Then I started a new character, in a completely different city, went down into the Evac shelter's basement and HE WAS THERE, WAITING FOR ME, AND SMACKED ME IN THE EYES AGAIN, BLINDING ME, AGAIN. F*** you, Hernandez!!

He's following me to every new character I make, and now another hostile NPC has started following me, so now there are three NPCs in this room with my 1-minute-old-already-doomed third character. This release has some bugs... :P
Yep; I had the same issue. Tip: open the debug menu ('Z') and use the kill npcs option. Any NPC even remotely nearby has their head implode. As for debug messages, tilde key turns them off; though I personally got so annoyed at them I literally removed them from code (see also: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87501.msg3457125#msg3457125)

Now I'm raiding a science lab.
Spoiler: sci-lab spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:07:19 pm by alway »

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: July 19, 2012, 10:11:00 pm »

That made me laugh for a good five minutes.  :D
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: July 19, 2012, 10:19:01 pm »

I swear, he was Chuck Norris with a fake nametag.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: July 19, 2012, 10:19:27 pm »

Oh derping hell. I threw the wrong mininuke. Protip: throw the one you activated.

Though overall not a terrible lab attempt considering I was screwing around with the intention of savescumming. :P

Hell, I expected to die on the bridge before I even found the lab.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:21:01 pm by alway »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: July 19, 2012, 11:45:22 pm »

I've been playing DF too much.  I am enjoying hitting squirrels for over 1k damage with a bladed car entirely too much.  Almost destroyed my car twice swerving to hit one too.  But it will take more than a basketball court to stop this car from severely overkilling a small harmless mammal!

In other news it is now summer, and I moved into a new cave, one without living trees trying to plant a tree in me.  Didn't even have to fight for it, the underground portion is just a single large cavern with nothing in it but a human body.  I'm half expecting some elder god to come out of the walls to eat me, but in a couple more days I'll have a roof over the entrance and won't have to sleep down there anymore.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: July 20, 2012, 05:18:07 am »

Is here somebody who doesn't like skill rust and the fact that you have to grind butchering for days to be able to get a chunk of meat from time to time and who had the knowledge to "fix" this?

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: July 20, 2012, 05:37:23 am »

After a long first day running through several cities and being beaten half to death, it starts to get late. My character finds a cave. One thought passes through my head as I stumble inside.

"Boy, I sure hope this is empty."

Spoiler: Lol. (click to show/hide)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: July 20, 2012, 05:57:16 am »

I figure ive missed something obvious, but I just tried to update with the virtualbox emulator and got the error : unable to look up github.com (port 9418) (Temporary failure in name resolution)

Any advice on what I may have done wrong, (the windows current windows versions still seems rather crashtastic for me)
I was getting that too, just now.  I dealt with it by using

rm -rf Cataclysm && git clone git://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm.git

As I understand it, that deletes your Cataclysm folder and then pulls the data from Whales' github, all fresh and latest versiony and stuff.  Just ./compile and then ./run.
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 777