Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448835 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2010 on: September 20, 2012, 08:31:53 am »

There seems to be issues with trying to conduct interplanetary travel... like coming out of time compression and your ship just breaking into pieces for no reason. Make sure you do a lot of quick-saving if you plan to do it.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2011 on: September 20, 2012, 09:06:01 am »

Okay, so I was away from KSP for some time, and decided to make some small steps first to regain my bearings in the new version.

Made a spaceplane. (Well, more plane than space) Flew out with it. Decided to see if the pilot could hold onto the railing in flight. And, er...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The plane eventually ran out of fuel, and the deceleration dislodged the pilot before I could do anything, so he did fall in the end. But still. Hell of a ride.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 20, 2012, 09:42:55 am »

muhahaha! by reducing the payload, the gargantua class heavy lifter managed to bring 3 people into space!

then I discover that the new capsule lacked fuel lines to the NERVA engines, so I had to use the lander to propel the ship to the satellite...

I even landed, but the thing is too tall, fell sideways ( after a somersault) and it got disassembled.
however, I discovered I was withing view of the mun arch! attempts to explore it were met with failure because it is FAR! attempts to use jetpacks were met with rock induced death :/

oh, well. time to send a rescue expedition!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:48:48 am by andrea »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 20, 2012, 09:56:07 am »

do air intakes actually work to help your spaceplanes engines?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: September 20, 2012, 10:07:28 am »

Is the site still messed up, or is it my end?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: September 20, 2012, 10:11:08 am »

Well I managed to get through in the end.
(After failing at least a dozen times.)

edit: And the file didn't download properly... -_-
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:14:05 am by Ultimuh »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: September 20, 2012, 10:23:53 am »

Yeah, that's the problem I've been having all day.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2017 on: September 20, 2012, 10:30:06 am »

I went over my friendly piratey bay and got my update since the patcher didnt work.

That's... perhaps not the kind of thing you should be broadcasting :P
Why not? He clearly owns the game, but was unable to update because the official patcher didn't work. The forum rules say you cannot post copyrighted material, or links to said material... not that you can't mention that you went to a file sharing website to get an update for a game you own.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: September 20, 2012, 10:32:38 am »

Yeah, that's the problem I've been having all day.

So the file won't be downloaded today it seems..
Always halfway (or a quarterway) before it gets cut off.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: September 20, 2012, 10:45:43 am »

Lame, this was going to keep me occupied until TL2 unlocks, now I need something to keep me occupied until this is fixed :P

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: September 20, 2012, 10:47:48 am »

Hey, it's only another hour.

I've been playing black mesa till then.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2021 on: September 20, 2012, 11:13:28 am »

I'm looking forward to a ship made up entirely of nuke rockets.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: September 20, 2012, 11:15:39 am »

I'm finally downloading now. Interplanetary exploration go!
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 20, 2012, 11:27:49 am »

I've been having problems with my ships just ripping themselves apart,
and i get really bad lag. It seems they turned up the harshness of the physics.
Also I noticed the hydraulic decoupler seems to bug out sometimes, so i've stopped using them.

Maybe i'm just building way too big... i am using about 600 parts.

And it may just be pride, but I am trying to explore other planets with a 3 size capsule, might be a bit ambitious.

What kind of thrust do you need to get back from the other planets? I've brought 7 big engines and 14 big fuel tanks... too much?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2024 on: September 20, 2012, 11:36:38 am »

The Space Kracken was eaten by Space Cthulhu, who disintigrates ships whenever they deaccellerate from 100,000x real time too fast.

As for the ship designs, I don't know the lift requirements needed for most of the planets, but try starting with a one-way trip. Kerbin is really crowded, so the astronauts actually appreciate being stranded.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 848