Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448340 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Wait... there's saving and loading?

!!!!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I play roguelike KSP. No quicksaves.

It's made missions all the more hair-raising.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Wait... there's saving and loading?

!!!!
f5 and f9

I play roguelike KSP. No quicksaves.

It's made missions all the more hair-raising.

It's the same for me, except with rovers. Those hellspawns are bugged out as fuck and I'm not going to start all over again just because some motorized imp decided to do a backflip.

Anyway, I connected a rocket to my miner/rover on Mun. Turns out that you cannot use the KAS link between vehicles to refine Kethane. I need a new miner with liquid fuel / monopropellant / etc tanks ;_;

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

You might find rovers more stable if you drive them in docking mode. When you're in staging mode, driving forward is also trying to tip your rover over.

I need to get around to posting some of my own missions soon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

After three tries, I finally got my rover / miner on Mun.

Turns out the drills don't reach the ground...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pad testing of all systems prior to mission launch is essential.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

So, I have miners on Minmus now. It's just a matter of mass implementation to actually turn it into a refueling base.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

What mod is it where you do all the mining?  I keep hearing about it.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

Kethane. It's a pretty cool mod.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

After completely failing to get the right order to dock my spare parts supply vessels, I've decided to create an Antarctic kethane research base.

Speaking of mods, would anyone happen to have a mod that allows supply routes of some kind? Something like automated launches of vessels from a planetary kethane refinery to a spacestation once it's full of fuel would be awesome.

EDIT:

Kethane. It's a pretty cool mod.

You might want to check out the Orbital Construction mod too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:19:58 pm by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

After completely failing to get the right order to dock my spare parts supply vessels, I've decided to create an Antarctic kethane research base.

Speaking of mods, would anyone happen to have a mod that allows supply routes of some kind? Something like automated launches of vessels from a planetary kethane refinery to a spacestation once it's full of fuel would be awesome.
There is currently no automation of any kind in KSP. I guess you could just make a cheat part that generates a resource from nothing to simulate incoming resources.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

So I was totally going to post something that was actually productive, and I still might.

But I got distracted by doing Soviet Tank Drops, Kerbal-Style, which is also the name of my new classical dubstep rock band.

Unlike my classical dubstep rock band, however, extremely Kerbal Soviet tank drops were an actual thing, and a slightly more safe but still awesome variation was not, as far as I know, taken out of use due to a terrible disaster. Basically, take a Soviet C-130 equivalent and load it up with some tanks of your choice . Possibly optionally (I can't find the wikipedia page anymore >_<) strap some parachutes  and/or retrorockets to the tanks. Fly the plane (duh). Fly said plane really, really close to the ground. Drive the tanks off the back of the plane and onto the ground, letting them coast to a stop. While the plane is still technically flying.

Alas, this was, as you might expect, as dangerous as it was awesome, and they stopped doing it after an accident got some important people killed. There is, however, the other variation, which is more like a standard low altitude dropping-tanks maneuver, but in addition to parachutes, they strap retrorockets to the tanks to help with the landing.You heard me. Rockets.

Anyways, back to my extremely kerbal take. I would have done it the actual way, but I couldn't get the tanks into the Mk4 cargo bay.   I was also much too lazy to actually make separate tanks, and since I haven't installed Crew Manifest yet, the tanks are thus unmanned. BUT THAT'S BESIDE THE POINT:

Open the spoiler for the thrilling conclusion!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Thumbnails, please? That's a lot of really large images on my not-very-good network :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Thumbnails, please? That's a lot of really large images on my not-very-good network :/

Sorry Dx I'll see what I can do. which may involve img.ur or something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Eh, no point reuploading the ones you've already posted. Just, you know, for future reference :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Eh, no point reuploading the ones you've already posted. Just, you know, for future reference :P

Ah, alright then :P

That aside, KERBAL TANK DROPS WHOO.

* Twi spins in pointless victory.*
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 848