Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443900 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Kethane is absurdly fun. I'm going to add an empty Xenon tank and have a goal of returning a payload of "Space gas" to KSC.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Amazing, someone commented that a few decouplers might have allowed some of those shots to go in.
The explosions were good though.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

What IS that?!
Well, besides cool and awesome.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Kerbal Space Jam
HAS KERBAL SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?
OR HAS KERBAL SCIENCE NOT GONE TOO FAR ENOUGH?!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

I crash landed on the Mün... I like this lander though. It needs more fuel, but it's a good start.
Now to rescue the poor kerbals...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Luckily, the third one is still in orbit around the Mun and can get back to Kerbin, so there's that. The lander has no fuel left, so even if it was upright, I couldn't get it back to orbit, sadly.

On other news, my probe design is apparently able to reach pretty much anywhere. I got one to Duna with a lot of fuel to spare (about half of it).
Another is around the Mun. I attempted Duna when I saw how much fuel it had left (more than 3/4). Munar slingshot is hard, but the nodes make so much easier.

And I docked two ships together! AND IT'S HORRIFYINGLY HARD.

Mind you, I barely played the previous versions (The best I did was landing on the Mün without dying), and I downloaded the 0.20.2 less than 48 hours earlier. The docking was between my 5th and 6th things in orbit. (first was a test, second a cute satellite in polar orbit, 3rd and 4th a failed docking attempt, 5-6 the successful one, 7th a munar probe, 8th the Duna one, 9th a failed manned mun flight (not enough fuel, did not break orbit), 10th the crash-munlanding. Plus a dozen aborted flights.).

Featured: complexity.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orbits are fun.  If you're on the same orbital plane as the Mun, your orbit is eccentric enough, and you're patient enough, you can get flung out of the kerbin orbit without using any fuel.  Gravity slingshots are incredible things.

If you've got Mechjeb 2 in, you can play with maneuver nodes.  Simply place a node, and change the thrust until you intercept an orbital body at any point (ie, the orbit of the craft will cross the orbit of the Mun at some point) then slide it forwards and back in time until it gets an encounter.  Using mechjeb, you can fine-tune the timing and thrust of the node to achieve some pretty exact slingshots.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Yeah, I've used gravity slingshots to get rockets made to get to the mun all the way out of the solar system.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys, been a while, but I've got a new game going, starting with my new Kethane probe:

If you're wondering, I'm using Hexcans, a very nifty modular resource can pack, which makes for some very compact probes and ships.

This is the Taltrek-1 in orbit of Minmus:
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

Well, it's not my first time landing on Duna, but it's the first time I've planted a flag on it:

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Kerbal Space Jam
Is there such a thing as too too far? We can always go too farther!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Kerbal Space Jam
LosDelMango 19 hours ago
PUT THE HOOP AT THE SPACE CENTER.
DO A DUNK FROM ORBIT.
That needs to be done.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kerbal Space Jam
LosDelMango 19 hours ago
PUT THE HOOP AT THE SPACE CENTER.
DO A DUNK FROM ORBIT.
That needs to be done.
Scott Manley dropped a tungsten rod from orbit and hit the VAB without further adjustment.  I'm still trying to figure out how.  Hitting the hoop with a giant ball would be easy!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

Scott Manley is KSP god.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Math. It is evil and awe-inspiring

From what I can tell that rod had very little drag, and thus deviated not mutch at all...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 848