Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448729 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

LoSboccacc, that's not even asparagus, and the staging thing says you have more than double the amount of engines I can see. I can see a 1+6+6 mainsail, which you see on Stage 3, but what about the 4x6 engines on Stage 1?

Also, how do your launches go? How much power do you give it, and so forth? Or does mechjeb super optimise that for you? I need to use asparagus 1+6+6+6, to get stuff to the moon, and in the end I still have to use some nuclear engines after I've gotten rid of all the mainsails.

I also have some fairly big problems not getting my connectors to go all wobbly. I use docking ports and stack separators like you, and if pushed too hard they just cave in on themselves. I end up setting up a squid tentacle like system... Like this.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

I use an asparagus 1+2+2 and I get to orbit just fine. Then the payload can get to the mun and back. (without landing though)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

My asparagus launcher has 1+2+2+2 mainsails on the bottom, before 7 nukes connected to a jumbo tank, then a single nuke connected to two 1m tanks, and then finally my lander. This got a 30ton rover to Bop

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:36:18 am by Japa »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, I have to say, despite the fact that they don't have any facial hair, kerbals are surprisingly dorfy.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

LoSboccacc, that's not even asparagus, and the staging thing says you have more than double the amount of engines I can see.

Yes it is. It is heavily staggered so outher layers don't come crashing when separated at a low angle.

The additional engines that shows up are the separatron for the middle layer of rockets.

I fire and forget it with mechjeb, but it works well on manual control, I am just cutting corners as launching gets boring after a while

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am just cutting corners as launching gets boring after a while

I never thought I'd agree with a statement that included Rocket launches and boring in it. But yes, it does tend to get repetitive.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Maybe I'm weird, but using Mechjeb always bugs me. I hate not having control over the flight.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

It even looks like he has derp eyes.

Though, how exactly do kinship and surnames work in Kerbal society? By 'common' human standard, we could see every kerbonaut as brothers, but doesn't seem likely. Maybe it works like old Italian names (Or at least how I think they work?), with town of origin being part of the name? Are all the Kerbals from the City of Kerman?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

This is what happens when you let fabulous viking Kerbals onto spaceships.
They sit around and laugh maniacally. Harmless really.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the wasp overlord is anything but harmless

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Though, how exactly do kinship and surnames work in Kerbal society? By 'common' human standard, we could see every kerbonaut as brothers, but doesn't seem likely.

It is likely.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Ummmmm..... Wrong thread?
I was wondering what kind of patch I missed.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ummmmm..... Wrong thread?
I was wondering what kind of patch I missed.

the descan patch. DOES DESCAN EVEN FREQUENT THIS THREAD

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I got my first circular orbit.
HELL FUCKING YES.

It's at 85km above Kerbin, and great god did I go trough hell to make it work. Maybe the rocket I'm using is inefficient, but it works after I strut it up a LOT. It still sways in all directions when using the bottom mainsail stage, but at least the top doesn't almost break off because it sways in different directions. I have a center mainsail that EXPLODES when I loosen the others, BUT I FUCKING DID IT.

E: And now I have used my newly-aquired skills to set up a Kethane detector on polar orbit :v
I probably won't use it for a long time, but woo, usefull sattelites.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:10:23 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 848