Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448193 times)

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

I have begun a new rescue lander pileup on the Mun. This is going to be fun to try and fix.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olcAaDskOLQ

This guy is hilarious!
If only I could get video for my KSP LP...then I could maybe make something that funny instead of as funny as I made it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Munar Return Cannon (way to get to the Mun not included)

Can we make this practical less impractical, perhaps so much so that they can be used to propel (small) packages from the Kerbin surface?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Can we make this practical less impractical, perhaps so much so that they can be used to propel (small) packages from the Kerbin surface?
Very dwarfy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very dwarfy.
One cannot help but wonder how he got that to the Mün.
One is certain that it involved hax.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Speaking of the Mun, I have claimed it in the name of facepunching the solar system. Minmus and Mun down. Heavier rocketry purchased. It's time to facepunch other worlds.
Spoiler: Mun! (click to show/hide)

Also, I have enough science to purchase one more thing. What should I get, oh sage ones?
Spoiler: Tech tree (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I finally designed my first rocket capable of putting an entire orange tank into orbit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All it takes is a first stage with 7 oranges and 6 rockomax 8's, one mainsail and 6 skippers, then a second stage with 2 oranges a rockomax 8 and a mainsail, and a shitload of struts so the first stage doesnt push right through the second at around the point where it reaches 150-200 meters per second.
Gravity turn 40 degrees at 10 km shortly before first stage seperation, being VERY careful to not make the rocket unstable for ejection of the second stage, which lacks enough RCS to recover from a severe tumble, then when apoapsis hits 45 kilometers apoapsis reduce thrust to bare minimum needed to maintain it, wait untill rocket catches up with apoapsis, tilt full 90 degrees and burn whats left of the second stage, should achieve a 200 kilometer apoapsis and 60 kilometer peripapsis. (or a circular orbit if i'm more careful).
Edit:
I need to put more solar panels on my probes, there isn't enough energy to power the reaction wheel, so battery stays at empty and i can't restart the engines.
Edit 2: Nope actually, that small panel supplier 45 power a minute and my reaction wheel and probe core only require 20.8 per minute, I wonder why the battery isn't recharging.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:30:55 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

This series has just made my day, it's hilarious! :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I'm starting to think that I've figured out this probe thing. Pictured: A pretty close flyby of the Sun.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm starting to think that I've figured out this probe thing. Pictured: A pretty close flyby of the Sun.
Well i hope it was a one way trip...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

When in doubt get science.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

So I threw Jeb up into orbit in the "Attache I" to prepare for our first docking maneuver (mandated by Mission Controller)

The mission is simple: Dock two spacecraft together and then land. So I went and made a pretty minimalist dock/return capsule that could easily fit in a halfsize Rockomax tank.

Got Jeb into orbit, know what I forgot? RCS thrusters.

No docking for Jeb today :P

FAKEEDIT: Just realized I could have launched another craft with RCS up anyway and used *its* RCS to dock, but too late now.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

This series has just made my day, it's hilarious! :D

I've watched this man's videos for a couple of months, and they are indeed hilarious.

In other news, I messed with the firespitter mod today. I feel like it's a WW2 era version of B9, and it's just as sexy.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:46:44 pm by IronTomato »
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 848