Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448262 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

It's not .24. It's a special patch numbered .23.10...
It's in experimentals...
Guys, the average time between experimentals and a KSP release is 9 days.
It's almost here. :D
Whoo.
Is that mean or median?

Mean, or at least it was before 0.23 came out. I think 0.23 was 10 days.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Netcraft confirms it's out today?

Jk

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

About to restart career mode with a buttload of mods that probably won't mesh well together;
Ferram aerospace;
Deadly reentry;
Remote Tech;
Kethane;
Kerbal attachment system;
Infernal robotics;
And finally;
Mechjeb.
Note I have never used any of these, in fact haven't installed any addons except for parts.
Kodspeed my poor doomed kerbals.

EDIT; And Tubes if if it's compatible, Kethane needed a bit of patching to support career mode, the rest seem to be integrated into the tech tree
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:20:24 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mechjeb and remotetech cause some control issues on probes for me

Note that I didn't try most recent version

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

About to restart career mode with a buttload of mods that probably won't mesh well together;
Ferram aerospace;
Deadly reentry;
Remote Tech;
Kethane;
Kerbal attachment system;
Infernal robotics;
And finally;
Mechjeb.
Note I have never used any of these, in fact haven't installed any addons except for parts.
Kodspeed my poor doomed kerbals.
Scott Manley uses all of these mods and a few others besides. I don't think that you have much to worry about.

On the subject of mods, is it possible to have a mod applied to one save but not the others?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

On the subject of mods, is it possible to have a mod applied to one save but not the others?
...yes? But it would require you to move the mods in and out as needed when loading the different saves.

Easier to just copy the KSP folder to a new location and run different builds in different folders.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note that I didn't try most recent version

There's your problem. Seriously, why would you expect mods to work unupdated?

Same goes for kethane, which is integrated with career.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I can't restart my career every time something gets a breaking update.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Well I can't restart my career every time something gets a breaking update.
You can usually update mods on an existing save. Sometimes it causes issues but generally it works fine.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Copy save and mods. Update mods. Play backup save. Does this break your save? Then revert.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

...yes? But it would require you to move the mods in and out as needed when loading the different saves.

Easier to just copy the KSP folder to a new location and run different builds in different folders.
(The reason I was asking was because I knew it was possible with some games. For instance, Dwarf Fortress, which is the only game I've used extensive mods for.)

Noted.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In DF that's kinda true but not really. DF itself is so tiny you just make separate folders for each mod. Most mods require a new world anyway. KSP treats mods very differently.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile

It would be nice if they had a launcher system similar to CK2. Just check the mods you want to be active during that play session and uncheck them if you don't like them.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

It would be nice if they had a launcher system similar to CK2. Just check the mods you want to be active during that play session and uncheck them if you don't like them.

I believe they said that they were working on a mod manager at some point. Not sure how that turned out.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd rather see official mod managers at release, not now. Mods work, so it's not vital.
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 848