Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443859 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Might be a good place to put a couple of Asas or something, because that thing's probably all kinds of unstable.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

A Bird of Prey? :P

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Recently, I have deduced the reason behind the uniformity of the Kerbal race. It is due to the actions of a sinister racial-purity paramilitary organization:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's racist. :C
How so? I merely deduced that one of the possible reasons behind the racial uniformity of the Kerbals is an organization deliberately purifying them. And what other racial-purity organization is symbolized by the letter K?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sad day. I left my drills and smelter running on Minmus and now the craft refuses to load. Trying to shut things off in the save file, but it might actually be KAS causing the problem. I may have to rethink the base. I have the three separate craft in a backup save.

It's worse than I thought. All craft loading crashes KSP.

It turns out it's mechjeb 253. Best to stick to 250.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:01:47 am by BigD145 »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Voice Commander and MechJeb 255 work fine together. Scream at your ship and it will actually follow your orders. You can also use voice command without mechjeb, it just won't do as much.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recently posted a huge mod thread.

I found one mod released just recently that looks especially good:

Asteroid Cities adds resources to asteroids. Finally, we can do proper space mining.
Oooh, Asteroid Cities might actually encourage me to download lifesupport mods. How do the oxygen and air work in this Asteroid mod?

The asteroid is full of water.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

------
I'm all set to catch this asteroid. It's coming in three days. I got my orbit in the correct inclination. Time to think about that burn.....shit. The asteroid is coming in the wrong direction. Why are you coming in clockwise?!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:21:22 pm by BigD145 »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I presume it's water ice in the core of the asteroid. You can use Asteroid cities by itself, in which case Kerbals don't actually consume the life support resources but you can still mine ice and refine fuel. If Kethane is installed, you can use that instead if you're willing to tweak the mod.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, it's just water. Users want ice because it makes sense, but it's currently water.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

No, it's just water. Users want ice because it makes sense, but it's currently water.
Getting water out of it would make just as much sense, as the extraction technique would likely involve heating the material until you freed the water vapor from it. Or better yet, harvesting ice-containing regolith, which would then be processed.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mod is skipping a step so it doesn't have to make yet another resource, most likely.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Because it's really not needed to be included. Especially since one of the simpler water-extraction methods leaves it no longer icy.

On the subject of life support mods...is it possible, with TAC Life Support, to make your own food in space with hydroponics or something, or are fully self-sustaining space stations/colonies/etc impossible?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Because it's really not needed to be included. Especially since one of the simpler water-extraction methods leaves it no longer icy.

On the subject of life support mods...is it possible, with TAC Life Support, to make your own food in space with hydroponics or something, or are fully self-sustaining space stations/colonies/etc impossible?
If it is possible, I haven't come across it yet. So probably not.

However, a quick googling seems to turn up this mod: http://kerbalspaceport.com/renewable-bio-fuel-modules/
Which introduces on-orbit fuel production and food production. Though it sounds like people are griping in the comments about how slow the fuel production is.
Which is broken in the current version and seems to have a crap rating anyway...

It does, however, seem to be a planned feature: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/40667-0-23-WIP-TAC-Life-Support-0-8-22Dec?p=872071&viewfull=1#post872071
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:46:37 pm by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 848