Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448655 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

that's the server : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150285.0

currently running "unmodded" 1.0.2 campaign (you can still use non part mods, like mechjeb and engineering for all)

this evening I'll collect the mods poll results and prepare a ckan configuration for it

I was thinking on a big inauguration event with the launch of the first kerbin science station - I don't know how many unlocked docking parts but it should be easy enough for all to get on board and get some science while doing it!
WAIT WHAT
KSP HAS MP?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that's the server : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150285.0

currently running "unmodded" 1.0.2 campaign (you can still use non part mods, like mechjeb and engineering for all)

this evening I'll collect the mods poll results and prepare a ckan configuration for it

I was thinking on a big inauguration event with the launch of the first kerbin science station - I don't know how many unlocked docking parts but it should be easy enough for all to get on board and get some science while doing it!
WAIT WHAT
KSP HAS MP?

Kinda. Officially, sometime in the future. For now, mod.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

yes and you are welcome! hop in and get some science so you can come and join the bay 12 only bar orbiting an alien planet!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I made another LF-only SSTO spaceplane! It can now dock and deliver small cargo! :D

Well, my attempt at the design didn't work, but you have to admit it looks pretty badass.

Spoiler: Big Bird (click to show/hide)

Despite having more engine power than the plane designed by an actual engineer, this design barely clears 800m/s by the time it runs out of breath, and three Nerva's have basically no affect on its velocity.  The obvious problem is that it's way too damn heavy with a lot of extraneous parts.  I've been playing version 1.0 for about three hours, so I don't have a good handle on the new physics yet.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

but you have to admit it looks pretty badass.

NEVER! :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recently designed a plane, shame I didn't grab a screenshot. It's not spaceplane. I think I should name it the Firebird since throttling up over 25% makes it glow a fiery red... from air friction. Actually, going too fast rips off the wings... but it can still fly. ...Until the air intakes explode from the heat.

I am amazed that spaceplanes are apparently a whole lot cheaper than vertical rockets.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Finally KIS is in a stable enough state to use!

Is Infernal Robotics up yet?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IR was up a week plus ago.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I just put my first probe in orbit around the Mun. And then almost put a probe in orbit around Minmus, but I derped and left SAS on as I time warped to the point where I was going to do a retrograde burn at periapsis and put it in a nice tight orbit, on the dark side of Minmus. Ran out of battery. >_<

So it sailed on by and back out into a very large orbit. I'll have to wait a month or two for the lone solar panel to be pointed in the right direction enough to start recharging the battery. Good thing is that the orbit is in roughly the same plane as Minmus and only slightly smaller. And being a tiny probe, it still has a shit-ton of delta-V left. Once I have juice to communicate again, I can rendezvous it again.

Now to start figuring out the nightmarish logistics of actually landing a kerbonaut on the Mun and getting him home again.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More solar panels on more sides. Also batteries.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Also probes take charge over time no matter what. Leaving SAS on while warping doesn't drain the battery, its simply having a probe core that does it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I just started a new game with the KAS 0.90 thingie yesterday, is it safe to use this new version?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 848