Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 931865 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6270 on: November 29, 2015, 09:12:38 pm »

Speaking of Metro 2033 (and I came here to write this not knowing it had just came up for discussion!!!), I've been playing it thanks to the Steam sale.

Big wish: A Metro Action-RPG. I don't mind a bit of linearity, but give me some hubs to return to. Let me live in a station and collect crap for my room. Give the NPCs there new dialogue as I progress in the story. Etc.
So STALKER in the Metros? Wouldn't mind seeing that at all.
Especially if you play as some kind of Ranger/super-natural detective that has to document all the screwed up anomalies going on.

Would still prefer STALKER 2 though.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: November 29, 2015, 09:18:45 pm »

I'd Like to see Either A New Balder's gate game, Preferably made for PC With Modding Support and A Combination of First Person & Topdown perspective.
OR A Game like: NOX-2 With The same Features as the above.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6272 on: December 01, 2015, 02:31:15 pm »

Having played a couple "Board Game Gone Digital" games, there are some that no longer really exist anymore that demands a digital/arcade upgrade, and might actually translate very well.

Anyone remember Crossfire (Caution: Very 90s)? I have, and it was fun. Now digitze it as a local/online 1-8 player game (controls are kinda like Bust-A-Move (gun rotates, but doesn't move) and breakout (defending your puck, while trying to score points), except like a machine gun), add danmaku-game style upgrades/powerups to your gun, change the arena style and shape (3-player triangle, classic 2-player octagon, etc., even custom arenas; gravity-well (bends shots) or black hole (center-field is death, and also a gravity-well); creeps that can damage your puck(s) HP, or push them towards the goal (or player-assigned creeps)), and retain the core rules or house rules of Crossfire (player is the puck and the gun/goal) or classic "Air Hockey" style rules (sink the puck(s) to score); even change the friction of the game board (standard for classic board game and Space for 0-friction games). More players, more sides to the arena, with the option of "Same Side, Same Team" seeing as scoring a goal would be difficult to near-impossible to do; unless you can pinball the puck into the neighboring goal.

And of course, we can always have Classic Crossfire style, or Geometry Wars style graphics for the game.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:33:47 am by Itnetlolor »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: December 01, 2015, 03:26:31 pm »

warhammer 40k conversion for space station 13

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: December 01, 2015, 04:36:03 pm »

Exists, from what I remember.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: December 01, 2015, 08:28:43 pm »

I'd Like to see Either A New Balder's gate game, Preferably made for PC With Modding Support and A Combination of First Person & Topdown perspective.
OR A Game like: NOX-2 With The same Features as the above.

Related: I'd like to see Balder's Gate remade with the interface from Temple of Elemental Evil
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: December 01, 2015, 08:30:17 pm »

I'd like to see a game in which one gets to slap people who spell things wrong with a wet fish.
It's spelled Baldur's Gate, guys.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: December 02, 2015, 12:13:16 pm »

I want a mostly economy driven RTS in an open world (infinite world, probably). Something like a cross between Warcraft3, Settlers and Factorio. But resources last for much longer, if they run out at all. So basically anything you build is self sustaining, no need to go back every time a gold mine runs out.

Could have some sort of fast travel if there's the infrastructure built across towns. As the map expands, there's a chance that the game will generate competing factions. Or just small independent villages to integrate or plunder.

Single player, not MMO.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: December 02, 2015, 12:17:01 pm »

I want some fork of OpenTTD which actually has more meaningful interaction between players so that it would actually be difficult instead of a relaxing empire-building game.
Not Simutrans. Simutrans seems to be balanced around being hard for a single player, and all the descriptions i've read make it sound like really not my kind of game.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: December 02, 2015, 02:48:21 pm »

A D&D computer game set in the outer plane of Limbo with fully realized/implemented shifting landscapes and 3d combat
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: December 02, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »

A game where you wander in a desert until you die of thirst
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: December 02, 2015, 06:19:57 pm »

That's pretty much any survival game with deserts and thirst.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: December 02, 2015, 06:52:26 pm »

I want a mostly economy driven RTS in an open world (infinite world, probably). Something like a cross between Warcraft3, Settlers and Factorio. But resources last for much longer, if they run out at all. So basically anything you build is self sustaining, no need to go back every time a gold mine runs out.

Could have some sort of fast travel if there's the infrastructure built across towns. As the map expands, there's a chance that the game will generate competing factions. Or just small independent villages to integrate or plunder.

Single player, not MMO.

Wurm Unlimited? Not 100% sure about everything you're asking for, though. I don't think any kind of fast travel exists.

Been meaning to try it out myself.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: December 02, 2015, 07:13:49 pm »

Hardcore mode of Fallout: New Vegas
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6284 on: December 02, 2015, 08:15:08 pm »

Hardcore mode of Fallout: New Vegas
Not enough desert, honestly.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 577