Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926897 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2011, 06:38:22 pm »

I personally want a detailed nation running game. Choose what government and economic forms you want to use, like communism or democracy. And then having to deal with other countries while trying to keep your people happy.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2011, 06:43:26 pm »

An RTS that can have as much or as little micromanagement as you want, and for both to be viable strategies.

For example, you could anything from entire armies to just one guy, even where that one guy shoots, and everything in between.
I don't care what setting it is, but it'd be cool if you could set what it is when you start a new singleplayer game, you choose what era, maybe a medieval one, a modern one and a futuristic 'IN SPAAAACE" one. It'd be super special awesome if instead of eras you chose what year it takes place in. Of course, if you start in the medieval era you could go all the way to the futuristic era, completely seamlessly. Bonus points if you're blasting off and colonizing planets when everyone else is still discovering steel.
For super awesome mega ultra bonus points, there could be a preset human race, and a player set number of procedurally generated armies each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
This would be the best game ever, in my opinion.

The singleplayer campaign would not be unlike Medieval 2: Total War in how it's played, but instead of inciting battles with other pieces, you can just scroll down to your army and see them marching closer to the enemy. While being completely seamless.

Don't care much for graphics, but I would prefer it not to be in ASCII. Something like Medieval: Total War (the first game) would be perfect.

Now if humanity could just invent a computer to run it...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:46:00 pm by NewsMuffin »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2011, 07:20:28 pm »

A game (preferably JRPG, but any genre will do) where you play the bad guy, that isn't played for laughs.  A well thought out character, with motivations that are reasonable from their own perspective, but who is objectively the bad guy.  I want to destroy the world (or be thwarted in the attempt) for reasons that make sense.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2011, 07:23:36 pm »

A game (preferably JRPG, but any genre will do) where you play the bad guy, that isn't played for laughs.  A well thought out character, with motivations that are reasonable from their own perspective, but who is objectively the bad guy.  I want to destroy the world (or be thwarted in the attempt) for reasons that make sense.

So I guess Overlord is out of the question.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »

Despite Overlord being a really fun game, in my opinion.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2011, 07:31:04 pm »

Don't really see how a game like that could work.

Nobody really sees themselves as the bad guy. It's very hard to go down the "evil" route without being comical.
Sure you can have games where the main charactor thinks he's doing the right thing and cocks everything up but if you think about it that's usually the Big Bad Boss' view point on his/her actions.

Just think the next time you're running through a 'bold camp slaying tons of those furry bastards so you can shake down their corpses for some coins. Maybe you're the bad guy, releasing destruction onto a race for your own benefit.

Also, Destroying the world for reasons that make sense? Since when has destroying the world ever been justifiable?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2011, 07:32:59 pm »

I personally want a detailed nation running game. Choose what government and economic forms you want to use, like communism or democracy. And then having to deal with other countries while trying to keep your people happy.
THIS. I've been slowly trying to learn programming so I can make this.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2011, 07:34:00 pm »

All the Trimmings such as

Character pictures inside chat bars, character selection screen, and characters on screen.
Generally, you'd have to code that stuff in by yourself, although it's very possible to do so.

See... despite all of these practically being staples (at least the other two are) many RPGmakers don't have that.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2011, 07:36:12 pm »

Despite Overlord being a really fun game, in my opinion.

There's always Shadow the Hedgehog, which was a pretty terrible game IMO but I played it when I was a bit younger. Ultimately the real ending is "good", but the evil paths you can go down consist of doing genuinely evil things and having a somewhat childhood-jarring ending consisting of the bad guy winning. That bad guy is YOU.

Man I used to be such a Sonic fanboy. Genesis was my first game system. Does what Nintendon't, etc.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2011, 07:38:05 pm »

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is exactly what you want Lordcooper.

Just ignore the sequels after the second.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:43:51 pm by Neonivek »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2011, 07:47:24 pm »

Don't really see how a game like that could work.

Nobody really sees themselves as the bad guy. It's very hard to go down the "evil" route without being comical.
Sure you can have games where the main charactor thinks he's doing the right thing and cocks everything up but if you think about it that's usually the Big Bad Boss' view point on his/her actions.

Just think the next time you're running through a 'bold camp slaying tons of those furry bastards so you can shake down their corpses for some coins. Maybe you're the bad guy, releasing destruction onto a race for your own benefit.

Also, Destroying the world for reasons that make sense? Since when has destroying the world ever been justifiable?

The main character doesn't need to see themselves as evil, but must be viewed as such by most others in the world.  Hmm, I think a perfect example would be if FF7 was remade from the perspective of Sephiroth.  After playing the spinoffs and reading up as much as possible, I can really empathise with that guy.  He'd been manipulated, lied to and used in so many ways that he just kinda snapped when he realized the truth.  That's what I really want.  A gradual, justified descent into evil.  Convince me and my character that this world deserves to be destroyed/enslaved/whatever, and preferably make me lose right at the end.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is exactly what you want Lordcooper.

Just ignore the sequels after the second.

Thanks, I'll look into them :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2011, 07:51:34 pm »

Dang it Lordcooper Get Blood Omen Legacy of Cain NOW!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2011, 08:12:07 pm »

I wished there was a prehistoric survival game where you can be a caveman and hunt dinosaurs and such in an open-world

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2011, 08:30:34 pm »

I wished there was a prehistoric survival game where you can be a caveman and hunt dinosaurs and such in an open-world
Im going to have to be the jackass who say's "Hurr durr, no dinosaurs in cavemen times."
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2011, 08:56:19 pm »

An MMORPG thats also a player political intrigue simulator. With a constantly changing world full of the razing and settling of cities.

Basically Guilds taken to a very extreme extent.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 577