Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929379 times)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2011, 12:04:07 am »

Be Toady one V2.0
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2011, 11:25:14 am »

A 16-32 multiplayer game where one is god, and then everybody else are puny humen and animals, then the god guy just causes all kinds of shit to happen and the other players try and survive it.
The god would have three stages, one where its just primitive stuff such as wind and small fires, with no restrictions at all, then a stage where he get all kinds of crazy powers, mana based though, (he can make minions as permanent powers though) then after 1˝ hour of gameplay he reaches a stage where he can do anything with no restricitons at all, and it would either end up with all speices exterminated and the round thus ending or few flee to other planets and the god has to chase them through a small galaxy.

Would be so fun. Generally more inbalanced games of rage and IRL death threats.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2011, 02:22:41 pm »

Working off DrPoo's (seriously?) idea, how about a FPS/RTS?  32+ FPS players versus 1 player who can control their units RTS style.  It'd be interesting to see how games pan out.  I think the FPS players would have the advantage in single unit engagements, but the RTS player would be able to use far more coherent strategies against their opponents.

Currently he has stated that releasing the source code is in his will, with the condition that his death isn't suspicious (IE murdering him for the code)

Any chance of  a link?  Searching for 'Toady' and 'will' comes up with around 3 gazillion results.  Also, NOBODY KILL TOADY!!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:25:53 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2011, 03:01:57 pm »

Will's aren't usually kept in the public record, but if they were, you'd be better off looking for Tarn Adams.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2011, 04:11:48 pm »

Heh, not to the actual will, just to where he stated that.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2011, 04:18:30 pm »

Working off DrPoo's (seriously?) idea, how about a FPS/RTS?  32+ FPS players versus 1 player who can control their units RTS style.  It'd be interesting to see how games pan out.  I think the FPS players would have the advantage in single unit engagements, but the RTS player would be able to use far more coherent strategies against their opponents.

Sorta already exists: Zombiemaster mod for hl2. although its not geared towards that many people at once.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2011, 05:11:38 pm »

A complete(aka perfect) DF in my lifetime

Considering Toady seems to be twice the median age around here, I think we can all rest assured that if DF isn't completed in our lifetimes, it will never be completed at all.

I seriously hope Toady's got a backup plan for DF in case of his untimely demise. GPL release, alternative dev(team), anything. As long as it won't die off with him.
Currently he has stated that releasing the source code is in his will, with the condition that his death isn't suspicious (IE murdering him for the code)
If anyone was willing to murder him for the code, couldn't they just break into his house and steal his harddrive?

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2011, 06:52:59 pm »

A game like Hammerfight

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Where the game essentially revolves around how the player uses the world's physics to destroy his opponents
(most of which involve manually swinging massive boulders linked to iron chains at the enemy)

There was also a flash version of this game (don't remember the name), but the graphics were meh and the controls were horrible.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2011, 10:44:57 pm »

A game like spore, but to the next level. Technology has to be developed by the player using the laws of physics, creatures that actually evolve instead of being picked from a predetermined list, that sort of thing. Of course, this kind game would require months of game play to go anywhere, so it probably won't come to pass.

This sounds like what This is going for, actually.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2011, 10:50:34 pm »

A good space colonization game(Focused on space Colonization!) thats not a wargame or similar. Imagine Light of Altair but randomly generated surroundings.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2011, 10:53:20 pm »

A game like spore, but to the next level. Technology has to be developed by the player using the laws of physics, creatures that actually evolve instead of being picked from a predetermined list, that sort of thing. Of course, this kind game would require months of game play to go anywhere, so it probably won't come to pass.

This sounds like what This is going for, actually.

OH GOD, MY EYES.

WHAT IS THIS?  D:  IT LOOKS LIKE 1993! D:

dageek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2011, 11:15:17 pm »

Inception would make a trippy video game.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2011, 11:17:27 pm »

Inception would make a trippy video game.

For a movie about dreams it is really REALLY tame.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2011, 11:25:28 pm »

Dungeon Keeper 3 ::)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2011, 11:49:08 pm »