Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926727 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1170 on: July 17, 2012, 01:22:40 pm »

Morroblivion to some extent, you get morrowind and cyrodiil.

I also belive that Tamriel Rebuilt aims to at some point recreate all the tamrielic provinces, although progress is painstakingly slow.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 17, 2012, 02:17:47 pm »

An elder scrolls game where, other than Elder Scrolls Online, allows you to go ANYWHERE in Tamriel. You want to go to Elsweyr? Go right ahead! You want to run all the way from Morrowind to Valenwood? Go right ahead! You want to be someone that just wants to see what the other realms look like other than the one you are mainly stuck in? Go right ahead!

I thought about this one when I was trying to look for this mod in Oblivion that allows you to go to Elsweyr. For some reason, it was torn down. :(

It is possible, given how moddable Oblivion is.
There's no technical aspect to prevent it.
The problem is the human effort required.  That's a lot of time just to have what you already had before, but in one place, instead of e.g. just playing Skyrim instead.

Still, if you want it that bad, do it.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 17, 2012, 02:51:13 pm »

Yeah there was this http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/25023 it even had elephants and stuff, but it got taken down.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 17, 2012, 02:58:28 pm »

A nice nuclear post apocalyptic management game. After watching jericho the TV series, I really noticed that there isn't quite anything like such a thing. A town cut off from the rest of the world as resources die out, other towns started to gear up Mad Max warfare style, etc.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 17, 2012, 03:05:35 pm »

An elder scrolls game where, other than Elder Scrolls Online, allows you to go ANYWHERE in Tamriel. You want to go to Elsweyr? Go right ahead! You want to run all the way from Morrowind to Valenwood? Go right ahead! You want to be someone that just wants to see what the other realms look like other than the one you are mainly stuck in? Go right ahead!

I thought about this one when I was trying to look for this mod in Oblivion that allows you to go to Elsweyr. For some reason, it was torn down. :(

Arena >_>

What I would like is an RTS with a campaign where there is no "mission fail, try again?". Basically, you have to accept your losses. A kind of roguelike RTS.

(After playing Ace Combat 3, where there are 3 mission end scenarios, "Mission Accomplished" for passing, "Mission Over" for doing it wrong, but not dying/failing entirely, and "Mission failed" for... dying, I wanted a kind of RTS with that kind of structure >_>)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 17, 2012, 03:10:10 pm »

Perhaps, URR (Ultima Ratio Regum) is for you? It can be found in the same section as this.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 17, 2012, 03:13:44 pm »

Arena >_>

Arena? Daggerfall has the whole of Tamriel randomly generated. And even if Arena has the same, Daggerfall is so broken I don't even want to think about the wreck which Arena probably is.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 17, 2012, 03:21:20 pm »

What I would like is an RTS with a campaign where there is no "mission fail, try again?". Basically, you have to accept your losses. A kind of roguelike RTS.

Third time this has come up. :)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 17, 2012, 04:19:39 pm »

Total War?  Any Paradox grand strategy game?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 17, 2012, 05:07:24 pm »

A nice nuclear post apocalyptic management game. After watching jericho the TV series, I really noticed that there isn't quite anything like such a thing. A town cut off from the rest of the world as resources die out, other towns started to gear up Mad Max warfare style, etc.

>Suddenly interested in watching this series.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 17, 2012, 07:25:14 pm »

>Suddenly interested in watching this series.

It was way better than I had expected.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 17, 2012, 08:14:23 pm »

The Total War series is a good example of this. Screw up, and you can easily lose your faction leader, every one of his sons, and most of your army with no "oops, try again?" function. Nothing stopping you from save-scumming, though.

Also check out Mount&Blade. While named characters and your own cannot die, none of your other units, not even the elite ones you spent real-time hours training, are immune.

Finally, while it's turn-based rather than real-time, X-COM is legendary for the colossal screw-ups you can accomplish without any sort of retry button.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 17, 2012, 08:33:55 pm »

I'd also suggest the Total War games for what you described.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 17, 2012, 08:50:57 pm »

Total War?
The Total War series
Total War games

Have we mentioned Total War yet? :|
(Seriously, three of the last five posts)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 17, 2012, 08:54:49 pm »

What can I say?  I'm a trendsetter.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 577