Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929472 times)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1545 on: January 08, 2013, 01:01:56 pm »

That does sound cool.

The mechs should be customizable though.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: January 08, 2013, 01:04:40 pm »

That does sound cool.

The mechs should be customizable though.
Oh that is a Definately required feature :D

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: January 08, 2013, 01:08:14 pm »

When did this thread turn into "I want Everything: The Game"? Instead of coming up with feasible ideas for traveling indie devs, we're demanding the universe on a silver platter.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: January 08, 2013, 01:12:37 pm »

When did this thread turn into "I want Everything: The Game"? Instead of coming up with feasible ideas for traveling indie devs, we're demanding the universe on a silver platter.
Because this thread is for posting, essentially, a dream game.
An indie developer is never going to make something they didn't come up with anyway, it's not like the average person is struggling for inspiration.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: January 08, 2013, 01:19:15 pm »

I wish there was a game that allowed you to be the protagonist of a fantasy novel other then "kill the evil dark lord/demons/necromancer with an army of zombies/etc". It wouldn't have to take place in a fully simulated world, maybe just a fantasy city with the same level of detail as GTA IV. You would step off a ship with about 30 gold coins, clothes on your back, maybe a dagger or a lockpick, and whatever skills you chose beforehand (Classes should preferably be not there). From there on out, you have to carve your way to the top using any means you can. You can be a thief and rub shoulders with the criminal element, but you can also become a merchant and become a powerful element in the city by establishing your own trade connections, or hell, you could just backstab your way to power.

There would be a plot as well, but it would focus more on clashing kingdoms then anything, with the option to support one kingdom or backstab them all epically or just put yourself in a nice position, similar to New Vegas.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: January 08, 2013, 01:22:11 pm »

... Have you played Morrowind ever? :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 08, 2013, 01:24:08 pm »

Elder Scrolls never really hooked me, but I only played Skyrim and Oblivion...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: January 08, 2013, 01:27:30 pm »

I feel like Morrowind was superior to Oblivion and Skyrim in some rather significant ways, although graphically it loses out. Sadly, the NPCs and such aren't very mobile or manipulatable, but most of the stuff you described is possible. The merchant thing would be more difficult, because people won't try to buy things from you... But I suppose you could RP a travelling merchant. With all merchant skills and stuff, the travelling bit would be... Quite harrowing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 08, 2013, 01:31:19 pm »

Well, I'll have to check it out. I was just thinking of having a fantasy world that was really open and interesting.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 08, 2013, 02:26:00 pm »

Because this thread is for posting, essentially, a dream game.
An indie developer is never going to make something they didn't come up with anyway, it's not like the average person is struggling for inspiration.

Indie devs aren't exactly going to read this thread looking for ideas.  But people who read this thread (and happen to be indie developers) might see an idea that sets off a fireworkds display of inspiration.

Or it might be another thread.

I mean, hell, I ended up in the middle of a thread here on B12 that posed a hypothetical question--might even have been this thread--on an RTS where everything was procedurally generated.  Even the units.  And I set out to see if I could prove such a system viable (i.e. can one randomly generate RTS units).  Turns out you can.

Ended up making 2/3rds of a game prototype because of it.

Javier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: January 09, 2013, 08:43:39 am »

An in depth crime simulator where you control every part of your empire.

I like the 1920s around that time with prohibition was still around.

Something like gangsters organised crime but with a lot more depth to it, so for instance  you can buy off the chief of police of have some of your guys infiltrate the police force. And really just having a lot more to do I want something where I could have a empire spanning the world so at some point you could venture into other areas and start bringing coke or opium into America and making connections with other crime organisations.

One thing I really liked about organised crime is that every person had a life and a job in the city you played in and could be bribed,kidnapped or threatened.

Damn I really wish there was a proper crime sim.
Something like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g11yvNK7qhg#!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 09, 2013, 08:32:37 pm »

A crane simulator.
I don't really know why, but I feel it's a mundane job that has been absent from games since basically forever. HL2 had some sections where you control a crane, but it's hardly a full game. I want you having to load/unload ships or construction materials in a set time and with a certain margin of accuracy. If you do it too slow you incur a pay penalty, and also if you miss the positions too much.

I think I actually just got enthused over a crane simulator.
I keep seeing (mostly on the small rotary software-holding stand at one or other of the local electronics retailers priced at 10GBP or less, but they're probably also in the actual games stores as well) various 'practical' simulators for the armchair enthusiast.  Train simulators aplenty.  At least one farming machinery simulator (control tractos with ploughs, harrows, sprayers, etc, as well as combine, etc... I imagine from the cursory glances I've made).  The last one I looked at the package of was an "extraordinary load haulage simulator" (and I'm not talking "Big Mother Truckers"-type, although the one I looked at also promise "missions").  So if there's not one for cranes (or having a heavy amount of crane usage possible, perhaps, in the haulage one just mentioned) I'd be very much surprised.

edit: may have been ninjaed on this, because I didn't check any further forward...  But not being interested myself I didn't follow the links given.

Or, failing that, I think Rigs'n'Rods (or whatever it's called) has had the capabilities you're looking for.  Even if nobody else has made the necessary vehicle mods themselves (I bet they have) you could probably hack something up yourself. ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:39:30 pm by Starver »

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 09, 2013, 09:52:42 pm »

Playing the original X-Com just gave me an awesome idea- A co-op computer game where you control some organization/government with gameplay similar to X-Com, but much more in depth in various areas.  The basic premise would be, of course, to control an agency to do lots of awesome stuff, and most of the major gameplay would either TBS or RTS.  The twist would be that different sections of the agency, under the control of the different players, would be scored separately, and each section would have two roles.  The first role would be something combat related, such as ground combat, air combat, and naval combat.  The second role would be a secondary role, such as logistics, intelligence, and research.  The way it would be set up is that you have to all work together to beat the game, but you would also actively compete against each other. 
For example, Player 1 might be in charge of the air forces and logistics, Player 2 might be in charge of ground forces and research, and Player 3 would be in control of Naval forces and intelligence.  Player 1 would need to get the other players good weapons and armor and things, but he would try to keep as much of the good stuff for himself, while Player 2 would concentrate research on things like rifles and tanks, and Player 3 would concentrate on learning things about underwater minefield emplacements, or what the specifications of the enemy battleships are.  Then, when combat starts, each player will have to mutually support each other.  Player 2 would take out enemy SAMs and coastal guns, while Player 3 would bombard land positions and offer ESM support, and Player 1 would help take down enemy fortifications and armor.  Then, in the secondary roles, Player 1 would want to have his planes upgraded to have lasers, while Player 2 would want a new shipment of artillery.  Since neither player can get those things by themselves, they would need the other players to do those things for them.  But at the same time, if you help them too much, then you take away an edge your faction would need, and the other player might start getting more kills/points.  The game would be just as much about blowing up aliens/russians/koreans/nazis/demons as it would be about trading favors, backstabbing, and grand strategy. 

TL;DR/Didn't Understand- A co-op strategy game where each player is in charge of either logistics, research, intellegence, etc, and must limit how much they help other players, while getting other players to help them. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:05:31 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: January 09, 2013, 11:55:42 pm »

A giant mech game, with several gimmicks. A motion-tracking helmet with noise-cancelling stereo headphones and 3D screens on the inside would allow the player to actually look around inside the cockpit, while a special physical controller a la Steel Batallion allows for manipulation of the mech in-game. This will probably have to be specially placed in meatspace to match up with the world inside the helmet, so you don't reach for the virtual controls and grab nothing in the outside world. Sensor gloves allow you to see and use your hands inside the virtual world.

The game stays completely in-character, within reason. Cutscenes play out in real-time without interrupting gameplay. There are no mandatory tutorials or a traditional HUD, only the readings on your cockpit's displays. Completely optional "realistic" settings allow for deletion of save games after one death, or even disabling the pause menu. Your mech's crew members, once dead, are dead forever- you receive a randomly-generated replacement, and the original member's story arc is closed off.

TL;DR - Steel Batallion taken to its logical conclusion: an elaborate VR setup based on unique peripherals.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 09, 2013, 11:58:04 pm »

Sounds like it would do better as an arcade machine. Some of those things are pretty crazy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 577