Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926930 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1560 on: January 10, 2013, 06:38:04 am »

That would, like steel battalion, be one of those games that I want to play, but don't want to pay for.
Still, the technology for that is starting to come together.  So perphaps that will be possible within the next few years. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 10, 2013, 10:41:54 am »

Yeah. Like they said.
Doable, completely awesome, extremely expensive. I would love to play it, but it would be way out of my price range.

Whatever happened to those old VR Mechwarrior pods? I know there was a community updating the software.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 10, 2013, 11:40:56 am »

Playing the original X-Com just gave me an awesome idea- A co-op computer game where you control some organization/government with gameplay similar to X-Com, but much more in depth in various areas.  The basic premise would be, of course, to control an agency to do lots of awesome stuff, and most of the major gameplay would either TBS or RTS.  The twist would be that different sections of the agency, under the control of the different players, would be scored separately, and each section would have two roles.  The first role would be something combat related, such as ground combat, air combat, and naval combat.  The second role would be a secondary role, such as logistics, intelligence, and research.  The way it would be set up is that you have to all work together to beat the game, but you would also actively compete against each other. 
For example, Player 1 might be in charge of the air forces and logistics, Player 2 might be in charge of ground forces and research, and Player 3 would be in control of Naval forces and intelligence.  Player 1 would need to get the other players good weapons and armor and things, but he would try to keep as much of the good stuff for himself, while Player 2 would concentrate research on things like rifles and tanks, and Player 3 would concentrate on learning things about underwater minefield emplacements, or what the specifications of the enemy battleships are.  Then, when combat starts, each player will have to mutually support each other.  Player 2 would take out enemy SAMs and coastal guns, while Player 3 would bombard land positions and offer ESM support, and Player 1 would help take down enemy fortifications and armor.  Then, in the secondary roles, Player 1 would want to have his planes upgraded to have lasers, while Player 2 would want a new shipment of artillery.  Since neither player can get those things by themselves, they would need the other players to do those things for them.  But at the same time, if you help them too much, then you take away an edge your faction would need, and the other player might start getting more kills/points.  The game would be just as much about blowing up aliens/russians/koreans/nazis/demons as it would be about trading favors, backstabbing, and grand strategy. 

TL;DR/Didn't Understand- A co-op strategy game where each player is in charge of either logistics, research, intellegence, etc, and must limit how much they help other players, while getting other players to help them.

A game that I've done some design work on, was also based on X-Com. But I combined it with Stargate. X-Com engine used to do a Stargate game. It was turning into this very neat 4X sorta game. I got sorta stuck with how to do the science problems found in the star gate game. And Stargate Time Mgm. But yea. I wanted to do mutilayer base construction, with the depth mattering for certain equipment, and being able to splinter away from Earth itself. I also thought you could run space ship combat with similar engine for the tactical map.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 10, 2013, 11:50:04 am »

I just want the OASIS (Ontologically Anthropocentric Sensory Immersive Simulation), from Ready Player One.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 10, 2013, 03:42:33 pm »

These might not be considered "dream games" but I would make them if I could:
  • A First person shooter where you play a young British soldier in the First World War. No GUI, damage system similar to DF. Make as realistic as humanly possible. Ridiculously good graphics, every detail historically accurate. Campaign lasts the whole war, beginning to end. Establish early on that the enemy aren't monsters any more than the player is. Make the main character around 15 and market to the 13-15 age group. Laugh as millions of teenagers develop PTSD and their parents can't sue due to a disclaimer placed on the box where no one would notice.
  • [Cricket game. You play as one of two batters, a bowler, or one of the fieldsmen. Total freedom of movement. Players must abide by the actual rules of cricket: be a gentlemen and wasting time earns the opponent 5 points. Games can last forever. In online play, swearing is penalized.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 10, 2013, 04:19:11 pm »

There needs to be WW1 games.  Or any sort of shooter that is not modern/near future/future.  The only game that is not post 1939 that I can think of is Assassins Creed.  And that's alternate history with sufficiently advanced technology, so it doesn't count. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 10, 2013, 04:23:35 pm »

A giant mech game, with several gimmicks. A motion-tracking helmet with noise-cancelling stereo headphones and 3D screens on the inside would allow the player to actually look around inside the cockpit, while a special physical controller a la Steel Batallion allows for manipulation of the mech in-game. This will probably have to be specially placed in meatspace to match up with the world inside the helmet, so you don't reach for the virtual controls and grab nothing in the outside world. Sensor gloves allow you to see and use your hands inside the virtual world.

The game stays completely in-character, within reason. Cutscenes play out in real-time without interrupting gameplay. There are no mandatory tutorials or a traditional HUD, only the readings on your cockpit's displays. Completely optional "realistic" settings allow for deletion of save games after one death, or even disabling the pause menu. Your mech's crew members, once dead, are dead forever- you receive a randomly-generated replacement, and the original member's story arc is closed off.

TL;DR - Steel Batallion taken to its logical conclusion: an elaborate VR setup based on unique peripherals.
Mangasm

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 10, 2013, 04:42:05 pm »

An in-depth magic the gathering first person game with multiple randomly generated planes, creatures and preferably vr as far as possible. However! If toady ever gets to implementing planes, by then...  :o. We will have everything we need, aside from wizard of the coasts permission. Would we need it? I have a feeling that the answer is yes.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 10, 2013, 09:26:41 pm »

There needs to be WW1 games.  Or any sort of shooter that is not modern/near future/future.  The only game that is not post 1939 that I can think of is Assassins Creed.  And that's alternate history with sufficiently advanced technology, so it doesn't count.

I seem to recall spotting a FPS or TPS/strategy game civil war era-based game.  Forget the title though...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 10, 2013, 10:29:49 pm »

... We will have everything we need, aside from wizard of the coasts permission. Would we need it? I have a feeling that the answer is yes.

You'd only need permission if you were using Named Characters and Places, or taking plot arcs whole cloth. (such as Phyrexia, Dominaria, Yawgmoth, Urza, Invasion War, etc.)  The concept of plane hopping is way older than M:tG, as is all the high fantasy window dressing.  You could get 99% of what you want, as far as the game mechanics go, and not have to ask for permission for anything.  :)
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 10, 2013, 11:00:04 pm »

Yeah, US copyright law specifically forbids copywriting game mechanics.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 11, 2013, 02:32:25 am »

I want a GTA map with the game function being "Burn EVERYTHING you see" Simulator

Aka, Pyro Simulator 2013
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:37:49 am by Evilsx »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 11, 2013, 04:17:11 am »

A good TCG Videogame that I could play... right now...

-_-

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 11, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »

You're an idiot. No they dont. Game Mechanics are an issue of patents. And almost no one in the table top gaming industry files patents for their games. And the very very few that have, dont enforce them except one. And the only one company thats tried to did it half heartly, and therefore it doesnt matter. But according to Designers and Dragons they have gotten some royalty based on it.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 11, 2013, 06:21:29 pm »

You're an idiot.
Well, that was rather uncalled for.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 577