Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929260 times)

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2370 on: May 28, 2013, 12:10:31 pm »

Actually, I loved Dynasty Warriors, and making it combined with Mount and Blade would be fabulous! What it lacks, to be what of think of, is the 'overworld', or strategic map, and non-linearity. Also, the combat system is very, very different. The thing is, getting to create your own faction almost single-handedly, while starting off small (fighting little bandit groups and whatnot) and growing big (taking on whole companies of elite soldiers with a handful of followers), would give it a whole new feel. Conan the King, if you will. The way it is, it is just... German Dynasty in Middle Ages feel, if you now what I mean*.

*And if you don't - Germany was greatly divided at the time, with many, many landlords breaking away from their liege lords. It was possible to get your own petty dukedom in a lifetime or a few generations, starting from being an exceptional levy fighter. Like, you know, in M&B. :P
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: May 28, 2013, 12:28:33 pm »

One thing I would love to see is Mount and Blade style game with more (way more) powerful main hero, but with less army - management style. You now, like more standard RPG, with powerful main hero mowing down armies. Also, assembling a party instead of assembling an army would be nice feature (with changeable equipment for the party members, but with level - gaining similar in vein to that of M&B units).
It sounds like there could be a mod for something like that. ;)

So... basically just a traditional RPG?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: May 28, 2013, 01:06:16 pm »

It's called Diablo II. :P

Or Dungeon Siege 1/2, for "assembling a party" aspect.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: May 28, 2013, 01:31:39 pm »

I want a game with two modes. the first like star wars battlefront, where you are just a regular soldier, nothing special, the second is controlling everything like an rts and you can swap between modes mid battle. (but it kills your troop if you go to rts mode to make it fair)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: May 28, 2013, 01:53:28 pm »

I want a game with two modes. the first like star wars battlefront, where you are just a regular soldier, nothing special, the second is controlling everything like an rts and you can swap between modes mid battle. (but it kills your troop if you go to rts mode to make it fair)

Did you try Mount and Blade? It is quite a bit like that, except you control your forces AS a soldier. Then there are mods: one which allows you to become a regular soldier in a lord's army commonly bundled with another that gives you free view when you get knocked out, letting you control troops RTS-style, and another that makes you take control over a soldier of yours when your character is knocked out.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: May 28, 2013, 02:33:28 pm »

Did you try Mount and Blade? It is quite a bit like that, except you control your forces AS a soldier. Then there are mods: one which allows you to become a regular soldier in a lord's army commonly bundled with another that gives you free view when you get knocked out, letting you control troops RTS-style, and another that makes you take control over a soldier of yours when your character is knocked out.
yes i have played it. but only on a console.
but those mods do sound like what im looking for.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: May 28, 2013, 02:46:42 pm »

Mount and Blade didn't come out for consoles... are you sure you played it?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: May 28, 2013, 07:56:33 pm »

After playing Far Cry 3, I want to have some sort of multiplayer version of it.  Each side has a large number of outpost, a few secondary bases, and a primary base.  You could choose between either having to capture the primary  base or capturing all the bases.  The primary base would provide you with support abilities like artillery strikes, along with giving access to heavy vehicles (Gunships, tanks, gunboats).  The secondary bases would be alternate spawn points, and can provide light vehicles, along with a steady cash flow.  The outpost wouldn't provide anything, but they would provide strongpoints at key stategic locations, such as the top of a hill, near a major road, a river, and so on.  For this to work, you'd need several hundred players, fighting over several days.  You could choose to join a random game, or rejoin a previous one.  Along with this, you can choose to turn on automated guards, which would save people the tedium of guarding bases way behind enemy lines.  The HUD would be very limited, having only your health and ammo, and maybe not ever that.  You can buy objects such as a map, which you can put markers on, a radio, which will let you communicate with other players using your headset, and other things.  You can also upgrade your outpost, adding things such as alarms, turrets, fences, and other assorted goodies.  Each outpost would also have some bonus, kind of like in Company of heroes where each control point gives you gas and munitions.  One major thing keeps this from snowballing- The closer you get to the enemy base, the smaller his supply line is.  Instead of something needing to go all the way from one part of the map to another, he only has to go to the front gate.  In order to take the primary base, you'd have to launch a large, overwhelming attack to sweep aside the defenders before they can respawn.  If you fail, the enemy could easily launch a counterattack to retake the surrounding area and to regain momentum. 
In this game, there would be a wide room for strategy.  The simplest would be just a regular infantry attack, where you try to take out an enemy outpost.  Or you could launch an armored assault, with the enemy helpless unless they have AT weaponry.  Or you could take out the enemy with stealth, finding the people with radios, silencing them to prevent a cry for reinforcements.  Or you might launch a different assualt, dropping people from up high to paradrop behind enemy lines, securing a route for a tank column to launch a suprise assualt on the enemy base.  There would be ways to counter each strategy.  You could mine roads to take out a tank, halting the entire column.  ou could mantian radio discipline, calling in your status every so often.  When being hit by a conventional assault, you would have at least several minutes, during which someone with a radio could request reinforcements, such as a gunship from the primary base.  The only problem I can see would be getting people to patrol, which you could encourage by giving points for staying withing allied terratory for prolonged periods of time. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: May 29, 2013, 08:57:51 am »

I had a similiar idea for a Far Cry 3 multiplayer thing. I was thinking more along the lines of DayZ crossed with APB.

Basically, you are on the Rook Isles. You can choose several types of origin which gets you different weapon loadouts and such, like Pirate, Mercenary, Castaway, etc. You then get dumped on the islands. It operates on the same principle of "persistent world" as DayZ does, except each server is represented as an island and is randomly generated and scaled to the number of players, meaning a 200 player island would be huge and expansive, while a 20 player island would be pretty small and confined. I imagine the server selection screen would actually be a map of the Rook Isles. In the game itself, every player starts out on their own. However, they can join "teams" of people, who could pool together funds, build bases collaboratively (Did I mention you can build your own bases?), and such. They can also recognize people from their team.

Maybe when you become a large enough team, the gameplay kinda segues into your idea?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: May 29, 2013, 10:09:51 am »

Sounds like Planetside 2 with the added awesomeness of owning and building outposts.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: May 29, 2013, 11:32:24 am »

I'd like a ninja game. As in, actually sneaking around, not ninja gaiden 3.
Also make it so you can run around as a peasant, to scout out your target or just take in the beautiful surroundings. you would get most points, not by killing guards or fighting your way through, but by skillful hiding.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: May 29, 2013, 01:17:54 pm »

I'd like a ninja game. As in, actually sneaking around, not ninja gaiden 3.
Also make it so you can run around as a peasant, to scout out your target or just take in the beautiful surroundings. you would get most points, not by killing guards or fighting your way through, but by skillful hiding.

Tenchu has some aspects of that, but never quite went far enough with it. Was always fun trying to get through an entire level without killing anyone, though, and you could get a very good score doing that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: May 29, 2013, 01:27:16 pm »

Mount and Blade didn't come out for consoles... are you sure you played it?
WOOPS! got that confused with another game....
i dont own the game im thinking of i borrowed it from a friend, so ill get back to you on what game im thinking of when i see him tomorrow.

so no i havent played it.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: May 29, 2013, 02:19:48 pm »

One thing I would love to see is Mount and Blade style game with more (way more) powerful main hero, but with less army - management style. You now, like more standard RPG, with powerful main hero mowing down armies. Also, assembling a party instead of assembling an army would be nice feature (with changeable equipment for the party members, but with level - gaining similar in vein to that of M&B units).
It sounds like there could be a mod for something like that. ;)

So... basically just a traditional RPG?

You can say that. If traditional RPGs had an strategic 'overworld' and directional combat system. Especially this first thing is of great importance here, as furthest as RPGs go usually is to issue player a base of operations which can't be attacked. Or chosen, while we are at this. And it is singular, unlike villages in Mount and Blade. Capturing, building and defending your fief is great part of M&B, and being able to do this single-handedly, instead of with an army, would be the thing making it great. Not counting headshots with two-handed swords, of course.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: May 29, 2013, 02:27:40 pm »

RPG's have had overworlds for a long while, is what I'm saying. But base defense and territory wars and staking claims, not so much.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 577