Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929315 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2490 on: June 13, 2013, 08:10:10 am »

I want the upcoming Pokemon game to have some of the older pokemon before post-game. I'd like to see a mix of earlier gens with the new Pokemon, then post-game be able to grab everything.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: June 13, 2013, 02:33:23 pm »

I came up with a game design last night. It's called Locked In.

It's set in a mansion that is loaded with valuables. 8 Guests and two inspectors are locked in for a "night". The thieves have to steal a certain number of objects and hide them in their "cache" spot without being caught. However, there is a camera system that inspectors can tap into(but can also be temporarily disabled). Inspectors can work together and have a to way radio, so they can work together on foot or one in a video booth guiding the other, or both alone.
Thieves randomly leave evidence behind but can decrease the odds temporarily through mechanics like wearing gloves, however, gloves only last for 45 seconds and are then visible hanging out of their pocket for 1 minute(necessary mechanic for balance). There are a series of tools that can be used but there is always a counter balance. For example, a thief wears gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints but then an inspector sees them walking with gloves out of their pocket and follows them to their cache and busts them.

I've got a lengthy design document but I imagine it will take me years to balance everything better.
This, plus inspiration from the board game/movie Clue, made me comeup with another idea. The players are locked in a mansion by a mysterious host(who is also a player) who is blackmailing their characters, and has evidence of each character's past wrongdoings(each player chooses some crime or something in their past beforehand) hidden around the mansion. The host has also set it up that the police arrive in the event of their death. Should the host be murdered by one of the other players, a policeman(played by the same player who played the host) will arrive a short time later to investigate the murder, as well as look for the blackmail evidence to arrest the characters for that. Meanwhile, the other players will be looking for that evidence to either destroy it(in case its the evidence on them) or turn it over to the policeman, or otherwise scheming(with the possibility of murdering the others) against the other players.

Alternate gameplay would happen if, for example, someone murders the policeman - should be difficult, since they are armed, aware of a killer on the loose, and depending on how the host died(since its the same player), may know(at least OOC) who the killer is - then the last person alive is free to leave.

...It sounded a lot clearer in my head.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: June 13, 2013, 04:02:39 pm »

The board game is called Cluedo.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: June 13, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »

The board game is called Cluedo.

It's also called Clue, and El Misterio, Detetive, and Super Fun Mystery Game Happy Show.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: June 14, 2013, 12:43:46 am »

How about a game where you play as the boss?

You could choose a bunch of different "characters", You would have all the boss-related concepts, such as weak-points, bunch of different attacks and varying abilities that would be used to create play patterns (eg one boss could burrow underground, another fly etc). It would be the sort of game where one "playthrough" lasts like 10 or so minutes, and you would choose various scenario options such as enemy/hero strength/type/number, terrain type, AI intelligence (the heroes AI would have to be reasonably sophisticated overall to play the roll traditionally played by a human).

I feel like making this now. DAMN YOU TIME.

A game that is intentionally programmed with glitches. The glitches themselves, once found, give a very creepypasta-esque effect. If you've even heard of Lavender Town Syndrome, chances are you know what I mean.

The difference is though, these glitches are actually glitches, not completely intentional graphical effects as in some fan-made "hacks" of Pokemon games designed to resemble creepypasta. This game is more likely to be an accident than a response to any sort of demand, but I think it would still make a more exciting horror experience than the whole Slender game phenomenon (ZING!).

The game could not really be "actual glitches" (many glitches would end up outright hanging or crashing the game, which would not be alot of fun). But I also really want to see a game that both appears and functions more "corrupt" as you play through it. Corrupt some old NES roms, and that is what I want to see.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: June 14, 2013, 01:52:07 am »

An online game about professional wrestlers. Make your own wacky nickname, form rivalries with other players, work your shenanigans outside of the ring into a storyline with the execs. And above all else, beat the crap out of other players, knocking them into wrestler 2! The wrestler 1's corpse becomes lodged in the wrestler 2's head! around with a special move unique to your wrestler that grows in power and adds secondary effects as you level up.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: June 14, 2013, 02:14:17 am »

An online game about professional wrestlers. Make your own wacky nickname, form rivalries with other players, work your shenanigans outside of the ring into a storyline with the execs. And above all else, beat the crap out of other players, knocking them into wrestler 2! The wrestler 1's corpse becomes lodged in the wrestler 2's head! around with a special move unique to your wrestler that grows in power and adds secondary effects as you level up.

I haven't played it myself but I remember WWE '12 had the ability to create custom wrestlers, along with theme and custom move setups.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_'12
Here's the video I watched about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu3Hp7kebls (Probably contains some swearing and mentions of walruses)
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: June 14, 2013, 08:37:52 am »

Resident Evil: Outbreak, HD Remake.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: June 14, 2013, 09:01:07 am »

A game that is intentionally programmed with glitches. The glitches themselves, once found, give a very creepypasta-esque effect. If you've even heard of Lavender Town Syndrome, chances are you know what I mean.

The difference is though, these glitches are actually glitches, not completely intentional graphical effects as in some fan-made "hacks" of Pokemon games designed to resemble creepypasta. This game is more likely to be an accident than a response to any sort of demand, but I think it would still make a more exciting horror experience than the whole Slender game phenomenon (ZING!).

The game could not really be "actual glitches" (many glitches would end up outright hanging or crashing the game, which would not be alot of fun). But I also really want to see a game that both appears and functions more "corrupt" as you play through it. Corrupt some old NES roms, and that is what I want to see.
As someone who was accidentally given Pokemon: Missing No Edition. I support this idea.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: June 14, 2013, 10:48:46 am »

Constructively, you can always build intentional glitches then just fix the "instacrash" ones. Possibly include unused filler "creepy" images that can be referenced by a glitch.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: June 14, 2013, 11:44:33 am »

an space game with the same depth of both EVE Online, Planet Explorers, Shores of Hazeron and a bit of Dwarf Fortress i mean:

-player made races

-player made empires

-huge galaxy to explore with all planets, moons, ringworlds and gas giants explorable and with modificable terrain

-player made buildings, vehicles and weapons

-multiplayer gameplay

-deep crafting system with several tech lvls and resources

-flora and fauna that can be killed or domesticated for products or as mounts

-lava and water management

-weather and different biomes for each planet

-player build cities with politics and diplomacy

-players can asume the role of leaders or just citizens working for the empires

-NPC pirates and secret locations in space

-player built space structures with seamless docking.

-housing and comodities

-emphasis in survival (hunger system, air and that stuff)

-different ways to contribute to society, be it in research, industry, military, etcetera...

-NPC dangers for players and empires, like pirate invasions, spaceship pests inside the ship, virus, ancient NPCs that awaken, drones, and others..

-players can pilot ships of different sizes, bigger ships require entire crews to manage, and players can experience the interiors of their ships

-terraforming and hazards

-large scale combat in space and planets

-asteroid mining, gas harvesting from nebulae and space clouds

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:02:01 pm by xaritscin »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: June 15, 2013, 03:02:20 pm »

A MMO where

everything is player run, economy and everything is made by players where two main races are fighting over territory and dwindling resources while fighting internal infighting between guilds trying to acquire resources for the right against the horde mixing in a DF style damage system and good quality weapons being a rarity after such a long war and and massive amounts of resources being used and wasted on the long war with players fighting just to make a living - also permanent death and bringing in a more sandbox gameplay where doing dungeons and bringing back long forgotten weapons or magical tomes of great power could turn the tide of the war and see one race finally win and bring back some peace to the world ( and then once a race has won the war everything resets or transcends to where old enemy pop back up small fights here little loss of territory there before the horde come back in full force ( Maybe once a alliance has won recourses become less scarce giving the side to bring in more recourses and better ways to get them putting less strain before the beaten side returns for a second fight ) so after a while that losing race will get incorporated into the winners kingdom as second class citizens. But not for long players can form up and preform acts of sabotage, assassination and out right terrorism to bring back the fight and win back the honor their race lost.

As both sides fight and the industrial people mine, harvest and craft the world degrades mines dry up and species of plants die out as the war reaches a stalemate blacksmiths have to find new ways to recycle old and broken weapons pay millions for a single nugget of metal and naturalists buy land to try and bring in more food and cultivate valuable plants for medicine and poisons. Where soldiers steal weapons of fallen foes to try and fix their own weapons or make enough money to gather other equipment. There are no NPc's in the world and players are there on the frontlines and in the castles at high command as well. All inventions of new weapons or medicine come from players experimenting with something ?.

Players own housing, they need to eat, drink, keep them selfs occupied to stop war wariness, in this there are not just soldiers but craftsmen, kings, barons, spy's, farmers, alchemists, mages and other areas of work. As well as the fighting between the two races there is infighting for titles and land where the players to them are just walking money banks and disposable swords which will form their power and land. Death is permanent and every real year you play your character ages ( two,three,four )years ? Meaning the mad and power starving kings will not hold their titles for ever leading to young blood sitting at the seat of power.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: June 15, 2013, 03:14:09 pm »

A puzzle game / action game where you have various fire abilities, and the puzzles revolve around using fire in various ways. Additionally, with almost completely destructible surroundings, you can do things like burn down a house after luring tough enemies inside, set a bridge over a ravine on fire, burnt through walls to catch people by surprise, etc.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: June 15, 2013, 08:45:02 pm »

The way my game would work  you would either build your own base, or your team would make a base.  You would have a certain amount of money to do it with.  You have a certain amount of time to build it without interruption, and then the game starts.  You can either choose to continue to build, go on the offensive.  Objects you can use to build your base would be walls, shield doors, weapon spawns, towers, teleporters, defensive emplacements, vehicle spawns, or structures that give you support abilities.  Each map is divided into zones, each zone being selected at start as being your territory. You get a map, of which there are two types.  Balanced and unbalanced.  On a balanced map, each zone is more or less the same, with the same advantages and disadvantages.  The zones on an unbalanced map, however, would be wildly different, but you would get extra money/build options if you choose the less favorable zones.  For example, one zone could be set upon a hill near the edge of a map, out of the way of other players, with only one or two natural entrances.  However, you would get little money, only able to put the bare basics down, such as machine gun nest to cover the entrances and a small outpost to cover the necessities.  On the other hand, one zone would be in the middle of a map with no natural barriers, in a depression.  But at the same time you would get lots of money, enough to fully fortify, along with some sort of special support or vehilce.  The hardest part would be to balance this, because otherwise people will always try to pick one side of the scale, and whoever is on the other side will be hopelessly outmatched.  Once you do that, there are several ways I see the game being played-
Individual vs Team- If it was a free for all, then you would want to make it hard to get into your base, possibly by the use of some puzzle or secret entrance.  You would want to wait for the other players to get out of their base, and then try to sneak in.  Or you could blast your way through any defenders that are there.  If it is team based, then you would want some of your team to keep guard at all times, while the other team members go on the offensive.
Objective vs Kill count- If it is objective based, then there would be some object in the other player's bases that you would want to take or destroy.  This could be a flag, or a generator you need to destroy.  If it is based on kill count, then each base would provide vital support to each power, such as more powerful weapons and vehicles, or the ability to call in airstrikes or artillery.  You would raid bases to take these out, and defend your own to keep the same from happening to you.

This is based on when me and my friends from middle school would play Forge Mode on Halo, building our own bases and trying to kill each other at the same time.  I remember there was this one time I made a complicated teleporter network that you needed to go through to get to my base.  Which is where I kept all the awesome weapons.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: June 15, 2013, 11:25:22 pm »

-snip-

I remember this.

I always had the simple as all hell base loosely held together with spit 'n vinegar, with weapons and crap just sitting around all over the place. Bridge over a lower layer, that was it.

I died a lot in Halo 3, let alone during those matches.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 577