Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929300 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2670 on: July 15, 2013, 04:51:52 am »

An RPG-like game where you play as fire. You can extend yourself to surrounding tiles, at the expense of weakening the tiles you're extending from. Each tile has a set lifespan, so you have to expand towards flammable objects to keep the fire going, while not over-extending yourself. There's destructible terrain + gravity, not unlike Dwarf Fortress, and falling terrain can put out fires in a radius around the falling piece. I'm not really sure what the objective would be, but I think with some work this would be a pretty neat concept.
Objective would be consume everything. Thats how fires think right?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: July 15, 2013, 08:25:58 am »

An RPG-like game where you play as fire. You can extend yourself to surrounding tiles, at the expense of weakening the tiles you're extending from. Each tile has a set lifespan, so you have to expand towards flammable objects to keep the fire going, while not over-extending yourself. There's destructible terrain + gravity, not unlike Dwarf Fortress, and falling terrain can put out fires in a radius around the falling piece. I'm not really sure what the objective would be, but I think with some work this would be a pretty neat concept.
As a counterpoint, I'd like a tile-based TBS (think Advance Wars) where you fight fires. Your primary concerns would be containment and limiting the fire's spread, and like all TBSs everywhere you'd start small (little old lady set her toaster on fire! Go put it out!) and end big (fighting 1,000-acre forest fires).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: July 15, 2013, 08:30:24 am »

It remembers me a flash game, where there is a blue liquid, the creeper, which destroy everything on his path (like water). And you build turrets, and stuff to keep it out.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2673 on: July 15, 2013, 08:32:47 am »

It remembers me a flash game, where there is a blue liquid, the creeper, which destroy everything on his path (like water). And you build turrets, and stuff to keep it out.
LOVE THAT GAME.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: July 15, 2013, 11:15:15 am »

An RPG-like game where you play as fire. You can extend yourself to surrounding tiles, at the expense of weakening the tiles you're extending from.

LORD KANTI

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: July 15, 2013, 11:54:18 am »

A roguelike in the same vein as Infection where you play as a pathogen/virus/medical nanobot in a human (or not) body, and your goal is to...
I don't know. Infect the guy or protect him from being infected?

A bad mockup I made in REXPaint. I know there should be more to it, but it should give you an idea.

Includes "random" events such as a piece of food coming through if you're in the stomach and the like.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: July 15, 2013, 02:17:04 pm »

Antichamber physics combined with a FPS or a dungeon crawler.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: July 15, 2013, 06:15:23 pm »

Though, the original proposition was for a roguelike WWI game, not a shooter. I imagine roguelikes would be a good genre for the whole "Industrialized war, you are going to die most likely" atmosphere WWI had.
TBH, I would probably not play an urban/WWI roguelike as much as I would a fantasy/scifi one, just because it feels like, for the most part, there's not too much discovery with gameplay elements. A WWI game wouldn't tell a new story or create a new world for me to explore, it would just provide a different perspective on a story I've already heard.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2678 on: July 15, 2013, 06:43:34 pm »

Though, the original proposition was for a roguelike WWI game, not a shooter. I imagine roguelikes would be a good genre for the whole "Industrialized war, you are going to die most likely" atmosphere WWI had.
TBH, I would probably not play an urban/WWI roguelike as much as I would a fantasy/scifi one, just because it feels like, for the most part, there's not too much discovery with gameplay elements. A WWI game wouldn't tell a new story or create a new world for me to explore, it would just provide a different perspective on a story I've already heard.
What if it wasn't historical, but just a game with trench warfare in it? Minus the deadlock.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: July 15, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »

A MOBA mecha game.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2680 on: July 15, 2013, 08:33:05 pm »

A MOBA mecha game.
End of Nations might suit you. The (former?) members of Westwood are working on it, and they've even dragged Frank Klepacki along to make the soundtrack.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: July 15, 2013, 09:15:25 pm »

A MOBA mecha game.
End of Nations might suit you. The (former?) members of Westwood are working on it, and they've even dragged Frank Klepacki along to make the soundtrack.
Frank Klepacki?  Westwood?  Going to be two years before I can actually play multiplayer, but this might be a game I need to try. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2682 on: July 15, 2013, 09:18:35 pm »

A MOBA mecha game.
Frank Klepacki?  Westwood?  Going to be two years before I can actually play multiplayer, but this might be a game I need to try.
They were originally going to make it an RTS, but they went dark for a while and when they resurfaced, they announced that they had scrapped that idea for reasons unknown. I'm just glad they didn't give up entirely after being decimated by EA.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2683 on: July 15, 2013, 11:36:01 pm »

Here's a cheesy one: Energy Tycoon De-Luxe

It's 1970 and oil prices are skyrocketing! Everybody needs energy, and you and your $10,000,000 seed money are going to provide it!

Everything from installing home solar grids to developing, deploying, and operating a network of CANDU nuclear reactors and superconducting supergrids- it's all available! Our team of energy experts has created the most accurate global energy grid simulator yet devised, including natural disasters, climate change, and speculation about potential future energy sources...

It would go up to 2050, complete with the option to enable speculative power sources like super-efficient solar or various types of fusion/fission. Climate change could even play a part in it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: July 15, 2013, 11:51:53 pm »

Do you get to lobby governments that there's millions of years of coal left? Discredit and bribe climate scientists? Blanket the general population with propaganda?
Putting aside whether you believe in climate change/fossil fuel debate it would be extremely interesting and fun to play as a cartoony corporate villain trying to milk as much profit out of a finite resource and then skipping the country leaving no kind of infrastructure or future plans. A bit like the Tropico series but more emphasis on corporate smash and grab.

It could be anything from a the copyright industry to a mining monopoly. Live fast and die in the Caribbean.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 577