Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926825 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2790 on: August 06, 2013, 02:23:24 am »

An FPS in a semi-persistent world. The game begins with a minute of safe time in which players are assigned to teams, pick a direction and start walking. After that, they're on their own.

Supplies only appear at predefined caches, and not every cache has every type of ammo. This includes weapons, vehicles, ammunition and medicine. Some caches are controlled by powerful NPC factions that implicitly require teamwork to take and control, while others are out there for any group to keep for as long as they can keep people out.

Once a cache is under control, players can purchase and place premade constructs and fortifications built out of large physics objects. The simplest are pillboxes built out of wood and sheet metal that can be taken out with a single rocket, leading up to multi-level barricades and even complete buildings with underlying support structures. Of course, all of this can be brought down with a bomb from a stealthy saboteur.

The game can last anywhere from a single session up to a week or two. Longer games can only be played certain hours, to ensure that some players don't stay up late and steal everything while the bulk of players are asleep. After the entire thing is over, the world resets, giving everybody a fresh chance to win and ensuring that no faction dominates for too long. Points are calculated based on how many caches are seized during the game and how many are held at the end, encouraging players to be daring and seize caches whenever possible.

Basically, Minecraft PvP Survival as seen through the eyes of Gmod.

EDIT: Also, a game set in Spooky Zombie Mansion a la Resident Evil 1, but with online multiplayer and random layouts. Players are dropped individually at different helipads on the roof of the mansion, and have to solve puzzles and fight monsters. Eventually, everybody meets up to plant their C4 in the secret lab and high-tail it to the exit for the final boss fight.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:10:07 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: August 08, 2013, 10:23:26 am »

A somewhat realistic cooking game that allows you put ingredients together in any way that's edible, and then the customer likes or dislikes it based on what the dish tastes like and what the customer likes.

Bonus points if there's a spinoff with controls from Surgeon Simulator 2013.

Even more bonus points if are actually running a TV cooking show and can (for example) travel around the world and cook using local ingredients, Makłowicz-style.

Yerv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: August 08, 2013, 08:52:52 pm »

An FPS with randomly generated terrain, you take the role of a specific faction of space fairing aliens and can switch control to anyone of the members. You're tasked with the job of chopping down a forest and securing a base, but, horrible beasts live in the forest, and you must also dig down to gather metal for weaponry, the end goal is to chop down the entire forest. There would be an optional mode that tasks you with mining to the centre of the planet and ultimately creating a devastating Death Star like planet, paving everything over with industrial steel.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: August 08, 2013, 09:43:25 pm »

An FPS with randomly generated terrain, you take the role of a specific faction of space fairing aliens and can switch control to anyone of the members. You're tasked with the job of chopping down a forest and securing a base, but, horrible beasts live in the forest, and you must also dig down to gather metal for weaponry, the end goal is to chop down the entire forest. There would be an optional mode that tasks you with mining to the centre of the planet and ultimately creating a devastating Death Star like planet, paving everything over with industrial steel.

Sounds like Minecraft. Or Starmade, if you include the space faring ingame.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: August 09, 2013, 01:55:54 am »

A game that takes the sort of world randomly assembled by blocks setup minecraft has, but with gameplay that is styled after a rougelike, and with co-op multiplayer.

It would be different from minecraft in a few ways.  First of all, the world would be much more limited, in that its just one underground dungeon.  Destroying walls and floors would be possible but either take single-use explosives or a lot of time, and blocks cannot be replaced.  The combat and inventory systems would be much better suited to a permadeath system; for example, you'd have only a few item slots that can be quickly accessed, and then bags of various sizes you can access for a larger inventory that's slower to access.  And of course, there'd be all the usual increasingly dangerous monsters, and wide variety of items that come with rougelikes.

The idea is to have a multiplayer rougelike.  It wouldn't literally be a rougelike (seeing as how it would be realtime), but it could incorporate many of the elements of a game like nethack in simplified form.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2795 on: August 09, 2013, 02:12:31 am »

A game about the Japanese SDF. Made by Hideo Kojima. White-gloved and hard-hatted badasses. And there'd be CQC too, because YES.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: August 09, 2013, 02:30:09 am »

I'd like a game based on Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy-esque espionage.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: August 09, 2013, 10:52:33 am »

A huge port of Front Missions 2-5 to America on one of the new consoles, because goddamnit Square that was a fantastic IP why can't we have it
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: August 09, 2013, 11:09:15 am »

This has come up before, but I still very much want an X-COM styled game where you defend humanity against giant monsters. Should include:
  • Geoscape where attacks take place and you can track the monsters.
  • Turn-based tactical combat
  • Lots of research options, possibly similar to Sword of the Stars in that the tech trees are semi-randomized.
  • Base construction (multiple bases).
  • Customizable units. Death is, of course, permanent.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: August 09, 2013, 11:35:46 am »

Starmade, just with Airships in a Steampunk universe.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: August 09, 2013, 02:12:00 pm »

A mech game similar to Front Mission, XCOM, Pacific Rim, and... well, from there it's unique? Anyway, the idea:

You start in one of five "factions".
North+South America (Producing parts is cheaper), European nations (Producing parts takes less time), Oceania (Tech trees are faster to climb), Russia, China, Korea, and others (Can't think of anything o.o), and Africa, India, and the Middle East (again can't think of one).

Starting tech is semi-random, everyone has access to base technologies, then start techs get thrown about at random- each faction is guaranteed 4-6 starting techs, at least 1 of those being somewhat "rare".

Next, weapons and parts are generated based on your technology, anywhere from 6-10 designs of various costs.

Mecha building is one of the largest factors in-game. You can edit existing parts (bumping stats up or down for returns- bump them down for lower costs, or shift stats around to get a part closer to what you want) or build a new one. Either way, you can access newer technologies, updating a series of parts you really like allows you to keep a signature style.

Weapons building is similar- change stats and edit from a base or build anew.

Once you have a design, you can build one, build four (a "platoon"), or build multiple platoons. The benifit of building multiples is that if one is destroyed, you have more, and bulk prices are cheaper and less time-consuming.

Alternatively, you can export the completed product or even the design to another faction for extra cash.

Fighting is fairly easy- a regular transport helicopter can hold 4 mecha. You can upgrade your helicopters depending on what tech you've got, upgrading how far they can fly, how many mecha they can carry, or how many you can send at a time without the enemy micro-Kaiju noticing and trying to shoot them down (some have ranged, so... yeah. Risk three loud helis, and you might lose two (and eight mecha) before the fight even starts.)

You can't have your cake and eat it too with the helis- a quiet chopper group that lets you send 5 at a time with guaranteed success will not be able to hold more mecha or go very far.

Tech trees also net you other things- put enough research in mech design, and you can start building Mobile Weapons (Much larger, angrier mechs. Also less humanoid by a wide margin). Put enough research in areas such as avionics or such, and get the ability to call in strikes mid-battle. Put enough research into ammo types, and gain all sorts of bullet types to counter the Kaiju. There's many tech trees to fully follow, but you can't go down every branch and every one in one playthrough.

Time is directly influenced by what tech level everyone is at. Era I is mostly calm- humanity is brave and has little to fear. Era II brings stronger mechs to fight stronger foes, and humanity feels it's first tremors. Era III is the beginning of the end- the first miniboss appears, and many are lost in the first fight. Humanity is reminded of what they're up against. Gen IV is the struggle- mechs have caught up and the fight against minibosses is turning, but more minibosses keep coming. Gen V is the fall- it's you or them, and they've brought Godzilla to the party.

The factions start out mostly separated, but friendly. Near the endgame, larger (still not Kaiju size) beasts start emerging, factions start taking losses, and the globe bands together against the larger beasts. You'll get various bonuses depending on who you got to like you, and lead up to the final boss of a Kaiju-sized Kaiju.

You're still in like 7m tall mechs at that point, by the way.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: August 10, 2013, 02:01:14 am »

Shut up and take my yes. All of it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2802 on: August 10, 2013, 02:03:08 am »

A mech game similar to Front Mission, XCOM, Pacific Rim, and... well, from there it's unique? Anyway, the idea:

-snip-
Gimme.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: August 10, 2013, 02:04:52 am »

Shut up and take my yes. All of it.
isn't cube getting a airship editer? or something like that.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 10, 2013, 07:23:58 am »

Also, a Trouble in Terrorist Town style game that isn't infested by trolls.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 577