Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926827 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3015 on: September 08, 2013, 07:16:06 pm »

Get yourself a bowl
mix about a dozen of old idtech games (doom, wolf3d, quake) and half a dozen barrels of antichamber fucks-with-your-brain level design style (with the weird perspectives and geometry and whatnot), add a fun multiplayer and a level editor, mix in a way that is impervious to producers, and you have it.
What does "impervious to producers" even mean?

You do know that idtech games has producers meddling all over them right? Those games wouldnt be those games without producer meddling.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: September 08, 2013, 07:34:15 pm »

Get yourself a bowl
mix about a dozen of old idtech games (doom, wolf3d, quake) and half a dozen barrels of antichamber fucks-with-your-brain level design style (with the weird perspectives and geometry and whatnot), add a fun multiplayer and a level editor, mix in a way that is impervious to producers, and you have it.

You do know that idtech games has producers meddling all over them right? Those games wouldnt be those games without producer meddling.
Sorry, I'm not really familiar with the corporate politics of game companies that had their heyday in the late 90s.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: September 08, 2013, 09:47:43 pm »

Few gamers even know about the meddling in games now-a-days unless a large number of them find it offensive, or someone points it out on a popular media outlet for them.

Anyway, a modern FPS thats... well, I'm going to HAVE to explain this.

Take science, magic, CS:GO, Elysium, Strike Witches (and other musume/mechsuit things), magic, TF2, and LSD. Lots of LSD.

You've got guns that have mystical abilities with runic carvings, special camos and attachments- in a Perplexicon style where you could get anything from the gun firing wood spears to bullet holes spawning evil hands of death.

You get armor, on your legs (improves movement), arms (aim and weapon control), body (health) or head (HUD improvements).

Each class has access to different types of weapons and equipment that can be bought seperately- since I'm tired I really can't explain this well at all

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: September 08, 2013, 10:29:14 pm »

Get yourself a bowl
Sorry, I'm not really familiar with the corporate politics of game companies that had their heyday in the late 90s.

I've read Masters of Doom. Wolf 3D, Doom, etc. for the most part actually were made by only a handful of people. There were no "producers" to speak of in the early days of id. If anything, the more level-headed developers at id were probably what helped make the early games so good. Daikatana is what happened the instant nobody was around to slap John Romero on the wrist and say "No, that's not a good idea".
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: September 10, 2013, 12:43:08 pm »

A game containing the main features of both VVVVVV and Braid.

Think about it.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: September 10, 2013, 04:42:16 pm »

A game containing the main features of both VVVVVV and Braid.

Think about it.

I think my brain just broke a bit.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: September 10, 2013, 04:50:02 pm »

Not a game, but I want Guns of Icarus and Air Bucaneers to spawn a whole genre of ship fighting games.  Maybe with some in space and on the oceans.  We have some of those but its never really taken off.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: September 10, 2013, 04:57:20 pm »

A game in the Call of Duty franchise that isn't a 'spunkgargleweewee' game. I don't really care what genre it decides to be; RTS, RPG, rhythm; it's all good. Just something new and interesting. From CoD.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: September 10, 2013, 05:00:14 pm »

Not a game, but I want Guns of Icarus and Air Bucaneers to spawn a whole genre of ship fighting games.  Maybe with some in space and on the oceans.  We have some of those but its never really taken off.

You mean Freespace 2 but with players controlling cruisers instead of fighter ships?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: September 10, 2013, 05:07:36 pm »

I want a vampire-themed MMO that doesn't take artistic liberties like how Moonlight Online and Forsaken World do with their vampire characters - that is to say that I don't want vampires that adapted to walk outside during the day (like in Moonlight Online) nor a mage class that happens to be called Vampire (like in Forsaken World) - but without the requirement of paying to play the game or having to have the most modern machine ever.

in b4 World of Darkness MUDs, character approval and fruity forced role-play can go fuck itself with a nine-iron.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: September 10, 2013, 05:10:44 pm »

I want an MMO where you can actually roleplay without prompting other players to hack you.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: September 10, 2013, 05:12:50 pm »

I want an MMO where you can actually roleplay without prompting other players to hack you.
Can someone please post that story about the guys fucking up the RP game forum thing? That's pretty great. And relevant to two posts out of the past 5.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: September 10, 2013, 05:18:34 pm »

It's why I only ever play single player: It's the only chance you get to put some actual RP in G. That, and they don't require lots of grinding before getting to the good part.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: September 10, 2013, 06:08:04 pm »

It's why I only ever play single player: It's the only chance you get to put some actual RP in G. That, and they don't require lots of grinding before getting to the good part.

Don't you know that these days RPG means having character attributes and classes like in D&D? Its like MMO. The name has nothing to do with the actual content.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: September 10, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »

They all at least try to provide something to facilitate roleplaying, even if it's just some arbitrary choices. Single player games generally have more, though, and don't have a bunch of people broadcasting "gibbe moni plos" to break the illusion.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 577