Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929424 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3000 on: September 06, 2013, 02:10:37 pm »

-snip-
Sounds like something that would fit in an update to Planetside 2 or any sequel that happens.
Sounds exactly like PS2 if you axe the pay-to-win mechanics and actually distribute Certs fairly to non-payers :P
Apart from making the classes modular rather than just the 5 (4 really) that exist.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: September 06, 2013, 02:40:56 pm »

Balanced != identical.

But most people actually think that way. The same unit shall be given to every faction, only different skins and even sometimes just different colors. And If a unit have X ability then the other faction needs one with Y ability.

This mod I'm telling you about puts the game right into spot with the lore (as far the engine allows it), no silly looking for right balance with magical powers or numbers.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: September 06, 2013, 03:04:21 pm »

A GMOD deathmatch utilizing the Custom Weapons pack. Actually, just a GMOD deathmatch. No physgun / spawn menu for obvious reasons (trololo dumpster smash), but physics can be used in your favor. Maybe keep the gravity gun that simply knocks objects away.

Possibly have a 2-5 minute "prep time", where players can spawn certain items and use certain tools, especially Wire, to make things such as vehicles. For instance, I could take and weld together a box of basic builder items, then attach wheels to it, or even wiremod thrusters.

Once that's done, you get a Counter-Strike esque menu, allowing you to choose a primary and secondary weapon. Using Custom Weapons, you could also choose up to five attachments.

From there, you've either got a deathmatch, a PvE wave-based survival, or anything else you want depending on how you make people spawn.

---

Possibly an easy way to add textures to models and save them as a "clone" of an original item. For instance, texturing the green part of the Aug to look like wood for the equippable models then saving it as "Wood Pattern AUG". I'm usre it's not that hard to do, but I'm kinda lazy o.o
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: September 06, 2013, 03:06:23 pm »

Balanced != identical.

But most people actually think that way. The same unit shall be given to every faction, only different skins and even sometimes just different colors. And If a unit have X ability then the other faction needs one with Y ability.

This mod I'm telling you about puts the game right into spot with the lore (as far the engine allows it), no silly looking for right balance with magical powers or numbers.

Balance just means you don't have to rely on luck to win. If you can only win when the AI does a certain random behavior, then it's not balanced. If you can win every time with great skill, it's balanced.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: September 06, 2013, 05:59:24 pm »

An idea that popped into my head and kinda grew, I even wrote most of it down (but that paper isn't here so we're winging it).

An RPG or action game or something along those lines, DMC or Bayonetta basically in terms of general gameplay.
A world of some sort, medium fantasy or low even, humans are generally the only race but you have demons and angels too (not sure with either being affiliated with any higher power though).
The big idea of the game is that player choice and style of play affects the gameplay and difficulty. Morality that actually affects the way you play the game. You start of as human, you are generally pretty damn weak, fighting with crappy weapons in some war or something, maybe a bit of magic to spice it up. Then a MacGuffin or something happens and you are able to ascend to one of the other forms.
Now the other forms are angel and demon. Angels are devoid of emotion, completely cold and rational, trying to carry out whatever they see as the spreading of good or justice. Even if it is ruthless they will put down an entire city if it means saving two more. The demons on the other hand are the embodiment of emotion, wild, unpredictable and completely driven by whims, this means you can have good demons or ones that flip their morality whenever they feel like it. They generally do whatever the hell they want.
This puts the two forms at odds with each other, chaos and order, doing the right thing, or doing whatever you feel like.
Now, the player is presented with choices trought the game, both obvious and less so which affect to which side he leans. Always do the right thing, regardless of your emotions or of those involved and you can ascend to become an angel. Always give in to emotion and you might become a demon.
How does this tie into gameplay difficulty you ask?
Simple, each race or form has their own style of combat with varying degrees of difficulty. The demons are quick and brutal, relying on fast attacks and combos to deal huge damage while dodging to defend themselves. The angels on the other hand are slow and cumbersome, their attacks hit like a truck but you need to have good timing, their style revolves around blocking and countering as well as planning ahead with each encounter since you can easily get stunlocked by a horde of enemies if you're not careful. And finally the human form would be the weakest of the two, using both blocking and dodging, combos and counters and some magic to boot, hardest to learn and master.
So the demons are considered easy mode (since doing whatever you want, with little regard to others is lazy and an easy thing to do), the angels are considered hard (doing the right thing every time isn't an easy thing, doubly so if it involves some very tough decisions), while the human form is very hard (hardest of all in this great war is to stay sane, normal and human, treading a thin line between extremes).
Naturally after you change forms (if you choose so) you will still be faced by choices, testing your decision each time, do you keep being emotionless as an angel or is it too much to bear so many lives on your mind, even if it is for the greater good? And if you do stray far enough you will revert to your human form, and getting back from that will be much harder than the first time. Doubly so because as you change forms your skill tree changes with them, and what you invested into one tree hardly carries over, making the challenge of falling very big. Heck, if you fail very late into the game, you might even be unable to finish (there should be some give up choice if you die too many times or something, showing or telling you what happened because you gave up).

I even made some sketches of how the forms look and act.

So yeah, that's my big game idea, kinda wall of texty but eh.

Also there was another one I had, a 2.5d sidescroller (like Trine) but played from the first person perspective, the right side would be a giant screen showing you your face (if you have a webcam or something), something like the consoles from Wreck-it-Ralph.

fable?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: September 08, 2013, 06:18:05 am »

Mario as a strategy game. Nintendo can make Mario adaptations of every sport in existence, but not a Mario strategy game?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: September 08, 2013, 09:21:35 am »

Balanced != identical.
See starcraft. One of the most balanced game in existence, yet three wildly different races.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: September 08, 2013, 09:55:56 am »

Steamship 13,
Spacestation 13 on an airship in a Steampunk world.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: September 08, 2013, 11:01:20 am »

A GMOD deathmatch utilizing the Custom Weapons pack. Actually, just a GMOD deathmatch. No physgun / spawn menu for obvious reasons (trololo dumpster smash), but physics can be used in your favor. Maybe keep the gravity gun that simply knocks objects away.

Possibly have a 2-5 minute "prep time", where players can spawn certain items and use certain tools, especially Wire, to make things such as vehicles. For instance, I could take and weld together a box of basic builder items, then attach wheels to it, or even wiremod thrusters.

Once that's done, you get a Counter-Strike esque menu, allowing you to choose a primary and secondary weapon. Using Custom Weapons, you could also choose up to five attachments.

From there, you've either got a deathmatch, a PvE wave-based survival, or anything else you want depending on how you make people spawn.

---

Possibly an easy way to add textures to models and save them as a "clone" of an original item. For instance, texturing the green part of the Aug to look like wood for the equippable models then saving it as "Wood Pattern AUG". I'm usre it's not that hard to do, but I'm kinda lazy o.o
Well, HL2: Deathmatch already has the foundations for a lot of this down. All you'd need is some TF2-like pre-match prep time, and to shove it over to gmod.
[/awful-representation-of-how-programming-works]
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: September 08, 2013, 12:58:15 pm »

A Mass Effect expansion where Shepard is an Elcor, with giant laserguns strapped to its back, and wearing a paper mask of a human face TF2 style.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: September 08, 2013, 01:12:54 pm »

A Mass Effect expansion where Shepard is an Elcor, with giant laserguns strapped to its back, and wearing a paper mask of a human face TF2 style.

Romance in Mass Effect would have a whole new unpleasant meaning to it...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: September 08, 2013, 04:21:59 pm »

Steamship 13,
Spacestation 13 on an airship in a Steampunk world.

Cold be done easily. All it would need is a resprite job, all the code would still work.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: September 08, 2013, 04:36:46 pm »

Get yourself a bowl
mix about a dozen of old idtech games (doom, wolf3d, quake) and half a dozen barrels of antichamber fucks-with-your-brain level design style (with the weird perspectives and geometry and whatnot), add a fun multiplayer and a level editor, mix in a way that is impervious to producers, and you have it.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: September 08, 2013, 05:30:21 pm »

Get yourself a bowl
mix about a dozen of old idtech games (doom, wolf3d, quake) and half a dozen barrels of antichamber fucks-with-your-brain level design style (with the weird perspectives and geometry and whatnot), add a fun multiplayer and a level editor, mix in a way that is impervious to producers, and you have it.

Classic FPS with a level editor and Antichamber-style maps?

WANT.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: September 08, 2013, 06:35:35 pm »

Get yourself a bowl
What does "impervious to producers" even mean?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 577