Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926688 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4725 on: November 28, 2014, 09:12:12 am »

As for leaving the vault, wouldn't that be a really, really bad idea? Especially within a human lifetime after the bombs fall.
Not really. Most places not directly hit would stop being all that dangerously radioactive within the year. Nuclear winter (with its associated decrease of agricultural production) should last a decade or two (well within a human lifetime). It's hard to say how long the social chaos continues, but if it's not over when you come out, a well organized and armed group should be able to keep itself safe. (Coming out alone, like in every Fallout game ever, is a bad idea, yes)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: November 28, 2014, 09:43:03 pm »

A Star Wars flight game, but hardcore simulationist.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: November 29, 2014, 10:19:35 am »

Kerbal Space Program?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: November 29, 2014, 11:02:30 am »

Oooo, can we imagine what a new version of "X-Wing vs TIE Fighter" would be like? No 2D cockpits; full 3D with lighting, large battles between capital ships, sparks from system damage.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: November 29, 2014, 11:44:09 am »

How can you have a realistic SW space combat game, when the movies themselves were WWII dogfighting IN SPACE!

?

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: November 29, 2014, 11:46:11 am »

Nobody said realistic - just highly detailed and consistent simulations of WW2 dogfighting in space.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: November 29, 2014, 12:02:30 pm »

Id rather have one based on bab5.  wasn't there supposed to be a hard physics Starfury game that got canned?

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: November 29, 2014, 01:37:50 pm »

Goblin king.

You're a chief of a tribe of goblins living in caves in the mountains.

Some base management - Workin on the lair.
Some survival elements - finding food (raid those farmsteads, hunt animals)
Some RTS - killing those pesky humans
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: November 29, 2014, 02:22:47 pm »

Goblin king.

You're a chief of a tribe of goblins living in caves in the mountains.

Some base management - Workin on the lair.
Some survival elements - finding food (raid those farmsteads, hunt animals)
Some RTS - killing those pesky humans
There was an RTS about goblins on the Gamecube. It probably wasn't exactly what you're looking for, but it comes a bit close.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: November 29, 2014, 02:27:00 pm »

Goblin king.
Goblin Camp.  Not in caves, and not in development, but still pretty fun.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: November 29, 2014, 04:45:50 pm »

Id rather have one based on bab5.  wasn't there supposed to be a hard physics Starfury game that got canned?
"I've Found Her"?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: November 29, 2014, 05:45:41 pm »

I think it was "Into the Fire" which was eventually canceled.  I think "Ive Found Her" is a fan game.

I seem to remember that the Sierra developers open sourced the game engine from ITF, or maybe just leaked it?  IFH might be based on that.  Looking at the website ( http://ifhgame.ru/ ) it looks like it might be playable.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: November 30, 2014, 04:27:48 am »

After playing Daggerfall a bit recently, I realize how much I want a game with the soul of Daggerfall, but also all the modern accoutrements like pretty graphics, an actual difficulty curve rather than... whatever Daggerfall has (I call it a difficulty "pile of spaghetti"), so on and suchlike. All of this while keeping the random dungeons, the freaky unexplained environmental noises, the boundless wilderness, the random gratuitous nudity, YE OLDE PEASANTS, the cartoony blood & guts, and maybe some of the old-school DOS RPG weirdness like the 3D automap.

As I describe all the things that make up the experience of playing Daggerfall, I realize it probably wouldn't be that hard to make a Game of Thrones game just via extensive modding of Daggerfall :P It's got all the surface details of GoT (see: nudity, peasants, gore), it just needs characters to match and a map that looks roughly like Westeros.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: November 30, 2014, 04:46:16 am »

After playing Daggerfall a bit recently, I realize how much I want a game with the soul of Daggerfall, but also all the modern accoutrements like pretty graphics, an actual difficulty curve rather than... whatever Daggerfall has (I call it a difficulty "pile of spaghetti"), so on and suchlike. All of this while keeping the random dungeons, the freaky unexplained environmental noises, the boundless wilderness, the random gratuitous nudity, YE OLDE PEASANTS, the cartoony blood & guts, and maybe some of the old-school DOS RPG weirdness like the 3D automap.

As I describe all the things that make up the experience of playing Daggerfall, I realize it probably wouldn't be that hard to make a Game of Thrones game just via extensive modding of Daggerfall :P It's got all the surface details of GoT (see: nudity, peasants, gore), it just needs characters to match and a map that looks roughly like Westeros.

Have you seen the engine remake called "DaggerXL"? It's not finished yet but the work that's gone into it so far is rather impressive. The end result will hopefully allow people to make their own dungeons and import new elements into Daggerfall as well as more easily making mods for the game.
Video of the Illiac Bay area.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: November 30, 2014, 04:56:47 am »

Have you seen the engine remake called "DaggerXL"? It's not finished yet but the work that's gone into it so far is rather impressive. The end result will hopefully allow people to make their own dungeons and import new elements into Daggerfall as well as more easily making mods for the game.
Video of the Illiac Bay area.

I have seen that, yes. I really like what I see from dungeon gameplay videos. The smoothed textures + higher resolution make it infinitely easier on the eyes. But that super-detailed bump mapped ground combined with those filtered tree sprites make me less enthused. I'm not sure if that's what they're going with or if they intend to add 3D trees, though.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 577