Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926821 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4815 on: December 11, 2014, 03:48:27 am »

I was thinking about it the other day...
A game that takes "A Dark Room" and makes it into a more open ended/world'd style game with a bit more bells and whistles. The idea of starting with nothing and having to do everything yourself before building up a small force to aid you to finally having a large enough force that you can sit back or explore the world with ease...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: December 11, 2014, 04:02:15 am »

That's how you can tell they're quality ninjas. Nobody noticed the game.
BOOM

However, if we have darkmatch (most-all light sources are off or really dim) as a gamemode, then things can get interesting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You are describing what LLC totally would end up being.
If Wolfire would actually finish the thing it would be great.

This is almost as frustrating as when someone describes Subversion and then you're reminded that it's never happening.
That looks super interesting. When was it initially announced?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: December 11, 2014, 09:18:50 am »

They did it for a charity thing in like 2009. They said they'd return to it when there were no immediate concerns, but then the rabbitman kickboxing simulator ended up making a shitton of money and became priority #1.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: December 12, 2014, 05:29:55 am »

They did it for a charity thing in like 2009. They said they'd return to it when there were no immediate concerns, but then the rabbitman kickboxing simulator ended up making a shitton of money and became priority #1.
IT WAS BEING MADE BY THE LUGARU TEAM!?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: December 12, 2014, 11:54:29 am »

IT WAS BEING MADE BY THE LUGARU TEAM!?
And the Overgrowth team, yes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: December 12, 2014, 02:47:16 pm »

And now they've left that in development hell so that David Rosen has more time to fire shots at people on Twitter.

Overgrowth is the furry HL3.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: December 12, 2014, 08:30:30 pm »

A fighting game that makes sense to non-fighting game fanatics. The last fighting game I recall being able to just pick up and play and actually have fun with was Mortal Kombat 2, way back in the day. Any game since then feels like it's been built for the obscenely competitive players and absolutely nobody else.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: December 12, 2014, 08:59:55 pm »

A game where you're on the flipside of Payday 2. Instead of using Crimenet to select heists, you're the cops responding to said heists. Topdown.. RTS like I guess? Prepare, arm and send in your squads of SWAT and metrocops, use helicopters to send in strike teams, hostage rescue operations, beg for a bulldozer, and ram your cars into the building to kill hostages HARMLESSLY INCAPACITATE THE CRIMINAL while requesting GenSec and FBI backup if you are getting your ass kicked.

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: December 13, 2014, 01:02:58 am »

Only if you can play as the Skulldozer much as you can play as the Tank in L4D2.
YOU ARE UP AGAINST A WALL

AND I AM THE FUCKING WALL
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: December 13, 2014, 01:40:36 am »

Ja. I spoke with Aedel about this. I like it, but there's something I'd love.

Dungeon Keeper style FPS mode. That'd be so cooool.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: December 13, 2014, 04:51:38 am »

And now they've left that in development hell so that David Rosen has more time to fire shots at people on Twitter.

Overgrowth is the furry HL3.
Except that it's actually purchasable, downloadable, and playable now, with news and updates periodically, so it's not really like HL3 at all :P

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: December 15, 2014, 04:17:13 am »

A game where you're on the flipside of Payday 2. Instead of using Crimenet to select heists, you're the cops responding to said heists. Topdown.. RTS like I guess? Prepare, arm and send in your squads of SWAT and metrocops, use helicopters to send in strike teams, hostage rescue operations, beg for a bulldozer, and ram your cars into the building to kill hostages HARMLESSLY INCAPACITATE THE CRIMINAL while requesting GenSec and FBI backup if you are getting your ass kicked.

That actually sounds a lot like the Watch Dogs companion app game but obviously more in-depth. A nice idea nonetheless!

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: December 15, 2014, 04:20:57 am »

A fighting game that makes sense to non-fighting game fanatics. The last fighting game I recall being able to just pick up and play and actually have fun with was Mortal Kombat 2, way back in the day. Any game since then feels like it's been built for the obscenely competitive players and absolutely nobody else.
I've always found that series more accessible, even MK9.

I think it's largely to do with both the controls and the sense of feedback. There are certainly some simple fighters though, check out Divekick and Speakeasy ;)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: December 15, 2014, 04:54:48 am »

Yea, they just released an update video for Overgrowth. Its coming along quite well. The coder seems get bogged down in small details.

They've recently hired a third (maybe forth) person who'll be concentrating on making levels with the assets as is.

Though the game hasn't actually, progressed toward a game yet. Right now, its an incredible in depth martial arts with high detial physics, and a pretty good, maybe worthwhile stealth mechanics.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: December 15, 2014, 05:05:40 am »

You forgot the platforming. That's been pretty solid for a long time. There's a ton of custom levels with no enemies at all, just running, jumping, and climbing.

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 577