Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926917 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4830 on: December 15, 2014, 05:21:01 am »

And the platforming.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: December 15, 2014, 07:25:59 am »

A fighting game that makes sense to non-fighting game fanatics. The last fighting game I recall being able to just pick up and play and actually have fun with was Mortal Kombat 2, way back in the day. Any game since then feels like it's been built for the obscenely competitive players and absolutely nobody else.

Personally, I think Skullgirls also fits the bill with it's stellar training mode and simple enough inputs- you don't have the Blazblue-esque half circles or... whatever Hazama's inputs were.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: December 15, 2014, 09:52:05 pm »

A fighting game that makes sense to non-fighting game fanatics. The last fighting game I recall being able to just pick up and play and actually have fun with was Mortal Kombat 2, way back in the day. Any game since then feels like it's been built for the obscenely competitive players and absolutely nobody else.

Personally, I think Skullgirls also fits the bill with it's stellar training mode and simple enough inputs- you don't have the Blazblue-esque half circles or... whatever Hazama's inputs were.

And lets not forgot about Divekick. A fighting game, designed for this explicit purpose.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: December 15, 2014, 10:17:36 pm »

Smash Bros?
No? OK...  :P I understand... I can't really beat the 6th CPU level while the competitive scene claims the CPUs, even top level, are nothing compared to a human opponent.
Still, even if it is rather difficult, it is fairly easy to learn I think.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: December 15, 2014, 11:18:22 pm »

How about a holiday beat-'em-up/arcade-brawler where you play as Saint Nicholas and have to fight your way through the First Nicene Council.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:46:24 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: December 15, 2014, 11:47:55 pm »

I want a 40k-themed gladiator management sim, where you play a daemon lanista (manager.) Your gladiators would be different races captured from all across the galaxy. Imperial Citizens, Imperial Guard, Orks, Eldar of both flavors, Tau, even Space Marines and Tyranids, and the occasional disgraced Chaos Space Marine. You'd bid at slave markets and buy them from Chaos Space Marines and Dark Eldar and such. They'd fight in arenas for the glory of KHORNE, and you'd get paid in SKULLS, they'd get better as they won fights, get maimed, sometimes mutate, almost always die. Maybe sometimes the crowds would get so carried away they'd join in, or maybe the gladiators would rebel. Their weapons would all be 40k weapons but with a gladiatorial twist. (Plasma Nets and Power Tridents, shit like that.) Please the crowd and Khorne enough, and go on to have your fighters face his greatest champions!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: December 16, 2014, 12:24:02 am »

I'd like a city builder which combines SimCity's (and Afterlife's) paradigm of placing zones which can develop into different types of buildings which provide tax revenue but aren't under your control with Tropico's (as well as SimCity Societies') paradigm of placing the specific buildings you want directly and paying upkeep for them. Every building in the game would have the potential to pop up in either manner. Also the employees (and customers, where applicable) of each building would be tracked like in Tropico.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: December 16, 2014, 11:58:38 am »

Dwarf Fortress is the proof that you can have an extremely deep fantasy game with text graphics.
Cataclysm: DDA is the proof that you can have an extremely deep zombie survival game...Again, with text graphics.

Why can't we apply a similar (not exactly the same) logic to evolution sims and make Spore in ASCII? :c
I want a Spore-like game in ASCII. Sure it would still be hard but graphics (which are usually pretty bad in those kinda games) would barely be a priority now, allowing the devs to fully concentrate on mechanics, immersion, "realism" and all that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: December 16, 2014, 12:21:35 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is the proof that you can have an extremely deep fantasy game with text graphics.
Cataclysm: DDA is the proof that you can have an extremely deep zombie survival game...Again, with text graphics.

Why can't we apply a similar (not exactly the same) logic to evolution sims and make Spore in ASCII? :c
I want a Spore-like game in ASCII. Sure it would still be hard but graphics (which are usually pretty bad in those kinda games) would barely be a priority now, allowing the devs to fully concentrate on mechanics, immersion, "realism" and all that.
Yeah, but the whole "create your own creatures" thing is a lot sweeter with a visual representation. If you want to create custom life-forms in text representation, you can already do that in DF modding. Admittedly, not during actual gameplay but still...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: December 16, 2014, 03:21:18 pm »

I want a 40k-themed gladiator management sim, where you play a daemon lanista (manager.) Your gladiators would be different races captured from all across the galaxy. Imperial Citizens, Imperial Guard, Orks, Eldar of both flavors, Tau, even Space Marines and Tyranids, and the occasional disgraced Chaos Space Marine. You'd bid at slave markets and buy them from Chaos Space Marines and Dark Eldar and such. They'd fight in arenas for the glory of KHORNE, and you'd get paid in SKULLS, they'd get better as they won fights, get maimed, sometimes mutate, almost always die. Maybe sometimes the crowds would get so carried away they'd join in, or maybe the gladiators would rebel. Their weapons would all be 40k weapons but with a gladiatorial twist. (Plasma Nets and Power Tridents, shit like that.) Please the crowd and Khorne enough, and go on to have your fighters face his greatest champions!
Hrmmm, I can't really see that working so well if you don't worship Khorne... How different would this be from Bloodbowl?

What of a game where you play as Santa making new and exciting gifts to spread to all the children. The objective is to build up your Love Meter.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: December 16, 2014, 05:04:39 pm »

Dwarf Fortress and Cataclysm have (largely) visual interfaces though? I mean, the inventories and menus are textual but the majority of the gameplay is the visual overview bit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: December 16, 2014, 05:09:33 pm »

Dwarf Fortress and Cataclysm have (largely) visual interfaces though? I mean, the inventories and menus are textual but the majority of the gameplay is the visual overview bit.

They are visual but still drawn with text at the end of the day...Which is what I meant.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: December 17, 2014, 09:51:06 am »

File this one under 'horrifying monetization ideas': A game which is pay-to-pray. You're losing a battle? Pay to pray for a miracle to turn the tide! But the miracle's odds of occurring are based on how much you pay... The more you pay, the greater the chance...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: December 17, 2014, 10:03:06 am »

File this one under 'horrifying monetization ideas': A game which is pay-to-pray. You're losing a battle? Pay to pray for a miracle to turn the tide! But the miracle's odds of occurring are based on how much you pay... The more you pay, the greater the chance...
Already exists in the form of "lottery tickets" for items, that's pretty much the same, only more direct.
._.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: December 17, 2014, 10:15:43 am »

Co-op game in world made of blocks. People are broken into teams. Each team needs to make a giant tower, while assaulting and attempting to destroy the other teams tower. The first to reach the clouds wins. It is possible to dig under towers, dynamite them up, etc. So kind of like King Arthurs Gold I guess, only in 3D.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 10:17:21 am by Yolan »
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 577