Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929502 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5040 on: March 10, 2015, 05:35:35 am »

i just want a dogfighting game that doesn't lag
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: March 10, 2015, 09:32:50 am »

Something WWII and unique, every game that has to do with WWII is either a shooter, an online shooter, a strategy game, or the occasional game about airplanes.

Just in a WWII sort of mood today.
Production and logistics simulator.

With occasional fighting with partisans and sabotage groups, depending on which location you're commanding.
._.

lordpyridine

• Bay Watcher
  • [APPLY_CREATURE_ VARIATION:PSYCHOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: March 10, 2015, 09:39:45 am »

A modern graphics reboot of LSD:Dream Emulator.
Anyone can build a buttress at forty degrees, but it takes a DWARF to build one arbitrarily and have it be twice as strong!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: March 10, 2015, 10:23:30 am »

Something WWII and unique, every game that has to do with WWII is either a shooter, an online shooter, a strategy game, or the occasional game about airplanes.

A trading sim. You play as Milo Minderbinder.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: March 10, 2015, 10:34:03 am »

The Saboteur had its moments. Uh... Valkyrie Chronicles, while technically a shooter/TBS, is quite story heavy. HOI 3 is pretty niche as grand strategy. Wolfenstein, while a shooter, is a very fun and disturbing take on WWII.

There's not a lot of "unique" WWII games out there, I'd like a game that takes place in pre-WWII Japan where you play as someone trying to influence the government of Japan in going to war.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: March 10, 2015, 12:51:33 pm »

An ARMA/OFP clone based on a historical conflict that doesn't involve America.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: March 10, 2015, 04:21:02 pm »

Silent Storm is a TBS where you control a squad of elite operatives running around Europe unraveling a James Bond style conspiracy during WWII.  It is like the original XCOM, where you have a certain amount of TUs per unit.  End game is kind of.... bad, but there are mods for correcting it. 
Spoiler: Reason Why (click to show/hide)
Silent Hunter, as mentioned earlier, is also a pretty unique game, with the choice of which side you are on depended on the game.  III and IV are the main good ones, since V is generally regarded as being horrible.  III has you manning a U-Boat in the Atlantic.  You are given a grid section to patrol, and you hunt down Allied shipping.  IV has you manning an American sub in the Pacific.  Few more specific missions besides the generic patrol, such as reconning a harbor, or delivering supplies to an island.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: March 10, 2015, 04:24:45 pm »

The Saboteur had its moments.

I never got past one mission in that. (playing on Feckin' Hard)

Some love interest gets captured by the Nazis, so you rescue her and then steal a truck with a machine gun on it, and then proceed to get bum-rushed by the entire German Army and Air Force.

It fails a lot because DR. KWONG HAS DIED!? WHERE THE FUCK IS HE!?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: March 10, 2015, 04:30:16 pm »

Does anybody know how one would go about calculating how much money wpuld be needed to produce a game?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: March 10, 2015, 04:32:16 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:21:34 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: March 10, 2015, 04:33:39 pm »

Does anybody know how one would go about calculating how much money wpuld be needed to produce a game?
Well, (total salaries * maximum estimated time of production) * 3 would be a good first estimate, if you're using a free engine (and there's no reason to use a non-free engine because Unreal Engine 4 is f*cking free).
._.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: March 10, 2015, 04:42:29 pm »

Source 2 will be free.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5052 on: March 10, 2015, 07:01:36 pm »

Depends on how many people you have employed (if any) and whether or not you're paying to use an existing engine, these among other expenses which all vary depending on your needs can range a total anywhere from thousands to tens of thousands for the typical indie game, 100k+ if it's a really big project or you don't want development to last 5 years.

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: March 10, 2015, 07:03:20 pm »

If you ask that question on a game development forum the answer is usualy between $100,000 and $500,000.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

blazing glory

« Reply #5054 on: March 10, 2015, 10:45:22 pm »

Silent Storm is a TBS where you control a squad of elite operatives running around Europe unraveling a James Bond style conspiracy during WWII.  It is like the original XCOM, where you have a certain amount of TUs per unit.  End game is kind of.... bad, but there are mods for correcting it. 
Spoiler: Reason Why (click to show/hide)
Silent Hunter, as mentioned earlier, is also a pretty unique game, with the choice of which side you are on depended on the game.  III and IV are the main good ones, since V is generally regarded as being horrible.  III has you manning a U-Boat in the Atlantic.  You are given a grid section to patrol, and you hunt down Allied shipping.  IV has you manning an American sub in the Pacific.  Few more specific missions besides the generic patrol, such as reconning a harbor, or delivering supplies to an island.

Ah yes, Silent Storm, one of my favorite games.

Said issue that has everyone's feathers ruffled never really bothered me, probably because when I first saw it I was too young to care and by the time I was old enough to care it was already imprinted on me as a part of the game.

Now I feel like making it work again.

I recall playing Silent Hunter III, I could never figure out where I was meant to go, map wasn't very helpful.

Not sure where the disk went.

I'd argue that Valkyria Chronicles isn't WWII but eh, it's more of a alternate history of WWII.

HOI 3?

EDIT: The one thing I always wished for in Silent Storm was for everyone to die a bit more gracefully, instead of dying with their legs in a wacky position or having their arms in some kind of new dance move.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:55:33 pm by blazing glory »
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 577