Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926932 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5295 on: May 27, 2015, 11:15:42 pm »

I was impressed with the NPC they added to Dantooine complete with reconstructed voice acting, even though the subtitles didn't match and the Exile's dialogue options were out-of-character for the game. That's an impressive level of dedication.

KOTOR2 is probably still my favorite piece of the old Expanded Universe. Sigh :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: May 28, 2015, 10:11:56 am »

I had a dream that my friend told me he had found a new game that was "like pirate wars, except its Elvis vs the Freemasons."

I think this game should exist.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: May 28, 2015, 03:17:50 pm »

I was impressed with the NPC they added to Dantooine complete with reconstructed voice acting, even though the subtitles didn't match and the Exile's dialogue options were out-of-character for the game. That's an impressive level of dedication.

KOTOR2 is probably still my favorite piece of the old Expanded Universe. Sigh :(
is it bad that i like SWTOR :c
It has Revan in it! And Revan is fucking AWESOME
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #5298 on: May 29, 2015, 01:16:03 am »

Game I wish existed: A non-terrible pirate MMO that isn't Puzzle Pirates.

Literally a non-kid version of Puzzle Pirates. Is that so much to ask?
I too have dreamt of a pirate-themed MMO that wasn't made of PopCap flash games.

Though to be honest I would prefer something single-player. Like a party-based pirate RPG in the vein of Fallout/Divinity: Original Sin/Baldur's Gate/Planescape: Torment. Pirates are just my favorite thing, and I love the idea of a half-simulationist, half-gamey pirate game where you buy and furnish a ship and then sail the seas plundering and adventuring.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: May 29, 2015, 01:51:06 am »

I'd like to see a remake of Baldur's Gate that actually used the rules for Dungeons and Dragons. I'm not totally familiar with every edition of the rules but I'm pretty fucking sure that all of them are turn-based.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:56:56 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: May 29, 2015, 01:57:46 am »

Getting hooked on Clicker Heroes made me think I'd like an idle game more automation-friendly.
What I have in mind would be primarily a fusion between idle games and programming games, an idle game with an exposed API so players can script their way through, so that interaction with the game is only demanded in parts the player hasn't scripted yet and boils down to finding the best automation scheme. Heck, parts of the API itself could be treated as upgrades that the player has to unlock before using for maximum upgradeness.  :P
In particular, I'm thinking a base building/tower defense substrate could give lots of automation tasks to toy with.
Being hooked on Idle Games I like this idea.

(Try Incremental Reactor)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: May 29, 2015, 03:25:19 am »

I'd like to see a remake of Baldur's Gate that actually used the rules for Dungeons and Dragons. I'm not totally familiar with every edition of the rules but I'm pretty fucking sure that all of them are turn-based.

It being turn base isn that much of a corner stone for the combat found in dnd. Its done as a matter of practicality. You have free movement and hits and stuff while using the rules just fine.

You can never hope to make a 1:1 recreation of dnd rules into a video game. Its an entirely different medium, with entirely different restraints.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: May 29, 2015, 05:02:12 am »

I too have dreamt of a pirate-themed MMO that wasn't made of PopCap flash games.

Though to be honest I would prefer something single-player. Like a party-based pirate RPG in the vein of Fallout/Divinity: Original Sin/Baldur's Gate/Planescape: Torment. Pirates are just my favorite thing, and I love the idea of a half-simulationist, half-gamey pirate game where you buy and furnish a ship and then sail the seas plundering and adventuring.

Are you familiar with the Uncharted Waters series for the SNES? It's not really group based, though.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: May 29, 2015, 12:43:17 pm »

Are you familiar with the Uncharted Waters series for the SNES? It's not really group based, though.
I was gonna mention that. UW also had a MMO version called... Uncharted Waters Online, what a surprise. I only played it in beta and tbh it wasn't quite good, but hopefully they'd improved it(if it still exists, that is).
Pirates of the Burning Sea is another name I heard thrown around that time, some people said it was better than UWO, particularly when it comes to PvP, but I never played it myself.

(Try Incremental Reactor)
Noted. Will do.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: May 29, 2015, 01:50:03 pm »

Risen 2 is a (single player) RPG, and it's about pirates. I think you command a ship, but I'm not sure. It's one of the many games I have on my Steam library that I haven't even played... but I read decent things about it. So, maybe that qualifies, or maybe it's just a bog-standard open-ish world RPG with people dressing up as pirates.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: May 29, 2015, 02:17:42 pm »

I'd be interested in an open-world 2d JRPG in the vein of Skyrim and such where you can recruit various characters into your party.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: May 29, 2015, 03:13:56 pm »

I'd be interested in an open-world 2d JRPG in the vein of Skyrim and such where you can recruit various characters into your party.

Are you sure 2D and skyrim-esque get along nicely?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: May 29, 2015, 04:00:57 pm »

More to the point, how can you have a Skyrim-esque JRPG? It's not just a matter of combat style; the structure of a typical JRPG is very different from CRPGs like Skyrim.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #5308 on: May 29, 2015, 04:53:39 pm »

Meaningful choices in character creation and an open world aren't all that incompatible with the kind of turn-based combat in a JRPG. I guess it depends on how you define JRPG and CRPG.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: May 29, 2015, 07:54:38 pm »

Meaningful choices in character creation and an open world aren't all that incompatible with the kind of turn-based combat in a JRPG. I guess it depends on how you define JRPG and CRPG.
I just don't understand why people would prefer JRPG combat. JRPGs are typically only better than CRPGs in terms of character development and sometimes worldbuilding creativity (seriously, TES lore may be "deep" but it's basically launching fantasy cliches at a wall and seeing what sticks) so I don't understand why you would deliberately put JRPG combat slog into a serviceable otherwise-CRPG.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 577