Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926746 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5385 on: June 24, 2015, 01:48:56 pm »

A stealth-based game where the guards aren't blind. There may be some that I do not know of, but I haven't seen any.

Note: when I say stealth-based I mean stealth is actually the focus of the game, like Assassin's Creed. Not things like Fallout: New Vegas where steath might make things much easier if you invest in it, but is not the focus.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: June 24, 2015, 01:58:27 pm »

A stealth-based game where the guards aren't blind. There may be some that I do not know of, but I haven't seen any.

Note: when I say stealth-based I mean stealth is actually the focus of the game, like Assassin's Creed. Not things like Fallout: New Vegas where steath might make things much easier if you invest in it, but is not the focus.
There's the older Splinter Cell games (as in, pre-Conviction.).
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: June 24, 2015, 02:35:35 pm »

Some sort of crossover between x-com and Fate of the World. So it's not primarily about you fighting off aliens, but rather about helping the entire world to get its shit together enough to fight off aliens. And at the same time managing the civil unrest and other problems caused by aliens starting shit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: June 24, 2015, 03:12:52 pm »

Note: when I say stealth-based I mean stealth is actually the focus of the game, like Assassin's Creed.

Hee hee!  I complete most of my missions in AC just by running up to people and stabbing them.

Okay, maybe the first one required a bit of stealth.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: June 24, 2015, 03:16:27 pm »

Metal Gear Solid?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: June 24, 2015, 03:16:59 pm »

Note: when I say stealth-based I mean stealth is actually the focus of the game, like Assassin's Creed.

Hee hee!  I complete most of my missions in AC just by running up to people and stabbing them.

Exactly what I mean! It's supposed to be stealth-based, but you can just run around and stab people to instantly kill them! If you run up and stab one guard, any guards around him should have already been suspicious and should already be killing you.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: June 24, 2015, 03:25:54 pm »

Dishonored does OK with stealth on the harder difficulties.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: June 24, 2015, 03:27:53 pm »

A minecraft mod(or any other simmilar sandbox game) that greatly expands the game fauna, including adding some dangerous animals(not necessarily real ones, but not supernatural fantasy monsters either), has much harder crafting(TFC almost covers that perfectly) and more survival stuff(stamina, better hunger system, thirst, wounds and infections, etc.).

hessra

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Internal Struggles
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: June 24, 2015, 04:57:52 pm »

If you don't use blink and vision I think this would actually work nicely.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: June 24, 2015, 05:45:51 pm »

If you don't use blink and vision I think this would actually work nicely.

Yeah, especially since almost* no powers are necessary to complete the game.

*A google search tells me that only three Blinks are required - one(?) in the level you get it, one to get up the water lock, and one to get out of the cell in the Flooded District.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: June 24, 2015, 05:48:10 pm »

Exactly what I mean! It's supposed to be stealth-based, but you can just run around and stab people to instantly kill them! If you run up and stab one guard, any guards around him should have already been suspicious and should already be killing you.

In the first Assassin's Creed you were the terminator. You could literally just strut around and murder your way to your targets, then dice them up too. Later one's did a better job with stealth.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: June 24, 2015, 07:45:08 pm »

In the first Assassin's Creed you were the terminator. You could literally just strut around and murder your way to your targets, then dice them up too. Later one's did a better job with stealth.

That is opposite the truth, in the original it took a lot of work to murder all the guards the right way and be a badass. The later ones made it substantially easier.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: June 24, 2015, 07:47:31 pm »

That is opposite the truth, in the original it took a lot of work to murder all the guards the right way and be a badass. The later ones made it substantially easier.

My buddy's approach was to literally walk into whatever counted for the front door and kill everything, then stab the target. There were some areas where that was not allowed, but it worked every time for him. It was fun to watch.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: June 24, 2015, 07:49:40 pm »

The guards in AssCred were brutal yo. Especially in the boss areas they can end up swarming you really easily.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: June 24, 2015, 07:58:52 pm »

The guards in AssCred were brutal yo. Especially in the boss areas they can end up swarming you really easily.
I think I'll try the original AC when it's on sale, thanks.
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 577