Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929530 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5400 on: June 24, 2015, 08:31:16 pm »

A stealth-based game where the guards aren't blind. There may be some that I do not know of, but I haven't seen any.

Note: when I say stealth-based I mean stealth is actually the focus of the game, like Assassin's Creed. Not things like Fallout: New Vegas where steath might make things much easier if you invest in it, but is not the focus.

Some of the older Hitman games, although they tread the line between "challenging" and "impossible without a walkthrough". The guards are hyper-competent, so one false move usually means failure.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: June 24, 2015, 08:35:15 pm »

have we mentioned Thief yet? That whole series sans the latest one is probs to your liking.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: June 24, 2015, 08:43:39 pm »

A stealth-based game where the guards aren't blind. There may be some that I do not know of, but I haven't seen any.

Note: when I say stealth-based I mean stealth is actually the focus of the game, like Assassin's Creed. Not things like Fallout: New Vegas where steath might make things much easier if you invest in it, but is not the focus.
I'm going to suggest Invisible Inc, even though the guards are pretty blind, because A if you like stealth games you should check it out and B the guards do have a few surprises in them.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: June 24, 2015, 08:59:51 pm »

The only time stealth is ever necessary in AC is when detection is an instant failure state.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: June 25, 2015, 04:30:10 am »

I can't recommend it myself, having never played it, but as a possible steal-game option there is Styx: Master of Shadows, wherein you play a goblin.

As I say, I can't speak to its actual stealth mechanics as I haven't played it, but suggesting it only as an option against the more common AC/Thief/etc suggestions.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: June 29, 2015, 12:45:00 am »

I want to play a game about killing dictators. Mind you, not some chickenshit game where you're an overly professional and battle-hardened soldier gunning for some generic fictional dictator who rules a country that doesn't seem to have any civilians. I want to play as an ax-wielding maniac who has somehow gotten into Kim-Jong Un's mansion, and in addition to mutilating him and his guards, I also want to mutilate his family and any particularly loyal members of his staff. Then I want to do the same to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Then the Castros. Then Troung Tan Sang. Then Yoweri Museveni. Then a massacre of the scions of House Saud. And so on and so on. Multiple scenarios for each dictator; at a minimum each has a scenario where the goal is to kill them in their home, one where the goal is to kill them in a public place during a speech or parade, one where you kill them in the capitol of their government, and one scenario specific to the dictator (for example since Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's government is a theocracy you might kill him in a mosque). The building layouts and the dictators' faces should be as true to life as possible. If the dictators' real-world counterparts don't take extreme personal offense to the game then it hasn't been made correctly.
The first DLC shall give the same treatment to influential captains of industry such as the Koch brothers, Donald trump and Chris Dodd.
The second DLC shall give the treatment to historical dictators and would-be dictators such as Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Tojo and Hirohito, Francisco Franco, the Three Pashas, Momar Gadaffi, Che Guevera, Kim Il-Sung, Idi Amin, Henry VIII, the prophet Abraham,  the peophet mohammed, Mao Tse Tung, ayatollah Khomeini, Joseph McCarthy, Benjamin Rush, the Duvaliers, Fulgencio Batista, King George III, Pol Pot, Jefferson Davis, Stephen Douglas, Kim Jong Il, J. Edgar Hoover, etc.
The next DLC would deal with the murder of historical captains of industry such as Steve Jobs, Jack Valenti, and so on.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:41:56 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: June 29, 2015, 12:52:07 am »

Ok then.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: June 29, 2015, 12:53:03 am »

Wouldn't that be a fun game?

Not as fun as doing it for real, mind you, but a hell of a lot safer.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:55:14 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: June 29, 2015, 01:00:39 am »

...mutilate his family...
...fun as doing it for real...
Does this not seem somewhat immoral to you.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5409 on: June 29, 2015, 01:03:57 am »

Not as fun as doing it for real, mind you—
I don't think a healthy person should consider real murder to be fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: June 29, 2015, 01:05:48 am »

Not as fun as doing it for real, mind you~
FTFY

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: June 29, 2015, 01:10:45 am »

...mutilate his family...
...fun as doing it for real...
Does this not seem somewhat immoral to you.

A lot of these are hereditary positions and the people who fill them never get any better. Supposing the game was set back in 2010 for example, with Kim Jong Il as the target, would it make any sense to kill Kim Jong Il but not also kill Kim Jong Un while you're at it even if you could?

(The same goes for Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, possibly even more so if we believe his claim to being the true heir of Mohammad.)

I'll admit though that some of these folks do have family that are decent and their families should be left alone.

EDIT:
As for the primary targets they're all people who genuinely deserve it (with the exception of Benjamin Rush {and I guess also Jobs and Trump and the others - possibly excluding Chris Dodd and Jack Valenti - in the proposed industry douchebag dlcs}, who was nevertheless still an enormous asshole)

Not as fun as doing it for real, mind you—
I don't think a healthy person should consider real murder to be fun.

Maybe "satisfying" would be a better word. If I could kill Kim-Jong-Un or Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in a humiliating, gory, and public manner I'd do it in a second (provided that I was 100% sure I could get to safety afterwards). It would be doing a favor to literally the entire world except them personally. If there is anyone in the entire world who deserves to die it's them. and If there is anyone in the enitre world who doesn't deserve even an ounce of respect it's them. (And originally they were going to be the only ones mentioned; the others on the list were added as an afterthought.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:52:29 am by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: June 29, 2015, 01:48:25 am »

What is a power vacuum.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: June 29, 2015, 01:51:48 am »

I find that's the sort of thing people always say until they're in the moment. I think imagining committing murder is what people find satisfying, so they assume an actual killing would be even more so. I'm a hippy dippy "life is sacred" type of guy though, so I dunno if that's just my bias.

I wish they'd make a TES-like RPG set in the Dragon Ball Z verse. Since the latest Bethesda sandboxes have just been FPS games with random RPG rules thrown in anyway, there's no reason you couldn't just make an action game out of the same framework. Skyrim's magic already feels pretty much like I'd expect some moves from DBZ to feel in that sort of game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: June 29, 2015, 01:56:12 am »

What is a power vacuum.

The reason for also killing these people's descendants and ministers
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 577