Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929347 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5940 on: September 28, 2015, 10:15:53 am »

Well, what is was supposed to be anyway.

I liked Spore's tribal stage. In fact, they were mostly all really fun other than the civilization stage, which was just awful. Space stage was hit and miss.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: September 28, 2015, 11:25:58 am »

If you saw the early demo you can see the game was going to be more complex, fun and better overall, instead of the dumbed down end version.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: September 28, 2015, 12:32:15 pm »

I did not, alas.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: September 28, 2015, 01:01:47 pm »

A tribal simulator.  Set in some faux-paleolithic/bronze/iron age setting, where each individual of your tribe is unique, and due to time passing on a day by day basis, incredibly important numbers-wise.  You only control one individual, the leader, and your ability to control the others is dependent on their loyalty to you, with family members being available automatically ( although that can change over time ) and foreign individuals and enemies potentially being converted to your group.

King of Dragon Pass is probably the closest to that I've ever seen.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: September 28, 2015, 02:27:58 pm »

How about a city builder on a spherical map
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5945 on: September 28, 2015, 03:25:52 pm »

A tribal simulator.  Set in some faux-paleolithic/bronze/iron age setting, where each individual of your tribe is unique, and due to time passing on a day by day basis, incredibly important numbers-wise.  You only control one individual, the leader, and your ability to control the others is dependent on their loyalty to you, with family members being available automatically ( although that can change over time ) and foreign individuals and enemies potentially being converted to your group.

I myself want to have something like this but built as an RPG. Your PC is a Beowulf-like hero of a small hall in the midst of some great catastrophy, and only by going into the wilderness and slaying beasts, protecting the fields, seeking treasure, and finding isolated settlements to bring into the fold, can your people survive the Blood Moon or Fimblewinter or whatever.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: September 28, 2015, 04:00:29 pm »

How about a city builder on a spherical map
Coruscant, the game.

Our alternatively Sim Coruscant

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: September 28, 2015, 04:08:03 pm »

That reminds me. Does anybody here by any chance have the expertise to create  3d digital models of the SimCity 2000 arcologies of a format suitable to stick into a SimCity Societies Destinations mod?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: September 28, 2015, 11:30:39 pm »

I wish that there was a game which had both real-time and turn-based gameplay and that you could switch between them at any time.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: September 29, 2015, 05:25:08 am »

X-COM: Apocalypse does on the battlemap, I've heard. Haven't played it myself, though.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: September 29, 2015, 06:01:37 am »

I myself want to have something like this but built as an RPG. Your PC is a Beowulf-like hero of a small hall in the midst of some great catastrophy, and only by going into the wilderness and slaying beasts, protecting the fields, seeking treasure, and finding isolated settlements to bring into the fold, can your people survive the Blood Moon or Fimblewinter or whatever.

There is something like that in development: Eternal Winter.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: September 29, 2015, 06:02:32 am »

I wish that there was a game which had both real-time and turn-based gameplay and that you could switch between them at any time.

There are a few squad-level games that let you pause the game and issue orders.

Gunlok is one such game that I have, which came out in 2000, and I think is an underrated game, although opinions seem pretty divided on the topic.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:12:21 am by Reelya »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: September 29, 2015, 08:42:59 am »

Hearthstone: Starcraft Edition.
Though frankly there's less potential for cards there because AFAIK HS cards are pulled from WoW and there's far more potential there than in the Starcraft games, but it would still be pretty fun to see.

...I should get Hearthstone at some point anyway, actually. I keep watching it but I've never played it. :p

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: September 29, 2015, 09:08:23 am »

Hinterlands does that in a very simplistic fashion.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: September 29, 2015, 11:12:34 am »

How about an RPG where the frequency of leveling up increases rather than decreases as the game progresses. That would be cool.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 577