Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926941 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6150 on: October 24, 2015, 10:35:48 pm »

A 2 player Mafia game revolving around mostly WIFOM and mind games. Would be cool since you would only need 1 other player to play it, and would only really require a small deck of role cards.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: October 25, 2015, 05:30:02 am »

I'd like a game that is like a reverse Bowser's Inside Story. To let you know what I'm talking about, in BIS you are a tiny Mario and Luigi inside of bowser's body and you screw around with his organs, energize his muscles, and massage his prostate in order to make him stronger.

Well, what I want is a game where you put on your rainbow socks, jump into the magical vehicle of your choice, and microscopically invade the bodies of your enemies in order to fight their insides, securing victory that way.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: October 25, 2015, 07:52:32 am »

Definitely needs to be a game starring a hot chick in a Viking chainmail bikini with an Uzi.

Wait, are those spikes on her breasts? Poor bastard who tries to cop a feel.
Dude that's not an Uzi.
Yes it is.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6153 on: October 25, 2015, 10:17:23 am »

Definitely needs to be a game starring a hot chick in a Viking chainmail bikini with an Uzi.
Dude that's not an Uzi.
Yes it is.
TFW people are so sure someone is going to make a mistake they do the exact same one.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: October 25, 2015, 02:58:05 pm »

Holy shit... I started this thread about four years ago and it's still going?

My God.

...Well, anyway, here's a game I want- and plan to make someday, if I can get a game company up and running...

The game takes place in a procedurally-generated map in the Canadian countryside. The players are all lumberjacks, and you can cut down trees and use the wood to build up your log cabin. The objective of a typical game would be to have the biggest, most elaborate log cabin out of all the other players by the time the game ends. However, here's the catch: The players can murder each other and (slowly) destroy each other's cabins.

There would be a currency system in place, gotten in small amounts whenever you do lumberjack stuff like chop wood, in moderate amounts for killing players and reaching building thresholds with your cabin, and (extremely) slowly over time. You could buy stuff like better axes to chop/murder faster, reinforced flannel shirts for more health, flapjacks to restore health, and maybe a magic beard or some shit that turns you into Paul Bunyan for a few seconds. There would also be other game modes that could be just free-for-all combat, CTF, team cabin-building... Really, I think there's a lot of potential with this idea!

It's just an idea for now, but I do plan to actually make it someday, so any feedback, questions, comments and concerns would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:00:45 pm by Audioworm333 »
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: October 25, 2015, 03:20:45 pm »

Dude that's not an Uzi.
Yes it is.
TFW people are so sure someone is going to make a mistake they do the exact same one.
fuck the shadow on the mountain looked like a magazine
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: October 25, 2015, 05:21:42 pm »

Something along the lines of Total War, but with a focus on necromancy, and raising the dead. Starting in secret, lest you be discovered before forming a decent power base, you have to find various ways to gather your power, from the subversive (like robbing graves and hunting down artifacts) or the more overt (slaughtering a village in the night in order to have fresh bodies to raise).

Of course, you're not the only one who's had this idea, and there will be other neophyte necromancers out there as potential allies or rivals to your cause. If you get too large, too quickly, the ruling kingdoms will band together to take you down as a threat.

End goals could be along the lines of becoming a lich or demilich, or finding demons willing to support you in a pact, in order to expand your power beyond mortal limits, as humans are frail and prone to insanity when directly controlling so many undead.

Battles would be presented in Total War fashion, with hero units taking a greater role, such that they could raise the dead in the midst of battle, or support with various spells, and able to support the hundreds or thousands of undead swarming across the battlefield.

Oh, and there would be some form of morality system involved, since most games seem to have them these days. You may be trying to take over the evil kingdom with a different brand of evil, or overthrow it while using undead as laborers allowing for the living citizens to take up skilled work or whatever other past time they choose. Different morality will affect the choices you make, with various bonuses for going good, evil or remaining neutral (since neutrality seems to be unrewarded in most games).
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: October 25, 2015, 07:28:15 pm »

A game where you are a clearly evil or amoral character that is TRYING to do evil things, but always doing good things by accident, and it's always treated as a sitcom-level misunderstanding as everyone lauds him/her as a hero.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: October 25, 2015, 07:35:18 pm »

Dude that's not an Uzi.
Yes it is.

I could have been wrong. It could be a MAC-10. Honestly, I never bother with submachine guns. Pistols and rifles 4 life.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: October 25, 2015, 08:52:59 pm »

A game where you are a clearly evil or amoral character that is TRYING to do evil things, but always doing good things by accident, and it's always treated as a sitcom-level misunderstanding as everyone lauds him/her as a hero.

This is a valid interpretation of Deadpool at a literary level.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: October 25, 2015, 09:04:03 pm »

There must eventually be a point where people acknowledge that the character is evil, though. Even if you have to kill absolutely everyone for it to happen.

In fact that's how it should end up. You're so evil that there's no-one around to see that you're evil.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: October 25, 2015, 09:23:06 pm »

it isnt entirely different from Privateer 2, Planescape Torment, and the old Dreamcast RotLW game.  Not at the sitcom level, but those were all the same deal.. spoiler spoiler...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: October 25, 2015, 09:25:02 pm »

There must eventually be a point where people acknowledge that the character is evil, though. Even if you have to kill absolutely everyone for it to happen.

In fact that's how it should end up. You're so evil that there's no-one around to see that you're evil.
Deadpool Kills Everybody??
(I forget the exact title.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: October 25, 2015, 09:46:20 pm »

A first-person shooter in the Sonic universe, where you play as one of Eggman's weird machinegun kill bots from the Adventure canon and you have to fight Sonic and his crew.

EDIT: Actually, I wish there was an MMO where the classes differ in ways other than combat ability.

For example, in WoW, every character has equal crafting potential. There's probably minmax number-crunch things you can do for optimal efficiency that I don't know about, but basically any character can craft anything, given that they keep up with the type of materials they get.

In contrast, Runescape makes it so that getting a high level in anything (besides combat skills) is pretty arduous work. Nobody's going to sit around grinding Cooking all the way to level 100, so the majority of players would just pay another player who has a high Cooking skill to make what they want. It created a neat in-game player-based economy. These are gameplay experiences circa 2007 though, so RS has probably changed quite a lot since then.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:31:14 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: October 25, 2015, 10:32:55 pm »

My dream strategy game is something like a mix of Europa Universalis and Civilization and some of the grand strategy element of TW.

Maps: Maybe procedurally generated, I could settle for Earth, or smaller, Europe, etc. but there would be no grid, square or hex based. Instead, movement ranges are based on technology at the time, and other factors like equipment, weather, and infrastructure. Like civilization, you must build most everything (it could be a useful mechanic to be able to automate much of it, or save templates) including cities, roads, industry, etc. I don't know how micro it would get, but I would settle for just placing the city and determining how it grows via determining how it handles industry.

I don't know how I would want research handled!

Recruitment is more like EU, but based on local zones of city control, like Civ, but actual borders are determined through a unique treaty mechanic. In short, YOU GET TO DRAW THE LINES ON THE MAP. Which excites me. Terrain comes in to importance big time obviously. Anyways, recruits are formed up at cities before being grouped into regiments and armies. Armies have their own zone of engagement too, much like TW. There should be tools like HOI to be able to handles huge amounts of units without having to needlessly micromanage.

Anyways, the unique mechanic is treaties. Diplomacy is everything, internally AND externally. I imagine a game where you can negotiate anything. I have so much to say on this, I tried to make it once. Failed miserably.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 577