Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929228 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6705 on: March 03, 2016, 08:13:04 am »

After watching Stardew valley for a while I realized what I truly wanted.

I want a HarvestMoon/StardewValley game with full on rivals.. Not just romantic rivals, but farming rivals. You'd have to keep your farm in check, compete with others, prices of crops would fluctuate because of people purchasing/selling crops, all the while dealing with them personally (Friends? Foes? Rivalry?) while trying to keep your farm afloat. Maybe even being able to hire farmhands and the like to help you, either by being friendly with the villagers and asking for help or paying a salary.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: March 03, 2016, 09:00:29 am »

There is a mobile game called hay day where you compete for prices with the thousands of people playing, but that's probably not what you want.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: March 03, 2016, 09:02:59 am »

I've actually played that was an enjoyable time waster, but yeah it's not what I'm looking for.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: March 03, 2016, 09:04:03 am »

I want a zero-gravity, free-rotation multiplayer FPS. Add a lead indicator (as in War Thunder) and it'd probably be my new favorite multiplayer game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: March 03, 2016, 12:51:24 pm »

I want a zero-gravity, free-rotation multiplayer FPS. Add a lead indicator (as in War Thunder) and it'd probably be my new favorite multiplayer game.
Problem would be with all the noobs that play it and don't know where the enemy gate is.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: March 03, 2016, 01:19:01 pm »

Problem would be with all the noobs that play it and don't know where the enemy gate is.
THE ENEMY GATE IS DOWN! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: March 03, 2016, 02:21:30 pm »

But... there is no down in zero-g.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: March 03, 2016, 02:53:13 pm »

You missed a reference there. Down is where you can imagine down to be.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6713 on: March 03, 2016, 03:18:16 pm »

A shooter (doesn't matter if it's first or third person.) Where you are some sort of spirit that can possess other people's bodies for short periods of time. After that time, your hosts body will force you back out and they won't be able to be possessed anymore. When you are without a body, you can be hurt but you can also attack people as well. When you are in somebody else, you won't take damage as they do, but you can use their weapons to kill other guys. If a person who you are possessing dies, you get forced out as well. The main gameplay would be strategically choosing who to possess and when to ditch the body you are currently in. And as the game goes on, enemies get smarter, and they force you out faster.

An old-ish game called Messiah is the closest I can think of this idea being realized, the core gameplay mechanic is possession of unwilling bodies.

"The Devil has positioned himself as the ruler of an earthly technocratic dystopia. God sends an angel called Bob to do battle with Satan for the ultimate survival of the universe and whatnot in Faktur, a city filled with sex workers, corrupt cops, and cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers [...]. The plot seems mainly an excuse for the developers to present the effectively incongruous image of a diapered cherub scooting through a grim and violent urban wasteland."
If I remember right, that game was literally one of worst pieces of shit for various reasons.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: March 03, 2016, 04:27:37 pm »

Like you're crushing them beneath you're heel.

And yes, that sounds like an awesome game that I want, right now.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: March 03, 2016, 04:48:07 pm »

I'd just like existing zero-G games to not have arbitrary directions.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: March 03, 2016, 05:05:17 pm »

Kerbal Space Program.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: March 03, 2016, 05:07:40 pm »

But the planets are on rails! Every space object that you didn't make and that isn't a meteor is on rails, in fact... and that means there most certainly are arbitrary directions.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: March 03, 2016, 06:14:14 pm »

What about that "Shattered Horizon" game?  I think it was originally a tech demo for high end nvidia cards, and it did look boss.

the whole selling point was realistic, zero-g, FPS.

I guess there is still a small community that plays, you can buy the game on Desura and it will come with a Steam key.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: March 04, 2016, 02:46:58 pm »

Roblox that doesn't have a horrible community of prepubescent children, runs on Linux (and runs well) and doesn't have a rather horrid monetization model (though to be fair there have been worse ones out there).

I just want Roblox back damnit.
And Blockland.

I miss those games and the associated "Roblox VS Blockland" war dearly.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 577