Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 931905 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6675 on: February 20, 2016, 02:31:24 pm »

I'm still itching for a highly mobility-based open world game with gorgeous graphics, exotic environments, and quick, high-mortality low-accuracy combat. Something where you can fight your way around in a straight line of instant death, or bob and weave and avoid getting into fights with super high-speed moves and short-range teleports and stuff.

This is prompted in large part by the fact that when I play WildStar, I spend more time exploring the world than doing anything else.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: February 20, 2016, 03:01:42 pm »

So, Arx, do you recommend WildStar? I've been meaning to get into it but dunno a lot about it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: February 20, 2016, 03:23:55 pm »

I was listening to some of Tupac's later works (for maximum inspiration, look up Ghetto Gospel) and it's rather depressing tones about gangbanging and it gave me the inspiration for a gritty gangster rpg. Think This War of Mine levels of grittiness, it deconstructs everything we think of the gangster lifestyle.
You start a just a depressed young brother just dropped outta school and you have to try to build a life for yourself. Start small time crimes, like scoring cheap drugs and reselling them, get a few friends and start your own gang. This will have a full customization suite to it, including gang colors, "attitude", and tags.
Combat is short and intense, a single bullet can end you and street brawls with melee weapons is usually dependent on who swings first. Will include a wide swath of weapons, from cheap .22s up towards highly illegal assault weapons. Armor can save your life, but if you gain a reputation for wearing it, your enemies will begin to use different weapons to get around it, such as explosives or a very sneaky knife attack.
Doing your crimes is kinda easy at first, as you're so small time the other gangs and the police might not notice you. The more you do it on a gangs turf, the higher a chance they'll notice you. If they do, you could bribe them and gain their protection, but they'll still leave you in the dust if you arouse police suspicion. But once you start gaining rep, it gets harder, and the cops will harass you if you fly your gang colors and stuff.
CK2 levels of intrigue happen as you gain a reputation and some of your homies might not be as loyal as you think. The gang management will be a bit automated, in that you initially recruit individual members, but over time true management requires leveling a few homies to shot-caller level and assign new members to them and order them toward certain goals. Defending your turf, buying/making and selling drugs or weapons, endorsing a pimp and having him run a stable of hos or recruiting new members from disenfranchised youths.
Getting caught by the one-time puts the game into a sort of DF-like world generation as the world goes on without you; if your gang was well-structured and diversified enough to survive with the increased police scrutiny while you're away that once you get released you can simply pick up where you left off if your rep was high enough. Or you have to start all over again.
Overall, it'd be a pretty damn depressing game; if you die your gang continues on without you, and you even get a funeral cut-scene that reflects how well you did. And then you can create a new character, and maybe join your old gang. Or make a new one and fight the old one.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: February 20, 2016, 05:30:06 pm »

What about the people who run gangs from in prison?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: February 20, 2016, 07:54:43 pm »

What about the people who run gangs from in prison?

Ooooh, you're right. I suppose it would depend on the respect you had garnered before you got nabbed, if you were a highly respected OG you can task a bit from in prison, but if you we surrounded by brothers looking out for themselves your orders might get ignored.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: February 20, 2016, 08:30:16 pm »

I'd be all over a sort of gritty gangsta sim like that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: February 20, 2016, 09:06:16 pm »

I'd be all over a sort of gritty gangsta sim like that.

I know right? But let me tell you, I had an extremely depressing game in mind when I wrote that up and I didn't quite paint the picture for it.
The scene for some events would be played out fully:
You started slinging some cocaine in the beginning and brought a friend who also dropped out of school into the fold as a bodyguard and partner. You have a few close scrapes and you come to trust him as your right hand. You pull in some other boys and your gang grows and you task your buddy with running the drug biz, as he gained some experience running drugs with you. You let him recruit some guys on his own and he takes off and you begin recruiting other shot-callers. One of them becomes disgruntled at not being in charge of his own drug route, so you task him with running drugs alongside your buddy to learn the ropes. He grows and gains his own route and you think things are fine, and they are.
Until you "rest" for a night, and while the screen fades out, it flashes up again and you see your buddy walking along a rainy street in your turf, going home with some groceries. Some homies are drinking on a stoop and flash signs as he walks up and things look fine. As he walks away, heading home, a car comes along at high speed. The homies on the stoop guess somethings wrong and get up and pull their guns. The car opens a window and automatic fire shreds them. Your buddy drops the groceries and draws down on the speeding car. The car speeds by and sprays fire at him. You think things will be fine, your bro's a fuking badass. Then a second car rolls up and throws a molotov behind the car he was talking cover behind. He ignites and breaks cover and instantly receives multiple shots through the chest. The game will show the full effects of taking AK rounds through the chest and massive blood spatters will coat the wall behind him as he drops, dead. The cars speed off and we get a last glimpse of your homies corpse before the "end of turn" fade out continues and you get a popup the next morning that you just lost your best friend and most loyal lieutenant, and we both know exactly who arranged that.

Depressing shit.

Edit: for more sadfeels, this plays when he hits the ground: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC3F1uZJ2jc

Double edit: These scenes aren't even exclusive; your opponents might get a similar scene, as your hit squads might catch up to them while they're doing anything, up to and including playing with their kids.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:33:04 pm by JimboM12 »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6682 on: February 21, 2016, 11:59:42 am »

So, Arx, do you recommend WildStar? I've been meaning to get into it but dunno a lot about it.

Kinda depends what you want out of an MMO. I wouldn't say the combat is anything really groundbreaking, but I do like the environment and graphics. It can get pretty grindy sometimes, but I don't really have much of a benchmark for that. I'm not much of one for MMOs.

The mobility stuff is pretty fun. Lots of double jumping, quite a number of teleport skills, lots of things to do zany things involving jumping and so on.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: February 25, 2016, 06:41:44 pm »

Remember when I suggested this:

A shooter (doesn't matter if it's first or third person.) Where you are some sort of spirit that can possess other people's bodies for short periods of time. After that time, your hosts body will force you back out and they won't be able to be possessed anymore. When you are without a body, you can be hurt but you can also attack people as well. When you are in somebody else, you won't take damage as they do, but you can use their weapons to kill other guys. If a person who you are possessing dies, you get forced out as well. The main gameplay would be strategically choosing who to possess and when to ditch the body you are currently in. And as the game goes on, enemies get smarter, and they force you out faster.

Well, Super hot seems to have gotten even more awesome with the inclusion of this. I'm so happy.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #6684 on: February 25, 2016, 09:19:43 pm »

Multiplayer SUPERHOT

it is impossible
I got nothing

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: February 25, 2016, 09:21:02 pm »

Maybe a co-op would work. With time following the faster person, so one person running off would most likely kill them both.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: February 25, 2016, 11:26:16 pm »

Multiplayer SUPERHOT

it is impossible
It's possible with the magic of TIME DILATION.
Probably a very hard engineering problem though.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: February 25, 2016, 11:40:52 pm »

Multiplayer SUPERHOT

it is impossible
Maybe we when have real life stasis systems and we're willing to risk our health for GAMING MAGIC.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: February 25, 2016, 11:57:19 pm »

It could just run at the speed of the slowest person. Leaving you with mind-games as you try to trick one another into holding a button while the opponent taps it. Leading to five-hour marathons of people occasionally tapping a move-button which end when the N.P.C.s eventually kill everyone at pause-speeds thus proving the superiority of the machine...

Or you could try some version of computer-assisted-speedrun system where everyone queues up their movements a single frame at a time...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: February 26, 2016, 12:42:59 am »

I want a game like those Learn to Fly type "see how far you can go by adjusting certain variables" games, but with combat athletes.  You basically take the role of a coach training a fighter from scratch.  You would be responsible for their entire regimen, training their fundamentals, physical improvement, strategy, etc.

You'd mix and match diets, cardio, weights/bodyweight exercises, the type of sparring partners they'd have, how often your fighter would have to train, as well as practically every aspect of their physical and psychological development.  Then you'd pick who they'd fight, finding a mix of the easiest opponents possible but who can still provide a challenge, entertainment for fans and an advance in pay and standing in the fight world.

Each fighter you'd train would have different starting physical attributes, psychological strengths and vulnerabilities, different levels of commitment, etc.  With the right training and nurturing, anyone can be taught how to train and think like a champion, but it would be those with natural gifts that would end up being the best fighters in your stable, and the best fighters in the world.

Fighting Coach Sim 2016.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 577