Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926703 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6975 on: July 07, 2016, 02:53:58 pm »

I recommend actually keeping the amount of metal or scrap constant, or perhaps something where the game keeps X lbs of scrap metal available per active player. If there are lots of players online, a few shipwrecks get exposed or whatever. If the population drops, then normal wear and tear and damage eats up excess with few new finds being granted.

Keep that "there isn't enough to go 'round, and there's less every day" vibe.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: July 07, 2016, 02:56:07 pm »

What WAS Star Wars Galaxies?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: July 07, 2016, 03:25:30 pm »

The official Star Wars MMO before The Old Republic. People are really nostalgic for it. I think there might be unofficial servers/clients kicking around.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: July 07, 2016, 05:08:03 pm »

SWGEMU

Not yet complete, though.

Edit: my bad, I thought you were wishing it existed, not replying to someone else.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: July 07, 2016, 10:57:10 pm »

Also a barter trading system would be fun if you could do it. I.E. no real currency. Maybe things which are always in demand, like engine parts, water, oil, could be a go-to trade item. But their value would also depend on who is asking, and where.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: July 08, 2016, 04:59:03 am »

Crusader Kings II: Bene Gesserit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: July 08, 2016, 05:06:06 am »

Tfw the Kwisatz Haderach comes a generation early
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: July 08, 2016, 06:11:34 am »

I want an environmental survival horror game; first person perspective, very inter-actable environment, very photorealistic.  The thing trying to kill you in any scenario would be a natural disaster; earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, firestorms, etc.  You'd spawn in a random place, Geoguesser style, and you'd have to do your best to avoid the natural disaster by any means.  NPCs would exist, and also try to survive, with differing goals, some would want to reach loved ones, others try to document the disasters, emergency services would be trying to help people ( and you ) and the scenario ends if and when you manage to completely get away from the disaster by either foot, bike, car, or other land vehicle.  Then you're rated on your success and savvy, and how many injuries you managed to avoid.

Could definitely be something for VR, the sheer sublime terror of being faced with something so large and unavoidable once you get yourself in a corner is a branch of horror not really explored by today's games.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: July 08, 2016, 06:55:24 am »

A strategy game with
Turn based strategy map like civilization/total war.
Simultaneous movement for the armies at the end of the turn for all factions.
Real time tactical battles like Total War.
General rank, traits and personality influence how well they carry orders, how much troops they can command and such.
Detailed supply lines and supply stocks for the armies. Food, payment, workers/slaves, arrows/bolts/darts, ammo, cannonballs, weapons, horses, reinforcements and such.
Fully customable AI, include the AI scripts and the compiler in the game so people could tweak it.
Fully modifiable so you can play any age or fantasy scenario you want.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: July 08, 2016, 07:05:04 am »

A time travel game that is basically Stirling's Nantucket series but you start out solo and with no equipment. You can pick the time period within certain constraints and choose either a historical Earth or a largely similar procedurally generated world. Built in the M&B engine or so (a roguelike is fine too), there are no tutorials or instructions and while such things are indeed possible within the mechanics and interface, prompts like "press enter to use a lateen rig/perform the Haber-Bosch process/smelt arsenical bronze" never actually appear in game.

Completely open-ended, you travel at will and can interact with historical civs, procedural ones, or explore a world with a mythical twist.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: July 09, 2016, 08:02:08 pm »

A beat-em-up game with randomized/rougelike elements.

Think of it like Yakuza, but with a randomized town, randomized gangs, randomized main story, etc.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: July 10, 2016, 05:41:10 am »

I want an MMO where players have vastly different play experiences. In every MMO (that I've played), every character class has some form of basic combat ability so they can survive and level up. What I'm talking about is, maybe there are some characters that have no combat skill at all and would just get massacred in a dungeon. But they're useful, because they can pick locks, or disarm traps, or identify which treasure is the most valuable, or find hidden doors, or even just be an extra set of arms to carry off loot.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: July 10, 2016, 10:25:14 am »

I want an MMO where players have vastly different play experiences. In every MMO (that I've played), every character class has some form of basic combat ability so they can survive and level up. What I'm talking about is, maybe there are some characters that have no combat skill at all and would just get massacred in a dungeon. But they're useful, because they can pick locks, or disarm traps, or identify which treasure is the most valuable, or find hidden doors, or even just be an extra set of arms to carry off loot.
That would be...

You might be asking for something like real life there. I guess.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6988 on: July 10, 2016, 08:31:52 pm »

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/
That's one of the big things about this game.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: July 11, 2016, 12:00:33 am »

I found this

https://applepinegames.com/tech/steam-game-generator

Which generates such gems as
Apollo4X is a third-person action-adventure game that will have a flying dragon.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 577